SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

2 questions from a newbie

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nailgunner wrote:
robbed of some sort of tangible asset

Nailgunner wrote:
photographs, forms for fake churches, countless fake documents.

Anything you get sent is a tangible asset. The value may make a difference as to whether (a) anyone bothers to investigate and/or prosecute (b) anyone thinks you've been dishonest but it makes no difference to the legal principle. If you have obtained it by fraud, it matters not whether it's a banner worth £2 or an amazing carving you could flog on Ebay for 200 times that.

Nailgunner wrote:
no court in the world will ever convict you, if it ever went to court, which it won't.
Much more likely to be true, but even so, there are no guarantees. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Cowboyup
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it sometimes takes people awhile to get things done, didnt mean to sound impatient or anything, so far I think im doing ok (the guys already frustrated at me but still talking to me) so yeah one would be nice but when its convenient Very Happy
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what its worth, and it may or may not be the legal view.
My definition of fraud is the act of deception with the objective to make material gains.

We don't have the objective of making a profit from the unsuspecting.
Thats not what we do here...!!

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cowboyup wrote:
I know it sometimes takes people awhile to get things done, didnt mean to sound impatient or anything,

As I posted in this thread, until a mentor is assigned to you, please feel free to post your questions in the Scambaiting Help forum. You will receive help. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22

Last edited by sheboppe on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I nearly got scammed - twice. By love lads. These lowlifes prey on the loneliness and desperation of women purely for the purpose of taking money from them. Women - and men, too - who have been scammed of thousands of dollars by love lads liken it to being emotionally raped.

My motivation in baiting love lads is to keep them busy with me so they are scamming one less lonely woman. The messes these scammers get into - safaris, etc. - are purely due to their own greed and disregard for the feelings and property of others. They simply don't care that the woman is sending them her retirement savings, or that the man has taken a second mortgage on his house in order to bring the love of his life to be with him.

If the opportunity to send one of my lads on a safari opens up, I will send him with no remorse. Because I know his motivation in going is to get money for which he has told ridiculous lies and made promises he has absolutely no intention of keeping. He has no other motivation. He has no conscience. I have a conscience, but I also have a sense of fairness that tells me what I am doing to him is (1) legal and (2) only what he deserves and has brought upon himself.

My definition of "fraud" is taking from someone by devious means something to which they are entitled. What are these lads entitled to? Not my admiration, that's for sure. A little taste of what they put their victims through? Very possibly. Although I'm afraid it does nothing to make them into model citizens, it at least curtails their thieving ways for the time.

Sorry - I didn't mean to go on like this - I guess I'm more passionate about scammers than I realized. Embarassed

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wait a minute here.... did somebody say that what we do (misleading statements, not-quite-truths and blatant lying over the internet) is actually illegal? Shocked

Man am I in trouble! I'll deal with my scammers later, but just in case the FIB are in the room, allow me to clarify a few of the statements I've made here over the past few weeks.

- I'm not actually good looking.
- I don't really have a PHD in BS. There's no such thing.
- Two days ago, in the elevator, that was me.
- My nunchuku is actually made of paper mache.
- No, I didn't actually jam with Eddie Van Halen last week.
- I know exactly how fast I was going.
- I'm married. To a woman.
- I'm shamefully under-endowed.
- I've never actually been the sultan of Croatia.
- I did inhale.
- I was lying when I said "I wasn't looking at her butt".
- Heather Locklear has never actually been to my house.

That should cover me pretty good for now. Boy, confession really is good for the soul! You'd think that somebody here could have told me that cyber-BS was against the law before I started baiting. If anybody needs me I'll be burning my hard-drive and pouring bleach on my keyboard.

(yes, it was a joke)
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You forgot to add that you baited me too. I am so ashamed. Embarassed

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

juliette wrote:
Whether victims are part of the fraud is not an easy question.
It is in my book. Victims are always "part of the fraud". They're the ones being scammed. Their role is different sometimes. If somebody's new internet boyfriend needs BTA money to get out of Nigeria, they are often a love scam victim. But if a lad recruits somebody to cash fake checks for them, they are an (unknowing) accomplice.

juliette wrote:
if you would place (someone masked as) an elderly lady on an unsafe street specifically for the purpose of her attracting muggers so that you could whack them, it would be clearly illegal.
That sounds to me like a sting operation. There's nothing wrong with that.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting discussion.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but I've been doing this long enough to know that no one has ever been prosecuted for baiting a scammer.

First, the scammer isn't going to call up law enforcement and say, "Some joker was stringing me along while I was trying to con him out of five thousand dollars!" I have heard of them threatening victims with legal action for wanting to back out, but has anyone been arrested for baiting? No.

Second. Let's say that someone does get into legal trouble for this. Is a prosecutor going to take this to trial? The county's head district attorney would likely be voted out of office (we elect them in the U.S.).

Third......would a prosecutor be able to find a jury that's going to convict? I've heard of crazy things before but things are not that bad. Not yet, anyway.

I'm one of those who favors a discussion like this, if only for the sake of putting the issue to rest for the benefit of those who haven't been around very long.

Welcome to the Eater, juliette, and you too cowboy! Please stick around.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shewho must be obeyedboppe wrote:
You forgot to add that you baited me too.
That was not a bait! I have a well-known weakness for beautiful girls, and there was no deception involved when I said I wanted to get your name tattooed on my chest.

Even if lying (even lying to a criminal who makes his living by lying) over the internet is a crime, I still think we're pretty safe from the FIB for at least a few more weeks. If they ever start putting our baiting names on their most wanted list, we'll know they've already caught all the murderers, terrorists, rapists, child-predators, false advertisers, thieves, fugitives, bank robbers, drug dealers, pimps, rap artists, unlicenced hairdressers, doodle-dashers, shoplifters, arms dealers, fraud artists, spammers, and cigarette smugglers there are to catch. Something tells me there's a pretty long line ahead of us though.

For the record, when I discussed this very topic with 2 guys from the RCMP's Phonebusters unit, I wasn't arrested. Laughed at and told to be careful, but not arrested. And I'm pretty sure fraud is against the law in my country. Very Happy
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So far, I've successfully avoided these discussions, but:

juliette wrote:
But after a quick search it seems the same applies to US law: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Which states:
Quote:
A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury.

There's is nothing in my actions which intends anyone to act upon them to her or his legal injury. As matter of face, it is quite the opposite!! I am quite ready to redress any opposing parties arguments to the opposite!

...welcome, bait safe and have fun!

guy nawaaa for you oooh
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I should have listened - but I thought I knew better Sad

Quote:
WARNING: failure to produce the above requirement in the next 48 hours, legal action will be taken immediately by arresting and detaining you, justificated and if found guilty, you will be jailed. As terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering is a serious problem in our community today. The F.B.I will not stop at any length in tracking down and prosecuting any criminal who indulge in this criminal act. FORWARD THE DOCUMENT TO US VIA EMAIL ATTACHEMENT AS SOON AS YOU OBTAIN IT.

Jail ? - wel maybe I can take a hundred year stretch - but please don't let them justificate Shocked me.

"not stop at any length" - does that mean they're going to test my car's brakes too ? Geesh - they really are mean. They're going to give me a ticket too. Very Happy

They'll never take me alive. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the UK, the relevant offence is obtaining money by deception, which certainly covers all lad activities, and I would think cash baiting.
I'm curently baiting a hitlad. He's trying to extort $50 from what he thinks is a 10 year old girl.
Which wouldn't get him much sympathy if he complained to the local police about being baited.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Hahahahaa! Thumbs up

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
chugger
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

interesting discussion. Personally, i havent really thought much about whether baiting lads is, strictly speaking, legal or not. What I do know is that no court in my country (UK) would convict me of an offence for partaking in a hobby that deliberately sets out to stop vulnerable people from being robbed.

I dont think scambaiting would fall under the category of fraud, but the scammers we are baiting are certainly commiting an offence when they tell us that they have $45,000,000 to give us if we can only send them a few thousand pounds through western union

As others have said, it really is just a case of doing whatever you are comfortable with. I'm no lawyer, so i'm not going to state categorically that scambaiting is definetly legal (although i think it is). I'm just certain that no court would ever convict someone who is simply trying to prevent others from being robbed so, as a result, i am happy to proceed. If you feel that it might technically be illegal, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with deciding you dont want to be a baiter.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic