SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MUSIC: What Were We Smoking???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year my 14 year old son came home with a really cool new song on his MP3 player he jst had to share with me.

ACDC-Highway to Hell. I was flattered he likes the same music i've been istening to for years. He was surprised the song wasn't new. These days when he hears oldies on the radio he always asks me how old I was when that was a hit. Don't know if I should be insulted or happy that I can recall exactly what year and even the month when these songs hits were. Sorry, I'm young, my memories stat in the last 70s early 80s. Punk, hard rock and no country!

I leave out the parts of the memories that we were driving around drinking rye and coke in our cars cause we were too young to get into the only bar in town. Those were the days, no cares, no worries, no debt, no idea!

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aaah the 1970s were men were women and the women wore hotpants, tartan edged denim jeans and when I hated Woody from the BCR with a passion.

Concerts seen in no particular order...David Bowie. supposed to be at Leeds Uni. My dad drive drove me and my mate all the way there only to find the concert was canceled. Saw him later at Bridlington Spa. Elton John, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Joe Walsh, Rufus and Stackridge all on the same day at Wembley Sadium. The tickets cost the princely sum of £3.50($7). The Stranglers, The Strawbs, Robbie Williams at the Docklands Arena (won free tickets), 10cc, Supertramp, Brian Ferry, Dr Feelgood, Budgie and <holds hands in shame> Shakin' Stevens. Shocked Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Bleeding little toff you are and all Reaper, Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We were evicted from our septic tank.

I went to Wembley Stadium once and saw, in a day, The Who, AC/DC, The Stranglers and various others. The Who had the first laser I ever saw, I was wondering if it was cutting the heads off the people in the grandstands.

I also remember bits of concerts from Floyd, Rainbow, the Stones (at Wembley again) Zappa, Dylan, Clapton, Bowie, The Faces, Thin Lizzie.

I saw Led Zep at Knebworth, but could barely remember it the next day, never mind now.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1979 I was at Loch Lomond Festival, the bands I remember were Boomtown rats, Average White Band, Fairport Convention, Buzzcocks.
Drove home straight after as one lass with us had exams the next day ( and I nag my kids to study and get a good nights sleep ! )

Later that year I was at ingleston it was an interesting mix of bands, Cheiftans, Van Morrison, Talking Heads, Squeeze, The Undertones so there were punky types mixing with folksy.
( No exams after just as well as I couldnt find the wee mini in the car park )

@ Supergirl, my son does that too.
Then he went even futher back
Found him downloading Beethoven which he described as death metal without the guitars!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Supertramp - The Logical Song Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAasek8NR4

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money.. Not a personal favourite but with the right line and timed properly (read: last orders), worked wonders

Wink

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
wanamaker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We were in Argentina 6 months befor the Faukland war.
Freddy was one of the best showmen I ever saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TurWrr3HC_8&feature=related
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never forget my first concert. Alice Cooper. At college we got lots of one hit bands for weekend cabarets. Saw tons of good bands that later made it big, others didn't but still fantastic music. Paid $ 7 CND for tickets. Best one ever was Jeff Healy Band. For those who don't knw him he's an amazing blind guitarist and lead singer. Plays the guitar on his lap infront of him. Then they compared him to Hendrix. There was no jumping around on the stage or smashing of instuments, just excellent music.

Ah, those were the days. Now I'm stuck with polkas, walzers and yodeling. Do get the odd big name band but as Austria doesn't have a big population so they don't come here. I think they think they wouldn't sell the tickets.

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember this one?
Judy in Disguise (with glasses) by John Fred & the Playboy Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0HxpFhRhv8

This video has shots of other band's album covers, which also send shockwaves through my body. Oh, wow, I remember them. Am I really that old? Shocked

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw Alvin Stardust in my local pub having a drink a few years ago. Just to ruin my street cred even further! Very nice and unassuming man he was. He was in pantomime at the time. Oh no he wasn't. Oh yes he was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ6dkyVw5YI[

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wanamaker wrote:
We were in Argentina 6 months befor the Faukland war.
Freddy was one of the best showmen I ever saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TurWrr3HC_8&feature=related

I have never seen Queen live Sad .

I would pay a lot to see one of their shows

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Around Weatherfield, we've recently got a new rock station on FM, like the ones I enjoyed in Canada.

This morning they played an 11 minute version of 'Heard it through the grapevine' by Credence Clearwater Revival. It so rocked i went straight on eBay and bought 'Cosmo's Factory'.

This is a mere 7 minute preview, it turns into an almighty jam at the end. its quite ordinary for about the first 3 minutes or so, then it really gets in a bluesy groove. By the end they just give up on the song and jam away.

LINK

Reading the comments on Youtube, they definitely need mods!

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
wanamaker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw Aerosmith win a "battle of the bands" at my high school.
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the Rainmakers many years ago, when they were known as "Steve, Bob and Rich." Still my favorite band. They never really made it big in the States, but they were pretty popular in parts of Europe.

Back in 1978 we had a High School wrestling match in Topeka, and after the match we went out to our bus and the place was going ape-poop crazy. Turns out that a few of the folks in the band "Kansas" had graduated from Topeka High School (I think it was Topeka High), and Kansas agreed to play at their Homecoming. It was Homecoming, and there were cops everywhere trying to keep non-students out. This was not long after "Point of Know Return" came out, and the band was huge.

My wife saw Alice Cooper in college. This doesn't sound like much unless you know my wife. She still comments about how he molested a doll onstage.

I think the best concert I ever saw was "The Band" and "Crosby, Stills and Nash." Good stuff.

I've seen James Taylor a number of times, and when he dies I want his vocal cords inplanted into my throat.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hubby has no time for anything after Hendrix.

Quote " it's a' like a coo fartin' o'er a dyke "

(Translation a bovine with flatulence over a wall )
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember very little about my first concert. I was in college and the marijuana was being passed down the rows like a collection plate in church. I remember that we applauded the warm up group better then the headliner group. Geez, I wish I could remember who they were.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
Hubby has no time for anything after Hendrix.

Quote " it's a' like a coo fartin' o'er a dyke "

(Translation a bovine with flatulence over a wall )

damn now I have that visual in my head. going to poke out my minds eye with a fork

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hubby is now a happy bunny.
Elder son has downloaded Curved Air for him and he even got it onto his mp3 player.

We saw Bob Dylan when he toured the UK
1st time in Birmingham in what seemed like a big hanger and then on a different tour, Newcastle footy ground.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tommo after he aged and met A beautiful woman:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2141191469245837952

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Was he smoking???? Wink

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^You are just jealous because I've got me own 747 and a great big hanger to park it in. Laughing

You've just been Choo'd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ6dkyVw5YI

Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

remember (sort of) seeing the UK Subs, Gang of Four, the Police, Adam and the Ants ( ...hmm....), the Mob, Dead Kennedys....
If only my colleagues at work could see the outfit I used to wear....

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@tommo, Laughing Laughing Laughing

How about this one? Cool

Quote:
I bet there are a lot of Bob Dylan fans at C&L, and probably a few Bette Midler fans as well. But how many have heard the two of them together. Have you heard this duet they did of Bob’s classic “Buckets of Rain?” It was first released– the original, I mean– in 1975 on Blood on the Tracks and the following year they recorded this duet for Bette’s Songs For the New Depression. He only performed the song live once after that, in Detroit in 1990. It sounds like he and Bette totally mangled the lyrics on this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKRgC15gDoY&feature=related

Luv it!

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Bette certainly has a fine pair of lungs on her.

Bob Dylan is still pissed because Paul Simon made Widnes railway station famous and he had to settle for the back of the Savoy Hotel in London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgi2DkDbPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzFug_ttkY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic