SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any one know Hay-on-wye or Canterbury?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Which should we go for?

Hay on wye and the books
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Canterbury and the cathedral
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Somewhere else completely
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Don't waste your money on a holiday, buy 'X' instead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's my spawning day in September, and I was thinking about my partner and I booking a week somewhere to get away from our (lovely, honest) housemates. We seem to have picked either Hay or Canterbury, but are not sure which we would prefer and which we could afford.

We can get to Hay a little easier, but Cant has more history and things to see.

Hay on the other hand has the more books and is not as busy.

We are asking for advice/opinions as to which we should go for (we can always do the other later in the year for some other occasion). Anyone knows of anywhere good to stay or anything that might tip the balance.

We're two students so looking for a week at less than £80 per night (6 nights probably).
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ariyeo wrote:
It's my spawning day in September ...

What a cool thing to celebrate!

And what will you be doing for your birthday in June, nine months after September? Wink
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, should have written 'Hatching day' there shouldn't I...
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to Hay on Wye last summer for a night, we stayed at a B&B by the river and it was lovely.

Downsides: 1) The pubs actually shut at 11pm like in the olden days
2) When we went, the farmers had sprayed kak over the fields by the river, and the place stank.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My firm sent us to Hay-on-Wye on a team building exercise, was not allowed to see much of the place, the RAF jets fly up the valley at low level, the locals are use to it.

My parents visited Canterbury and in their words "its a tourist trap".
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hay is lovely, I live fairly close and go for the bookshops of which there are a multitude. Highly recommended.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We've visited Hay before and do really like books. Just wondering if it's worth the week.

I guess we could buy the books the first day and read them the rest of the holiday - hopeing the weather is ok...
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not split the week into two holidays? Saturday-Monday (long weekend) somewhere and then Tues-Sun somewhere else?

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was thinking about spending the first day or so visiting friends and family in the near area, but the main problem with co-ordinating anything is that we don't drive. I can't cause of my eyes, and my partner never learnt. That’s one if the reasons Hay was suggested in the first place – It’s not inconceivable on public transport.

I’d like to spend some time travelling about, and if the weathers nice, Hay has some lovely vistas; public transport is very slow and it takes most of a day to get somewhere.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out Glastonbury Ariyeo. There's lots to do and it's all in walking distance. The Tor, Abbey, Chalice Well. Music on most nights in the local pubs and clubs. And you have Bath and Wells (as in baby eating bishop Wink ) only a short bus hop away. You'll find lots of reasonable B & Bs in and around the area.

There's a National Express coach direct to Glastow but the times are not very convenient. The easiest way is to go to Bristol and get a bus back from there. The bus ride takes you through some lovely classic British countryside so is part of the holiday.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hay is very interesting, I'm not far from there. It's especially good if you like books. The castle is .. eccentric, the owner Richard Booth declared himself king of Hay a few years back and issued passports to the locals... mad as a hatter, and owns half the town. I met him a few years ago selling some books, his trousers were held up with string.

If you're in the area you can get to Hereford really easily and have a look around there. Hereford cathedral, loads more stuff there. Both are nice in summer.

Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think we might be set on Hay. Thanks for all the advice from every one.

We decided after I found Kayaking and my partner found a falconry course, at the same time, on different computers.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.hay-on-wye.co.uk/

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Hay Smile You might want to check out the Old Black Lion as they have some good midweek rates on their rooms (and the food + beer are great)

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic