SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Premium rate numbers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tartempion
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello All

This is a typical newbie question, probably been asked before: has anyone ever opened a premium rate number – and tried to get scammers to spend their money in order to call?

Cheers!
parrot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We want them to waste their money by any means possible. The more resources they waste then less they have to scam others with. So anything that works.......

"I got your email and you made me laugh, I guess you have slapped a lawyer before, if you slap me, I will jail you, WELL JUST JOKING, I guess I triggered your anger, by my ealier speech, I AM VERY SORRY, I was so stressed up in the court today"

"these documents are personal as they are alot of scams around and need certain of these informationd for their personal use."
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would you be able to do that safely? I'm reluctant to believe that the sign-up process for a premium number would be anonymous - surely the phone company would require a credit card or other id. Thus, you'd be using real life details, which I wouldn't risk, personally.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Premium rate UK numbers wont accept international call, it's to protect international innocent victims from UK scammers. Dont know about the rest of the world tho'

"You have thought me never to trust any man." Paul Williams
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to mention if you are running the premium rate phoneline you would be collecting profits from lads ringing which is basically a pseudo form of cash baiting which we do not encourage or allow on here.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

070 uk numbers are upto 50p/min and used for "follow me" type numbers (whilst looking like mobile numbers). No profit share, but probably your best bet and easy to set up (and hides your real mobile number!)
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We once had them paying good money to listen to David Hasslehof Shocked while on 'Hold', but I think the owner of the number asked us to stop.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nancelot wrote:
Would you be able to do that safely? I'm reluctant to believe that the sign-up process for a premium number would be anonymous - surely the phone company would require a credit card or other id. Thus, you'd be using real life details, which I wouldn't risk, personally.

You could use pre-pay Master card to set up the account, setting the card itself up with a false name and details
But then you do have the problem of you getting paid for the lads calling, which as 4X1X9 said is cashbaiting

...ofcourse, if there's already a premium rate number to suck their money from their mobile then, as far as I can see, you're playing scammer off scammer.
There's a lot of people in the UK receiving cards claiming to have tried to deliver a parcel from Royal Mail and asking them to call a premium rate number to reschedule delivery. I suppose you could get them to call that. If they can't call it, then its their problem not yours

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-scam.html
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
We once had them paying good money to listen to David Hasslehof Shocked while on 'Hold', but I think the owner of the number asked us to stop.

Wouldn't that count as involving an ITP?

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
lunar jim
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who, the Hoff?
Tartempion
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the idea is not to make money on them, just to hit back. Or may be donate the cash to a bona fide Nigerian charity...
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

While I'm sure you intentions are honourable cash baiting is a gray area in legal terms and you don't want to get yourself into a whole heap of trouble.

Plus when a lad realises you have been wasting his time he usually get mad and makes threats but isn't likely to go to the expense of tracking you down. If he loses a significant amount of cash his thirst for vengance will be greatly increased, if there is one thing a con artist cares about it is his money.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought Mr. Gomer was the Hoff, isn't he?
Tartempion
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
070 uk numbers are upto 50p/min and used for "follow me" type numbers (whilst looking like mobile numbers). No profit share, but probably your best bet and easy to set up (and hides your real mobile number!)

Now, that looks like a distinct possibility! Will have to ponder that. However, seems like a bit of a stunt for a newbie initially. May try the usual time wasting route for starter. Cheers!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic