SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Music/File sharing news for UK baiters

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check this out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7522334.stm

Be careful what you download .....

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
leccy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bummer Sad

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's see if they actually do anything. At the moment they are only pursuing the people giving the music away not those who download. The cost of sending mail to all those that download illegally would bankrupt the companies affected.

The problem is the world has moved on. The big music corporations have lost control of the distribution of their product, and have taken a typical reactionary stance to something they can't understand.

Apple on the other hand...

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman

Last edited by windypops on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Peer Guardian Very Happy
For Windows, Mac and Linux

A letter is a long way from a court summons and all this will do is hasten the transition to everyone using encrypted P2P
This isn't about the artists not making money, look at all the bands giving albums away free. This is about the fat cat music companies not making quite as many billions, boo hoo.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just take it all with a grain of saly. Currently here in America there is a lawsuit going up against Comcast (a major internet provider), that is ordering it to pay damages to it's customers. For the past several years Comcast has been throttling the bandwidth of its customer who torrent. They misrepresent what the customers get, give them less, and pay them a higher price.

The reason all this is happening is because a few weeks ago the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) put it's foot down and ordered Comcast to stop throttling IP's immediately.

If everything goes as hoped, this could be an enormous win for the torrenting community as a whole. With the recent ACTA agreement (pray that falls through), this could be a step to knocking the RIAA, the MPAA, and all their international counterparts off their high horses.

There's a decent chance that you won't have anything to worry about.

But here's better information on the UK subject: http://torrentfreak.com/uk-isps-to-start-sending-mass-080724/

Check out that site. It's one of the few online dedicated to torrenting news.

Also read this one: http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-users-seek-compensation-from-comcast-080723/

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^One thing that pisses me of is one of the signatories behind this UK push is the RIAA, an American company who should have no say over here. I heard about the ISP's being done for throttling (although there are ways around that) but that would be for legitimate users of P2P, which, lets face it, the majority are not. It is only for people who share data, not just download and I agree that most of the UK ISP's will balk at actually cutting off customers. As far as I'm concerned I employ my ISP, with a monthly payment, to act as my gateway to the net. I do not expect them to tell me what I can and can't use and certainly not to read my data traffic any more then I would expect my postman to read my mail. All of this is a job for the police with the required paperwork/court orders, not an ISP.

ThisEuropean Court ruling could also make things interesting

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have frequent threads here concerning how WU could do more to prevent scammers abusing the service it provides. How is that different from ISPs coming under pressure to prevent illegal downloads?

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both are illegal, but I'm not sure that there are any victims of file sharing. I don't think there's any evidence that a file sharer would buy an album if he/she couldn't download it for free.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also not much evidence that your average shoplifter would buy a plasma TV if they couldn't steal it. Does that make it any better?

There are very few truly victimless crimes. I hesitate to say none, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head. Corporations have shareholders to answer to and are driven by profit; if they lose money through illegal acts in one direction, they will recoup it from another direction, usually the customer. Someone pays for every illegal act somewhere along the line, even if you can't immediately see who they are.

Edit to add: I'm not saying that any of us should expect everyone to be perfect law-abiding citizens at all times. My take is that, if you choose to break the law (as I do from time to time) you should be logical about your arguments for doing so, and realistic about the possible consequences.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
There are very few truly victimless crimes. I hesitate to say none, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head.

I can think of a few :
Breach of a court order
Breach of bail
Failing to stop when ordered
Drunk in Charge of a motor vehicle (as opposed to Drink Driving)
Entering the pitch area at a football match

These are undoubtedly others.

get your baiting forms here
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic