SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Even bigger 160 Ton, £3M Toy!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using the exact same plans that the original engines were made from, this Peppercorn A1 class Pacific steam locomotive, named 'Tornado', has been under construction since 1990. All the originals were scrapped.

Unlike other steam locos, this is no rebuild, it is all brand new, at a cost of over 3 Million Pounds, and will be certified to pull trains at 90mph.

It made its first public move under its own power today.

YOUTUBE

WEBSITE

BBC Story

I hope to see Tornado soon, either while it is running in on the Great Central railway, or when it starts running on the main line.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nice Roy, ty

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw that on the BBC News 24. I assume that that isn't the finished livery?

Nice to see that it was all British built, apart from the boiler which they commissioned from Germany, using all private donations.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I assume that that isn't the finished livery?

Its grey primer. Most new locos were lined and numbered in grey for thier official 'mugshot' outside the works, before painting in their 'working' livery.

I talked to a guy from the A1 trust when I was at the NRM, York the other week. As the original was built in 1948, over time she will carry all the possible BR liveries, carried by the other members of the class, but she will start out in an early BR version of LNER Apple Green, like the drawing on their webpage.

The first fire, when they steam tested the boiler, was lit by the designer's widow, BTW, a nice touch.

It will cost another £66,000 just to get it certified for the mainline. I may stick my hand in my pocket, they also owe £800K. Unless its all an elaborate scam...

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BBC Look North Report today, with better pictures:
LINK

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not into trains, but this is a great story, and you have to admire the dedication and effort of all those who've worked to make it happen. Thanks, Roy. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic