SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Genuine Reasons to Use Western Union or Moneygram?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so i've been thinking of a potential way to reduce the risk of people getting scammed and figured that one way would be to compile a list of what people who genuinely and routinely use WU or Moneygram actually use them for and for who... My plan is to educate people that YES, WU or Moneygram can be useful (and i'm sure you will give many reasons how they can) but when alarm bells should start ringing and you shouldn't step within 10feet of them let alone hand over cash...

I look forward to your thoughts....

NTBS

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Useful purpose/reasons for using WU

Kids going on backpacking tour and moving round, not wanting to carry travellers cheques or much cash or running short on cash.

Emergency cash for holidaymakers stranded or run out of cash.

People without bank accounts - maybe who are a bad credit risk or barred from holding a bank account.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically, never WU money to anybody who isn't family.`

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Or a very close friend and by close friend we don't mean someone you have been talking to over the Internet for a few months. By close friend we mean someone you have actually met face to face and you have known them, as the saying goes were I'm from, "since Adam were a lad."

(The phrase "since Adam were a lad" could have different semantic connotations around here Laughing I'm using lad to define boy in this context)

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig

Last edited by 4X1X9 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now I've wondered what if someone hacks your account.

We know a Lad will then send out a heap of begging mails or scams to all your contacts.

So I'd add a caveat even to close relatives - check by phone first.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the only genuine way is to wire money to some friends or remote relatives, who are streded in, let's say a hostile country and run out of cash for unforeseeable and very dubious reasons.

Especially if those relatives have injuries, let's say a wounded leg due to some reasons like unfriendly rebel fire.

Or if, for some reason, they brought improper clothing (e.g. long robes in a desert country) and need to hit the nearest boutique.

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
Gladesrunner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Legitimate users of WU and MG?

College Students in the US use it a lot to get money from parents( per my co-workers)

Military Personel receiving money from family (personal experience)

Ex-Pats sending money to family back home (personal observation)

Some companies have bill payment available through MG

Legitimate Emergency (Personal experience, ran out of cash on vacation, boss WU some more)

Malaysia United States Benin Guernsey Ivory Coast x3 United Kingdom x4 Netherlands Spain Nigeria Belgium
Click here to support 419Eater.com
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing What about friendly rebel fire, Wurzgnubbel?

^What GP said. I have used WU once to help a friend in trouble. But it was a small sum and first aid only. I gave him the MTCN by phone when he was in a WU office picking up the funds. This arrangement was safe.

Usually seeing WU logo makes me smile and that is enough for me as to their services. Very Happy

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gladesrunner´s "expats sending money home to their relatives"- my guess is that´s the most important single factor how WU and MG make their money. People who travel abroad for work and send large fractions of their earnings home to their family, who doesn´t have a bank account.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are very expensive for small amounts (large amounts too I guess, but proportionately moreso for smaller amounts), so unless it's an emergency, it's uneconomic, but if there's no other option there's not much alternative apart from MG or the newer players in the market. Their lack of coverage would limit their attractiveness for Lads.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in an area where large numbers of people are from foreign countries. They often send money back to the relatives they left behind. You can tell when payday arrives by the lines at the WU offices. And you can tell the neighborhoods that are more heavily populated by immigrants because there are more WU offices there.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Several years ago I sold an item on Ebay to a guy in Spain.
Ebay does not recommend WU for purchases, but he went to WU and sent me the money ($70) without asking me if it was Ok.
I was able to pick it up in cash at a local grocery store which had a WU outlet.
I sent him his item and he was happy with it.
However, he was taking a chance.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked a WU service rep this very question not so long ago, and she gave me plenty of examples like the ones noted above.

In addition to streded loved ones, there are a number of business transactions (personal and corporate) where "hard cash right now" will seal the deal. A number of transactions require certified funds, and cash is about as certified as it gets. Real estate deals come to mind from my own experience; for some reason cash-money talks louder than all the credit cards in the world.

Streded loved ones is still really good though, I think WU did a commercial about that a while back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic