SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A GMail idea...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you baiters pretending to be lads, if you started seeding the thought that gmail accounts are no longer safe, do you think we'd see a migration of lads away from gmail and back to yahoo? I suppose this is more for the safari-seekers than the rest of the baiters, so I may be appealing to a minority here.

In my head it goes down something like this: a couple of dolla-choppers spread the word about knowing lads whose gmail accounds have been hijacked by something--a virus, a malicious lad, Scotland Yard, whatever. Then it starts happening to baiter-lads (blads? XD) who have to get new accounts with another service...

Do you think we could start spooking lads back to yahoo? Thoughts? Concerns? Agreements? Tacos?

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll take a taco. But that's just because I'm hungry.

As to the rest of your post...I don't know. I think it would probably take a lot more than a few baiters to make the lad-masses consider GMail to be unsafe. What that "a lot more" would be I do not know.

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the lads run Yahoo accounts still, it's just that over the past year or so, since Gmail started, more people in their target audience have started using it, so the smarter lads are just following the trend in the hope it makes them more believable.

They still run their Yahoo accounts, if they are in West Africa, because Yahoo has the market saturation there that google and MSN failed to capitalilse on intially.

Trying to get them to drop Gmail? they'll drop you first, most of them don't have their own computers, they know they can't be traced anyway, it would take a very powerful juju to convince them otherwise.

If you do come up with a modality and try it, I hope it works.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My idea was not convincing them to switch because they could be traced, but because there was a weakness in the gmail system that someone was taking advantage of.

Given the rash of Martian astronaut letters recently, I was kind of hoping a similar rumor-fest could have the lads running at our beck and call. Though the more I think about it, the more improbable it seems. Confused

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For the West Africans (or others in less developed countries) Another advantage that Yahoo has over Gmail is that with a slower connection, Gmail sometimes won't load, or takes a long time.

Maybe you could start a rumor that the reason Gmail takes so long to load is that "they" are scanning your account for key phrases...
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are vastly many more scammers than baiters, so I don't think a concerted approach would have much impact.

If I wanted to persuade an individual lad to switch away from gmail, I would extol its many virtues, but express concern about the fact that nothing is ever deleted from their central server (even when a message is "deleted" or an account is "closed") [1]. Then mention that the police have even managed to trace criminals right back to the days when gmail started. But frankly I doubt this will work in most cases.

[1] This is actually close to being true - I think that messages are not truly deleted until a year after they are closed.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic