SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Loan Bait (first attempt)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
freaknintendo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is my first attempt at scambaiting, so if you see possible places for improvement please let me know.

I acquired the scammer’s email from somewhere in the forum. He is Dr Deco Hark, pretending to be one who gives loans. I pose as Darren S. Burley using a Y! Mail account created just for this purpose. I apologize for the non-colorcoded emails. I had the color codes before but for some reason it just takes too long to reformat everything. Sometimes I make comments in the scammer's email, usually the ones in parentheses.

Enjoy!

Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:09:58 PM
Subject: Loan Request

Dr. Hark,

I somehow found you on the internet, and it strikes me in a way because I learned that loans are your specialty and that it's exactly something I really need at the moment. If I want to start this up, what should I do and how does it work?

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:53:18 PM
Subject: DETAILS FOR THE LOAN
Hello Dear,

Very sorry for the late respond to you mail. We went for an official meeting in United State Of America where will were not allow to operate with the internet. I got your mail. We will release the opportunity of doing business with you and also help to put your financial problems behind you by offering you the loan as you have ask for.

Before we commence on the loan repayment terms and condition(Transfer), we will need you to fill and submit back to us the below form which will qualify you for this loan you are requesting from us.

Your Urgent respond to our mail will determine the seriousness you are having in this loan request. We do work with serious minded customers who are real in need of loan and not time wasters.

BORROWER'S INFORMATION

Your names ................................
Your country................................
City/State........................................
Zip code...................................
Your address ..............................
Your occupation .........................
Age.............................................
Alternaltive E-mail Address.........
Your marital status ......................
Current Status at place of work.........
Work phone number.......................
Home Phone number......................
Fax Number:....................................
Have you applied for loan before.........
Loan Duration........................
Loan Amount.........................

We do need this to start with the processing of the loan before it can be send to you.

Thanks and do hope to hear from you soonest so that we may send you the loan Terms,Conditions and Repayment Schedule

Warm Regards,
Dr Deco Hark

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:55:50 AM
Subject: Re: DETAILS FOR THE LOAN

Hello,

It came to my surprise that this e-mail has finally arrived; I thought you'd given up on me so soon. As I am really in need of such a loan, communication must be more prompt. I do understand your case, but due to the nature of my need of this loan if I do not receive prompt replies I will have to search for a loan elsewhere. I hope you understand.

In case you would like to understand my urgent need for this loan, I shall give you some information about myself. I was going home one night when 3 or 4 men blocked me. They instantly tackled me to the ground, robbed me, and beat me. I woke up in hospital. It took me two days to fully recover but I was interrogated every time I was awake. I was finally told that these cunning little creatures framed me of harassing them. I was in prison for 3 years, but I'm still outraged by the thought of this agonizing experience. I have a criminal record for nothing, and there's no job that accepts me for some time. I had to endure a lot of pain and misery, all because of these underhand, mean critters. I had to lower my dignity and panhandle for the last few months. The government does not help me. I tried all sorts of things to help myself but all were to no avail. However, I recently found a place to stay and a job. The place is serviceable, but it's a junkyard; the job is dirt cheap. Life is hard, you know, if I could live I'd do anything. It struck me when I realized when I am soon becoming broke. The owner says that unless I can make payment soon then I'm out. I've pleaded for some time, and I've got 5 overdue payments to make. If I don't get a loan soon, I'll be forced to live on the streets again. Who knows, I might just get robbed again.

The above story may seem radical and unreasonable to some, but to me it is the most horrible and tragic experience I have ever had, and will remember until the day of my death. Believe me, it really happened.

Regarding the information you required, I have attached it in a document enclosed in this e-mail. Please find attached for your reference. I am sorry that I did not provide any telephone numbers because my hearing became extremely damaged from the severe beating I endured 3 years ago. I don't have a fax due to my conditions at present, and I can only give you my temporary address if it's alright.

I take this loan very seriously, you can rest assured that I do. Likewise, I shall expect the same from you as this is very serious and I have absolutely zero tolerance for any jokes in this transaction. Do rest assured that I will be able to pay back the loan, though I'm afraid it may take a little time.

I await your reply. Please do respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Darren S. Burley

I attach a DLL file (9.3 megabytes) from my Windows folder and renamed it “Borrower’s Information.doc”.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:02:01 AM

Hello,

I got your mail and it's content was well understood. I want you to know the fact that i am unable to view the filled loan application details (Of course you can’t read it. It’s a DLL file!). As regards, i want you to refill the information and send it back to me for immediate arrangement of the loan.

BORROWER'S INFORMATION

Your names ................................
Your country................................
City/State........................................
Zip code...................................
Your address ..............................
Your occupation .........................
Age.............................................
Alternaltive E-mail Address.........
Your marital status ......................
Current Status at place of work.........
Work phone number.......................
Home Phone number......................
Fax Number:....................................
Have you applied for loan before.........
Loan Duration........................
Loan Amount.........................

Hope to hear from you soonest.

Regards

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:28:14 PM

Hello,

After an initial check of the document I sent, I realized that it was corrupt when I re-opened it. Sorry for the trouble.

This time, I have rewritten the application from start to finish. When I finished it I double-checked it, scanned it, and had it verified. It should be alright this time. Please do ensure your computer can read Microsoft Word files, though due to my situation the best version of word-processing I have is the MS Word from a Windows 98 system. Please bear with me as I have a limited choice on this.

Rest assured that this file I am resending should be completely readable. This file was verified carefully several times and there should be no problems at all.

Sincerely,

Darren S. Burley

Of course, I was bluffing. I’m using the good ol’ Windows XP! I resend a different DLL with a filesize of eight megabytes.

Later on during the day he sends me a hi5 invitation. I ignore it. I recheck the times they were sent and the hi5 came in at 1:28 PM, too. He sends me another hi5 on August 7th but I ignore that, too. I’m a little lazy and I just don’t bother.

He doesn’t seem to be replying for a few days so I fire off an email telling him I’m getting sick, and if he doesn’t respond to me I’ll add some lewd things to the mix. The following email used to be entirely lowercase when it was sent but for your convenience I edited it so it’s in proper format for you to read.

Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 10:25:56 PM

Hello Mr. Deco Hark,

Excuse my typing as I just had a pretty bad sickness. It’s been a few days since, I wonder if you have forgotten about me already? You might be wondering how I’ve been. Well, it is pretty good despite my illness because I got an anonymous call just some days ago. Thought it was some weirdo but it turns out to be my daughter. She happened to be in the city and we met up. It’s just her and me. Well, I am still desperate for the loan but since you are ignoring me for some reason I cannot comprehend I had to rob and steal but I had to stop before the police get too suspicious. I am in grave extreme need for the loan. Why are you dragging it so long? I guess that if you are unwilling to help I can blame myself for trust. Tell me that you are not going to help if it is so, I will proceed to ask my daughter to make some money for grave and dire need. She knows about what I’m at and she'll do anything she said. At 14 years old and very pretty, there are many men in this place who'll pay for her to, you know, pay money to have sex with her. I am getting tired now, I’ll give you 3 days to respond with a satisfactory answer. Else I will automatically call a close to this nonsense and fire up some prostitution.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

I fire off another email. Man, this guy is slow!

Sent: Saturday, August 9, 2008 4:13:35 AM

Dr Deco Hark,

How much longer am I going to have to wait? Please give me a response asap.

Signed,

Darren S. Burley

I’m really getting tired of his promptness. I eventually send a third one.

Sent: Saturday, August 9, 2008 10:46:45 PM

Dr. Deco Hark,

Do give me a response asap. I am running out of patience and am depending on you for now.

Desperately signed,

Darren S. Burley

I then inform him that my patience will expire in 2 days. Two days go by, and not another reply. I guess that’s all there is to it. Could this be the end? I hope not. Let’s bring a second character on stage. I made an account for 14-year-old Janice Q. Burley. Let’s see how he reacts.

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:32:20 PM
Subject: Loan Needed

Hello Dr. Hark,

It may come to such a surprise as to why this message of mine has appeared in your inbox. I am sorry for this sudden email, but I am in need of a loan.

About the loan, please bear with me as I explain my need of the loan, which is the reason I'm writing this in the first place. Well, my name is Janice and I'm 14 years old. My parents were divorced. I live with daddy because my parents argued and fought with each other until my mom recently became abusive towards me. At the same time I moved in I learned that my dad lost a lot of money due to a financial breakdown. As a result he was forced to work a low-end job to live in an unkempt shack, and I dropped out of school. To ease the problem I had to take up prostitution to pay the bills, but over time I had to do it more often. One day I returned from work when I saw the scene. Out of the traumatic, bloody mess I was horrified as I realized one brutal fact before me: dad shot himself. Proof of this is in attachment. I cried for three days, and accumulated the money from pawning and work for his burial.

As a teenager (14) I am physically able to do so much. I lived in the shack until I became so tired from work I fell asleep with a cigarette. When I awoke I saw the face of a firefighter who carried me out of the blaze. Since the shack was totally destroyed I had to live on the streets. As I use my prostitution money to send this message I want to request a loan from you for getting myself back on my feet again. On the verge of tears I have to say that I obviously have little money for any advance fees required, but I can extend my work hours in attempt to fulfill so if needed.

I hope you understand. As I am in need of this loan, please reply soon.

From,

Janice Q. Burley

I found a scene in a movie where some guy shot himself. I attached it for the scammer. Due to the nature of the picture I am not going to upload it here.

It’s been a few days, and silence. I don’t receive any emails from him, and I presume he didn’t get it. So, I decide to resend it for him. I can’t seem to find the scene (photograph) but it’s not due to a virus. I probably deleted it because it takes up space.

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 10:39:06 AM
Subject: Loan Needed

Hello Dr. Hark,

I recall sending you an email about a week ago, what's with the silence? Please respond soon, I'm in need of your help.

In case you lost the previous email, here it is below. A virus corrupted my computer and I regret to inform that I lost the only copy of the photograph I have.

Signed,

Janice Q. Burley

I had the original letter with the above. It was exactly the same, minus the photograph. To save space I won’t post it a second time.

Several days go by, and silence remains. I guess that's the end of it. Thanks for reading. Any constructive advice or experiences would be appreciated.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi freak (I hope you don't mind me calling you that!)

Welcome to Eaterland(Published Bait Dept)

Dr Deco Hark is a complete and utter scumbag of the first order and specializes in loans and love scams. I loathe him with a passion.

If you haven't done so already, read my recent published bait here to see exactly how low he will sink to....

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144648&highlight=deco+hark

I think your modality may have been a bit to similar to mine maybe and scared him off? Anyway, if he's ditched you, I suggest you just try a new character and a new approach, as he deserves everything he gets. Maybe an old lady who desperately needs a twin hip replacement, or a widow who needs a loan to pay for her recently departed husband's funeral. Then see how sympathetic he is.

Which reminds me, I must reacquaint myself with this lowlife.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic