SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Cameroon's Police 'Most corrupt institution'..

View next topic
View previous topic

PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...according to 'The Post online'. 'The Post' is a Cameroonian newspaper. Now, I make it a rule to take a very large pinch of salt with stuff I read in most newspapers, and the very fact that any publication is allowed to print stuff like that and survive suggests the authorities can't really be so bad over there. Maybe the people owning the papers wield even more power. But in the face of some pretty stiff competition in the region, it's quite a statement.

http://www.postnewsline.com/2005/12/cameroon_police.html

Moved to GC -- JMR

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
music man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The ranking by Transparency International, TI, published on Friday, December 9

You can't beat up to the minute news , can you???

I can see police forces throughout the developing world trying to work out how Cameroon beat them to the title. Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it's pretty old news. Smile I chanced across it when I was looking for something else Cameroon related for a lad I'm trying to get there. It came to me as a surprise, because I thought Cameroon wasn't too bad by West African standards. It's no longer on my "places to visit before you die" list, but it's moved up my "places to send a lad" list.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having made two trips to Cameroon for about five weeks total, I can easily believe the police have the title "most corrupt" safely in the bag. Part of my work involved estimating excess charges extracted from agricultural traders at official and unofficial roadblocks - in some areas you can't drive more than 3km before coming to another barrier! I haven't traveled too widely in other parts of West Africa, but my overall impression was that Cameroon makes countries in East and Southern Africa look like they are run with German efficiency. A deputy minister came into a meeting with us and put his briefcase on the table complete with one of the anti-theft tags still pinned to the inside. Shocked Laughing

Btw - I was there in July and the Hilton was playing Christmas music during breakfast one morning. Full throttle Rudolph and sleigh bells at 7:00am! Pump up the volume...

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic