SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Deceleration Syndrome...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Imp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

... and road rash!

So, I'm riding my mountain bike to work this morning, just like I do every day that I can. That is, every day there's no snow on the ground! They have torn up one good stretch of road along my commute, but I refuse to be diverted from my path, and hey, I do ride an "all terrain" vehicle.

The left side of the road is having new piping buried, and is currently a mix between a ditch and a dirt road in places, the right side is untouched pavement, and usually clear to ride on. At my favorite little downhill stretch, I see a big bucket loader at the bottom of the hill coming my way. I hop down into the dirt on the left and pick up speed. At the bottom I see (too late) that there is a pile of sandy fill waiting to be spread around.

"Oh f*ck..."

I lean back and try to "float" the bike over the sand.

The bike has other ideas, and stops dead.

Bail, fly, bounce, skid, stop.

At one point I felt like a 'tard sliding into home base ass first.

"ouch"

I stand up to a round of applause as the construction workers have just had their entertainment for the day.

At least neither the bike or myself are broken, and I get to work without further incident.

And I get a new dumbass biking trophy, road rash:

The Imp
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch, done that too, got the scars and the bits of pebble still coming out

You should have passed your helmet around for donations Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh that looks nippy

Interesting tattoo

edit for missing t

Last edited by Nanny Ogg on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh thank God for that! I saw the phrase

Quote:
At one point I felt like a 'tard sliding into home base ass first.

caught a glimpse of the top part of that picture and thought I was going to see something else Shocked

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Owieeeeee! Crying or Very sad

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
'Tis but a scratch. A mere flesh wound.
Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a similar incident when I was around 13. My friend stopped in front of me, and I hit his rear tire. Bike stopped. I didn't.

Back then we didn't wear helmets. My face did a fine job of slowing me down, as did my shoulder.

Mom spent about 2 hours with tweezers and hydrogen peroxide getting blacktop and pebbles out of my face and shoulder. Luckily I didn't get any scars.

Glad you are ok. Road rash sucks.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a terrible nag when it comes to wearing helmets.
Justified I might add,
I saw a schoolmate of my kids fall from his bike, he died of head injuries several days later.
The Imp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not that I have that much up there to protect anymore, but my helmet is always firmly in place. And I think the Camelbak is as good as armor when it comes to crashing bikes. It's kept my back from serious impact injuries more than a few times.

Now where did I hide the peroxide...
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's gotta sting. Shocked

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch. Glad you weren't more seriously injured.

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What stings even more, according to a friend of mine, is how they debride (get the pebbles out of road rash) in the ER. They use a wire-bristled brush. He had his helmet on, but was dazed, so they said they couldn't use novocain or any other anasthetic.

I got a little road rash on my cheek the first time I tried to walk across a parking lot with a prosthesis and two crutches. One reason I don't walk anymore: my vision is so bad I couldn't see the change in level of the asphalt.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Read the title as 'Declaration Syndrome' thought you'd either proposed or were giving a crash course on American history...
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had tarmac in my knee after binning a motorbike, when I was a teen.

A friend's milf (mum), wearing leather boots, put a foot under my armpit to undislocate my shoulder, then washed my knee in salt water. I still have a big scar there.

Years later I fell off a scooter on a Greek island, and had a little old lady do the same thing, but this time it was from my wrist to my ankle. I was wearing full safety equipment, shorts, a vest and trainers. Rolling Eyes

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel your pain. I like to wear sacrificial items. My last crash into a fence resulted in my helmet cracking and my losing one of those green fluorescent windbreakers branded by my bike maker. The jacket allowed me to slide really well without my getting a road rash.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
What stings even more, according to a friend of mine, is how they debride (get the pebbles out of road rash) in the ER. They use a wire-bristled brush.

I've had that done after a fall from a motorbike. The nurse said I could have the slow not-so-painful tweezers or the quick lot-more-painful brush, and in the five seconds I was thinking about it, she just attacked my arm with the brush. It looked exactly like a domestic scrubbing brush. Hurt like hell, too, but it was over very fast. Smile As an aside, I'd dithered about buying a cheaper half-face helmet or a more expensive full-face one. When I saw the huge groove in the chin on my full-face lid, I knew I'd made the right choice. Smile

Helmets for any kind of biking are utterly essential, and please, get the best you can. Your skull and face will thank you. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That must hurt terribly. Shocked

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a few 'undesired, high-speed dismounts' myself. Gotta thank the good old brain bucket for being able to walk away from one of my more serious crashes.

The way I see it, any crash that results in only a bit of road rash(or less of course) is a good crash. Glad you weren't hurt any worse. Although, you could have used that excuse(you crashed) to get out of work and keep riding instead... Wink

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic