SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ship it Cheap? (Not ParcelDirect)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my best friends is temporarily leaving Chicago and headed over to Manchester for a year for grad school. She can't afford to come back stateside even for Christmas, so I'm already planning on sending her a care package with all kinds of random fun things in it (amid outlandishly touristy things reminding her of Chicago) but I need a way to ship it!

I'd like this to be a decent sized box, but not HUGE. Let's say 18x10x8.5 (inches). That's the size of a box I currently have, and it looks pretty good.

I'd rather not pay the $100 or so the FedEx or DHL appear to be quoting me. What is the dirt cheapest way to get something from Chicago to Manchester?

Someone suggested "ocean freight" to me, but I can't really find much information on that that doesn't have a minimum of 45kg. It sounds good in theory though.

I don't mind this package taking 2 months to ship either! Speed is not important, $$ is.

Suggestions most welcome.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was selling things on Ebay, I shipped several packages from the
US to Europe via the US Postal Service and they always got there Ok.

Check out:
http://www.usps.com/international/sendpackages.htm

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money

Last edited by CowboyBuck on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nor rain or

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The dirt cheapest way to get something there is to find someone trustworthy (friend? family? work colleague?) who is traveling from chicago to the UK, who is willing to carry it as luggage. USPS is fine (cheaper than FedX or dhl) but still rather pricey (you can sometimes improve USPS costs by choosing parcels of certain dimensions, though i've been away too long to know the details any longer).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm already planning on sending her a care package

Just make sure you include an umbrella - it hasn't stopped raining since June. Sad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am constantly sending care packages by priority mail and have the modality down pat. I have flat rate packages delivered by the USPS twenty at a time. The boxes and the delivery for the boxes are free. There are three sizes. There is a flat box, a regular box with the same interior volume and a "large" box with about the same dimensions as you require. 12'' x 12'' x 5-1/2''. They are flat rate boxes so I get as much as I possibly can into each box. Where else can you get up to 70 pounds sent across the country in three days door to door with tracking in their box for $9.30? There are slightly more rules on international, such as max weights and having to have a customs declaration. I prepay online and as a result, the postman picks up and I am supplied tracking info and get a discount. So I never even have to step into a post office.
My last international cost under fifty but would have cost almost a hundred if it were not flat rate. The limit is 20 pounds and I got 19.5 pounds into it.

There is also a special box for service men and women. It can only be sent to a FPO or APO but is a great deal that I use all the time.

Edit- If price is extremely important to you, you can send it by sea mail and send it today. Just take your brown paper wrapped package with the contents to the PO and fill out your customs declaration. I once tried to send a package to myself so that I would not have to carry too much stuff on an airplane. It took 90 days due to 9/11 inspection of all packages from the US and I was back home before it arrived.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate

Last edited by Connie L. Gus on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Connie!

I read somewhere about the USPS providing free boxes and tested it because I didn't quite believe it. I think I have 25 "large boxes" being delivered to me sometime this week for free now Shocked

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This flat rate box is a great deal. My boss had a son-in-law stationed in Germany and used it to send stuff to them all the time. I think he sent to the APO/FPO box though.

I would look at this for international it has to be pretty cheap compared to FedEx. I think PD would be cheaper though Wink

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The APO/FPO address gets a two dollar discount and requires a qualified zip code destination but will get a "large" flat rate box to a soldier, marine or sailor anywhere in the world for $11. Something to consider for Christmas.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
If price is extremely important to you, you can send it by sea mail and send it today....

I believe sea mail services have been discontinued, at least by the USPS.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Makes sense to me. I would never use it again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic