SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Chicken Out! (ongoing)

View next topic
View previous topic

freaknintendo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is my third bait. I received an email from some person saying he had money in a bank draft. This bait had been pretty successful while I composed this. I pose as Darren S. Burley. Minor changes were made to increase readability. The bait is not colorcoded due to problems with my computer, but it should be obvious to discern my emails, the scammers' emails, and my comments.

There may be discrepancies in time due to time differences and readjustments of my computer clock.

No Subject
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:46:40 AM
Reply-to: [email protected]

Greetings!

I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirmable Bank Draft of $1,000,000,00 USD, but I did not hear from you since that time. Then I deposited the Draft with FEDEX COURIER SERVICE, West Africa, I traveled out of the country for a 3 Months Course and will not be back until September.

Kindly contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you because of the expiring date. For your information, I have paid for the delivering Charges, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque Showing that it is not money laundering.

The only money you will send to the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE is to deliver your Draft direct to your postal Address in your country. The amount is $250.00 only being Security Keeping Fee of the courier Company. Again, don't be received by anybody to pay any other money except $250.00.You have to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with this information bellow;

Contact Person: Mr. Daniel J. Blunt
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone: +234 807 056 3675

RECONFIRM YOUR INFORMATION

Full Name
Address
Occupation
Phone Number

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your name, Postal address and instruct them in other to avoid any mistake on the Delivery of the parcel.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Bill J. Moor

Claims Agent

Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:05:48 PM
Subject:

Hello!

I am sorry for the late reply; I was sick for the past few days and wasn't able to get out of bed. Please understand.

Now, about your proposed deal. I would like to start off by saying I have belief in you, however for a deal of such an amount I take it very seriously. In the last 2 years I had 3 friends who were scammed by the 419 Fraud. They were fooled into transferring their cash into the scoundrels' hands. One of them even killed himself for this. To assure myself that this is reliable, I would like you to show me that this deal is legit. Do be advised that I have absolutely ZERO tolerance on jokes like these. If you are a joker, help me by sticking this up in the Yahoo Answers' "Jokes & Riddles" category.

When I first saw the email, I realized it had no subject. Convinced that it was another annoying ad, I was about to hit "delete" when the content caught me. It was in my spam folder and was marked as very risky by my email provider.

To avoid the hassle may I request you use "Chicken" as the subject line. It may seem silly but this helps us keep the deal in the highest order of confidentiality. It is important that you do this before I am willing to continue any further.

About the value, is it $1,000,000.00 or $1,000,000,000 US dollars? Please mark the value carefully. It would be a good idea to print the value in parentheses, e.g. $5,000.00 USD (FIVE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS ONLY) to reduce confusion.

Finally it would be great if you could address me by my actual name, e.g. Mr. Burley, would be great.

I await your reply, please do so as soon as possible.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 12:18:35 AM
Subject: RE: (No Subject)

FEDEx COURIER Plot 192 Stadium Road. Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.

Attn: Customer Darren Burley,

How are you doing today? This is to acknowledge your e-mail in respect to the delivery of your check of $1,000,000,00.

All you need to do right now to get your check delivered to your door step is to go ahead and pay the security keeping fee of the courier company so far. The fee is $250.00 US Dollars only; you are to come up with this fee as to process the delivery of your package.

Payment should be made via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Transfer, payment details are listed below.

WESTERN UNION / MONEYGRAM PICK UP LOCATION

Receivers Name: Mr Idehen Obabueki Bleek (Account Officer)
Branch Office: Plot 192 Stadium Road. Port-Harcourt. Nigeria.
Text Question to be used: Relationship?
Text Answer: Friend.
Amount: $250.00 US Dollars

You have to send down the MTCN and your complete postal address. Reconfirm your full name, address, country and most important your phone number. Get back to me with your payment details, Note that your tracking number would be provided to you as soon as the payment has been made and confirmed by us. Your check will be delivered within 1-2 days upon confirmation of dispatch.

NOTE: YOUR URGENT RESPONSE TO THIS MAIL WILL BE IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR CLAIMS...

We are glad to be of service to you and Happy Celebrations from FedEx Delivery Express Service.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr.Daniel J.Blunt
Dispatch Director.
Tel: +234 807 056 3675

P.S: Below is the display image of your package on my desk ready for instant dispatchment to your destination home address. (He attaches the picture of the package.)

I feel unhappy because he totally ignored me. It’s interesting how he sent this message 4 times. The second one comes in about 20 seconds later, subject line changed to “MODE OF PAYMENT”. The other two were sent about 90 seconds apart. I told him I feel displeased. When he completely ignores the email I told him to shut up until he answers me, and that the subject line be changed to “Chicken” due to “problems” I said about my mail filters. All of the above were all ignored. I tell him to press the “Send” button only once.

After a struggle, he writes me this:

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:15:48 PM
Subject: ATTN: Darren Burley,

ATTN: Darren Burley,

I dont follow your instruction you are suppose to follow my instruction Mr Darren Burley if you are not ready to make the payment forget about it we well give the funds to the charity home.

Regards

Danile J. Blunt

It’s interesting how he loves hitting the spacebar before typing. There are 31 spaces where that big gap is.

I fire off an email regarding my unanswered queries, and also warn him I am inclined this is a fishy deal.

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:32:30 PM
Subject: Re: ATTN: Darren Burley,

I'm sorry? I thought you received my email and understood the content. I do not like to repeat myself, so please refer to my first email.

By the way, I asked you some questions about the deal. Enlighten me with my uncertainties. I do wish to claim the money but there are some things I simply need to know. There are friends of mine who pay countless amounts and get none in return. I cannot stand to put the sum and have no assurance, hope you understand. I would like you to refer to my email and enlighten me with my queries. I cannot stress enough that this is for the interest of both of us, which is critical in the deal.

If you are insensitive and refuse to understand despite my repeated explanations, I will have to cut the deal for my security and believe for sure this is another annoying scam.

I guess he’s afraid of losing me like that. He sends me a guarantee statement (probably stolen from FedEx).

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:38:05 AM
Subject: LETTER OF GUARANTEED

Dear Darren,

Regarding what you said we send you a letter of guarantee.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

He attaches the letter in the email. Due to the volume of text involved, I will not put it up here. I would presume he took it off FedEx or something. By the way, that’s 20 spaces up there.

I make him feel relieved in the following email, but I’m not too satisfied with one other thing. And it’s not the clarification on the exact sum that I’m after, but something much more interesting.

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:01:52 PM
Subject: Re: LETTER OF GUARANTEED
Dear Mr. Blunt,

Thank you for your letter of guarantee, this makes me much more comfortable with the deal. Given that, I am ready to send the fee for you. Would you please be kind enough to let me know as to the exact sum I will be receiving? I interpret that the sum be either $1 million or $10 million, but I am unsure. Enlighten me.

Please be informed that this was also found in my spam folder, and it took me some 30 minutes to recover the mail to a readable form. Please email me with "chicken" as the title, otherwise this very deal I am eager to work is going to be very tough for me. I am sorry for the awkward or silly title but this is the way my mail system works. Every deal that I have worked on was named like such for this reason, so please be understanding of this, and cooperate while I attempt to fix the problem with my mail system.

I will be sending a file containing my payment information after you could clarify my query above, and that you change the subject line. Thanks for your understanding.

Once again, thank you for you reassurance. I look forward to continue the deal with you.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

He’s probably starving for my cash at the moment, so he sends me this.

Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:06:31 AM
Subject: Dear Darren,

Dear Darren,

How is everyhing? Regarding the payment details we are still expecting it out fast and made the payment because your check is ready for delivery.We should be expecting it.

Regards

Danile J. Blunt

I’ll let him sit for a while. I also counted 22 spaces from above.

Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:25:46 PM
Subject: Re: Dear Darren,

Respond to my message before I will do the same to yours. Otherwise the deal is closed.

It took me 90 mins to retrieve this email; unless you change the subject line to my request no more transactions between the two of us will be possible. I am getting very mad at you for holding this up like such.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

He’s getting impatient, which is good. Unless he writes “Chicken” for the subject I won’t let him out so easily.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:46:20 AM
Subject: HURRY UP

Dear Burley,

I dont understand what you talking about what subject are you talking please put me through and too have made the payment i we advice you to hurry and made the payment because of the expiraing date.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

You don’t understand? Well, just do what I say and you won’t even have to. I hate being questioned by a scammer, so I’ll still follow through with my Chicken path. That’s 18 spaces up there.

Let’s bluff a little more and add some things to the twist, and see how it goes.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:00:42 AM
Subject: Re: HURRY UP

Again, I found this in my spam folder. The subject line I am talking about is that you change the SUBJECT LINE to "Chicken". Do that to avoid having me getting infuriated by having to take at least 30 mins to get the email to be readable. This is because of my problematic mail server. No, I cannot use another one because of the hassle it will create by moving my 11,267 contacts over. The subject line currently reads: Hurry Up. Change that.

I am trying to make the payment, but if anything this problem (above) is hampering me. I advise you do that before we can continue. I cannot personally do it because it, too, is also locked. If I do so the mail will be rendered unusable. Do that for me, quick! I am getting tired of my mail server but I have to stick up with it. If you don't do it do not blame me for taking so long, and I will have to ask you to wait longer. Do what I say and the deal will be done for soon.

Do not question me, just do. I am going to have to ask you to do it soon. Change the Subject line.

Just over 1 hour later, I get an email in my inbox. Let’s see…

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 6:11:50 AM
Subject: CHICKEN

Dear Darren,

Regarding what you told me know problem i have had you okey i want you to go aheard and make the payment on time so that we send the cheque to you on time.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

Daniele J. Blunt, thank you for your prompt reply. It took you six days to finally do what I say? That’s some good efficiency there. At least you wrote “Chicken” for the subject line. By the way it’s 19 spaces up there.

I mock him a little and send him a renamed DLL file of 5.9 megabytes.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 8:04:56 PM
Subject: Re: CHICKEN

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. It's funny how it took you so long to finally get my message. Was I unclear to make requests or are you unable to interpret it? Actually, that was a rhetorical question and you don't have to answer it because we all know, right?

Regarding payment, I have written complete details about my name, gender, DOB, street address, and credit card information in a text document. It is attached in this email. Rest assured that I have checked the document twice and scanned it to ensure it is completely free of malware and other programs of the like.

I would appreciate it if you continue to use this subject line until I have time to have the problem fixed, in which I will let you know. Until then, please continue using "Chicken" as the subject, and in all attachments and the like, to eliminate hassle on my side. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

P.S. I shall assure you I can read your emails as it is. If you wish, simply start the message instead of striking the spacebar 19 times before writing your reply. If you have some kind of spacebar fetish I wouldn't mind that. Just let me know. I'll understand.

It looks like he can’t use my “information” so he tells me to make payment in another option. Surprise, surprise! He’s after Western Union! He sends the same message he sent at the beginning.

Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:21:16 AM
Attn: Darren,

(25 spaces inserted here.) Regarding the file you send the file do not open and we dont need dose data that you send to us we are in africa we dont have dose equictment (Learn to use proper English, will you?)

Payment should be made via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Transfer, payment details are listed below.

WESTERN UNION / MONEYGRAM PICK UP LOCATION

Receivers Name: Mr. Idehen Obabueki Bleek (Account Officer)
Branch Office: Plot 192 Stadium Road, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.

You have to send down the MTCN and your complete postal address. Reconfirm your full name, address, country and most important your phone number. Get back to me with your payment details, Note that your tracking number would be provided to you as soon as the payment has been made and confirmed by us. Your check will be delivered within 1-2 days upon confirmation of dispatch.

NOTE. YOUR URGENT RESPONSE TO THIS MAIL WILL BE IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR CLAIMS...

We are glad to be of service to you and Happy Celebrations from FedEx Delivery Express Service.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Daniel J. Blunt
Dispatch Director.

It’s interesting how his names are inconsistent (Daniel vs. Danile), and how FedEx always has celebrations.

Adding a special twist to delay my payment, I make him think Darren got involved in a car accident. I attached for him a fake phone call as “proof”. From here onwards, I pose with the joke name I. P. Freely.

Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:46:08 AM

Hello,

Please note that the writer is not Darren S. Burley at the moment. My name is I. P. Freely and I am his affiliate. He gave me written consent to use his email address and all else.

I regret to inform you that while we were at the Western Union office some time during last night Darren became victim of a severe car accident. At the same time, I was coincidentally recording the entire phone call, so I shall attach such as proof of the incident. It is a multi-way phone call you will be hearing, as my friends were involved in attempt to help David. David is the nickname we give to Darren due to his love of Harley-Davidson bikes, by the way, so when you hear "David" we are addressing Mr. Burley.

You may be wondering as to why he is in Great Britain as opposed to his home in the United States, the reason being his visit to some friends he had since kindergarten. It is sad that he has gone through such a tragedy, and at the moment he is in critical condition. As he is currently unconscious we cannot have him communicate via email or otherwise, and I shall speak on behalf of him. Feel free to refer to him as David if you wish.

I am afraid that David will not be able to make payment in the near future. It will require at least 2-3 weeks for any recovery to be possible. Also, due to this incident, a substantial sum has been devoted to David's treatment. For this reason we have very little to spare. May I request that this deal be put on hold until David is well, please be understanding of the situation. I speak on behalf of David.

Signed,

I. P. Freely

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 2:01:21 AM
Subject: RE: CHICKEN

Dear I.P,

(15 spaces.) Regarding your mail we very sorry what happen to Mr Darren Burley. Hope everything is fine now please help me to tell Mr Darren about the expira date or you can help him to pay the funds when he recover i dont want Mr Darren to lost this funds please at fast.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

In an attempt to extend the expiry date of the deal, I told Danile that Darren is in a dire situation.

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 12:03:21 PM

Mr. Blunt,

I cannot tell you more bluntly but David is in critical. He's on oxygen 24 hours a day. Due to the strict rules at the Intensive Care Unit no visitors are permitted in the area where David is resting. He is unconscious from the tragedy.

Doctors told us he suffered fractured and shattered bones as well as a third-degree burn over half his body. Police told us a petrol truck (2,000 liters, full load) overturned and caught fire while a car hit it at 145 km/h or 90 mph. Both drivers were drunk and were killed on scene. David was set alight in the petrol blaze from the explosions. You could probably hear the blasts in the background.

I hope you understand. The aftermath of the incident is, simply put, terrible. If you would please, put the deal on hold for the next 7 days while we get this tragic situation sorted. Doctors said it's a miracle that he has lived after such an incident; statistics estimate a survival rate of 1 in 240 million. David is healing quickly but will probably need 7-10 days to rest up.

Signed,

I. P. Freely

Two days later, he sends this email. When will he understand that an unconscious man can’t make payments?

Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:02:32 PM

Dear Darren,

(24 spaces.) How is everything? hope all is well. well we are still expecting the payment details from you.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

I give him a heads-up to talk to I. P. Freely. Meanwhile, I use I. P. to bait him in terms of payment.

Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:02:11 PM

Danile J. Blunt,

I am I. P. Freely, responding on behalf of Darren (or David, as we call him). In terms of payment details, what information should I send to you? I can send you personal information and credit card information on your request.

Signed,

I. P. Freely

Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:21:32 AM

ATTN: I.P.

(15 spaces.) Payment should be made throught western union money transfer (surprise, surprise!) i want you to help jom (him?) to to make the payment alright payment details below:

Receiver name: idehen obabueki bleek (Account Officer)
Address: 432 Stedium Road, benin city, edo state, Nigeria.
Question: Relationship
Answer: Friend
Amount: $250 Dollar.

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

I decide to play dumb to annoy him and also to delay the payment process.

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 12:04:43 AM

Hello,

I have to apologize for my utter ignorance, but what is a western union money transfer? Please explain it to me in as much detail as possible. To ensure I don't make mistakes to delay this important deal, be very specific when you do that. That other trip to the western union office (when David was involved in the car crash scene) was confusing because the officer in charge was asking me questions and using terms I can't comprehend.
Signed,

I. P. Freely

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 12:26:44 PM

Attn: I.P.

All you need to do right now to get your check delivered to your door step is to go ahead and pay the security keeping fee of the courier company so far. The fee is $250.00 US Dollars only, you are to come up with this fee as to process the delivery of your package.

Payment should be made via Western Union Money Transfer payment details are listed below.

WESTERN UNION PICK UP LOCATION INFORMATION FOR THE PAYMENT USE THIS INFORMATION TO MAKE THE PAYMENT

You have to send down the MTCN and your complete postal address. Reconfirm your full name, address, country and most important your phone number.Get back to me with your payment details, Note that your tracking number would be provided to you as soon as the payment has been made and confirmed by us. Your check will be delivered within 1-2 days upon confirmation of dispatch.

NOTE: YOUR URGENT RESPONSE TO THIS MAIL WILL BE IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR CLAIMS...

We are glad to be of service to you and Happy Celebrations from fedex Delivery Express Service.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Daniel J. Blunt
Dispatch Director.

I continue playing dumb.

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 7:33:16 PM

You haven't answered some of my questions. For instance, what's Western Union? In terms of the MTCN you speak of, what does it stand for and what is it about? Explain to me in detail if you wish to avoid problems in the deal.

Reply as soon as possible. Signed, I. P. Freely.

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 8:31:13 PM

Dear Customer,

(22 spaces.) Regarding your mail. MTCN NUMBER stand for money transfer control number you have to send the number to us to know you are real make the payment or not okey just go to any western union outlet give then the payment details to make the payment payment details below:

WESTERN UNION PICK UP LOCATION

Regards,

Danile J. Blunt

That's the bait as of now. I'm still thinking of what I could do next. If anyone has any good ideas for me, or has constructive criticism, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your lad needs to fill out some paperwork before Western Union will send money to him.

National Security forms, Anti-terrorist forms, etc.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic