SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How to spend a (lazy) day at the office:

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Take the stairs in the morning (usual daily exercise, you know ...)
Walk around the corner ... and go Shocked

I thought I was on my way to work (for an easy and uninterupted day of telephone calls and funny chitchat with the guys I work with) only to find that some low life misserable little *%^%^$^^$ had broken into the office building ... AND they had visited the floor where I work too ...
First tell tale sign would be the door to one of the offices being open when I know for sure that I had closed it behind me the evening before when I left for home. We don't have any computers standing there except for an old MAC and a lousy telephone.

There was nothing missing, so I figured I must still be sleeping a bit ... but when I went along and opened up the office space where we work, I noticed the light on in one of the other abandoned offices down the hallway.
That sparked my attention and interest, so I walked over there, to find the door open and light on, and a broken window just around the corner.

That sure woke me up Confused (if that hadn't happen already) and I went to call the police about this burglary. My boss, who walked in as I was on the phone with the cops, could not find anything missing either so the cops who showed up (about 45 minutes later) could not do anything but make up a report and tell us that they would look into it.

Later that day I had to dump some garbage bags in the dumpster outside and I noticed that the ground-level door of the fire escape had been destroyed so the burglars must have entered the building there.

The thing is, my company is located in one of them larger buildings with several different companies in it (don't really know the English word for it, but it's no shopping mall, that's for certain). And I cannot think of any good reason for a burglar to go in there and try to steal anything.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may have been homeless people just looking for a place to sleep for the night (and maybe burgle if anything looked good).

I'm glad nothing was taken!!

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

margory wrote:
The thing is, my company is located in one of them larger buildings with several different companies in it (don't really know the English word for it, but it's no shopping mall, that's for certain). And I cannot think of any good reason for a burglar to go in there and try to steal anything.

In the US we would call this an "Office Building" (i.e. it just has companies in it, not retail stores).

My guess is either it was someone looking for a quick score and when your company did not pan out they ran or they were not in there very long and something startled them into leaving.
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

margory wrote:
The thing is, my company is located in one of them larger buildings with several different companies in it (don't really know the English word for it, but it's no shopping mall, that's for certain).

We would say "office block"

Quote:
And I cannot think of any good reason for a burglar to go in there and try to steal anything.

But they wouldn't know there was nothing worth stealing until they got inside...

get your baiting forms here
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ thanks for the 'word' help guys. That's one of the perks of NOT having English as your native language.

Anyway ... at least we had something to talk about in the office and at home. Smile

My parents were not so amused by the fact that my boss said absolutely nothing about me calling the police and handling this entire matter.
I did try telling them that my boss is not the kind of person who gives compliments that easily ... but they were still not amused.
My dad said that he would have complimented his staff on staying calm and calling the police about a burglary.
Smile

M.

PS Life is going on as usual. I'm sure that there will be a report on this in the local newspaper, since the police is always providing them with a list of things that happened in our town over the past week.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic