SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad requesting money gram - Help no idea what to do next!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad is supposedly from the US but took a trip to London on business.
After he arrived in London, his business partner didn't show up, and he was mugged of his money and credit cards. He needs help in getting home to the US.

He tells me that the London agent wanted an additional 20% for the ticket, but he has an agent that won't charge the 20% and gave me an address to send his money gram ($1,850) to an agent in (surprise) Nigeria.

I need to know what to tell him next.

Thanks,
Scarlett
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, first of all, are you sure you know what Money Gram is, and how it works? I would start by getting him to explain out the process. . . and I'd probably find it confusing, despite my best efforts to grasp his explanations. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Irma!

I did tell him I didn't know how to send a money gram.
He said he would look up the closest location to my area.

He asked if I had a credit card. I told him no, but I could go to the bank for the money.

Am I helpful or what? Smile

This is the same lad that was trying to scam my friend, and I'd really like to make him suffer. She was hurt when I proved to her he was a scammer. Sad

Since I'm so new, I'd really appreciate guidance on how to send him on a wild goose chase for his money.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're welcome, Scarlett. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad she found out in time, though.

You can feign Money Gram ignorance for a while; I pretended that I thought it was a telegram, and couldn't figure out how they'd get money in it.

Once he's explained it to you for a while, you can send him a copy of the "receipt". (forget to attach it, attach a junk file, etc.) Then, you can make a fake receipt and send it to him. (Check Windypops and ObiWan Knievel's sig lines for tools). Money Gram is even more fun than Western Union because they can't check the payment online before they try to retrieve it. Very Happy

Feel free to keep asking questions, you'll get lots of help here.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the money stage of the bait, this is where the fun realy begins.

I could type out a few options for you as to ways to play this but instead I have taken the lazy option.

Below is a section of the romance sticky that I have copied and pasted for you, it has lots of ideas on possible ways to annoy your pet. Wink

Quote:
My romance pet has asked for money, what should I do?

The money question will come up otherwise it wouldn't be scamming, this could be very early in the bait or it may be quite a way into it, it is enevitable so be prepared, have an idea before you start on how you would like to tease your pet.

Most often your scammer will ask for money to be sent by Western Union however other forms of payment may be requested but it is fairly rare in comparison.

Now before you actually (not) pay the money, this is a good oportunity for you to ask your pet for something, you have many options available to you here and I have listed just a few

My dear, I was at the; WU office / bank / friends place and I was told that; WU is used only by criminals / many untrustworthy people operate in your area / a man was once scammed by a (describe your scammer), so how do I know that; you really love me / you will use the money for you visa / your mother is really sick, if you could send me a; picture of you holding a sign / pair of underwear / handwritten note / picture of you wish a fish under your arm / video of yourself pouring milk on your head / you get the idea then I will be able to trust you and send the money to you.

This is the moment you have been waiting for so have a basic plan but be prepared to wing it if an oportunity arises

When you know you can trust your scammer enough to send them money you will need to decide how you are going to torture you pet next.

The options here are limited only by your imagination but I will list a few things for you to consider.

Ask questions, what is this Westun Onion? I have never heard of it, please explain how it works. Your pet will love to answer your questions about how to use WU and may eventually ask you to do a bank deposit (see below)

Where do I find my nearest WU office, great for using up their time to find your nearest location.

Bank accounts are so much easier for me, just give me your account details and I will deposit the money immediately.

I tried to deposit the money but there appears to be something wrong with the bank account, do you have another bank account I can try?

My love, I have not been able to find the office of WU but I have found a moneygram office and I have deposited the money for you, here is the number (random 8 digit number) for you to collect it.
Note WU requires a 10 digit number and Moneygram an 8 digit number, WU can be checked on line, MG cant.

I am sorry dear, I must have written the number wrong, Try this (almost identical random 8 digit number)

This is all too hard, cant I just have your bank account details?

If you do get bank details pass them onto Alan and in most cases the bank account will be closed within a week See this bank account reporting link for more information on how to have a bank account closed

In the baiters tool kit you will find all kinds of usefull forms including blurry WU and MG reciepts that will drive your pet nuts

There are also various money tracking and help sites available that are set up by fellow baiters to cause frustration to your pets, take a look for them or ask about them but do not over use them as most lads will fall for these modalities only once.

Of course you can have money posted to them as described in the section on how to post your pet a present which could end up at the wrong location and require pick up by your pet.

A completely different option at the beggining of the money stage is to introduce a friend or relative who would love to write to your pet, once you have established a second link to your scammer now you are free to die and keep baiting as the other new charactor, this will allow you to bait on your own terms and of course if you were in love there may just be an inheritance with more forms to fill in for your pet as well as deliveries that will end up in the wrong location.

As you can see options are endless so read around at what other baiters are up to and try a few things for yourself, if it works try again, if it does not work then refine your modality.

This is the fun part of any bait so be sure to enjoy it and post the details for us to enjoy the moment with you.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic