SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam through tuition?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
old git
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can someone tells me how this works? My daughter teaches singing and got this recently.

Hello,
Good day to you over there,i am Rev.Skimma Codded I need
a tutor for my child base on your advert ,i got your advert while surfing through the internet and i really want my child to be taught by you.John is 18 year old and easily catch up..Although,i understand you are in Uk but i've arranged with my cousin living in overthere that my child is coming to stay with him from the Netherlands for his period of tutoring and he had agreed with me. I want you to get back to me with following details:
1)your present residence address and tel #
2)total cost of tutoring for 2 months (1 hour per day 3 days /week)
3)your years of teaching experience.
Payment via cashier's cheque,looking
forward to hearing from you soonest.
Regards to you and your family
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He'll pay in advance with a fake cheque and has you WU the money back to him when his kids can't show up for the lessons, so sharpen the contract Wink

EDIT:
WELCOME HERE,
I just saw this was your first post. Read, Read and Read a bit more, if.. get a handy free mentor and have fun

Bait SAFE

** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, as Bill says, he'll send you 2 months worth of tuition fees in the form of a cheque. He'll cancel the lessons then ask you to wire the money back, keeping a little for your trouble. The cheque is of course fake and will bounce, leaving you owing the whole lot.
It's another version of the classic overpayment scam, as popularly seen on sales sites like ebay and craigslist etc.

Recently there's been a few of these "payment for services" scams, including one that targets music teachers and linguists. They're not as common as some others though. Well done on spotting it and being wary. Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
old git
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many thanks Bill2 & Mugatu - I just could not figure out what was behind it. I am new to this site and I feel I can learn a lot here on ways to deal with the nonsense that pours into my in box.
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

old git wrote:
I feel I can learn a lot here on ways to deal with the nonsense that pours into my in box.

thats easy,just hit the delete button on mails that are not from friends or family.

i must commend you on doing your research as that has saved you some money now.if you wish to continue,please sign up for a mentor and join this happy gang of baiters to give those scammers sheer hell.

Twisted Evil

have fun and bait safe

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I feel I can learn a lot here on ways to deal with the nonsense that pours into my in box.
we all would have to second that Laughing
Quote:
Read, Read and Read a bit more, if.. get a handy free mentor and have fun

Think about it, free fun and doing good, what other hobby can compete with that Question Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic