SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Neighbors SORTED

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So here is my tale of woe. The neighbors have not mowed their lawn in over a month. Given that where I live it is prime growing season for anything, their lawn is now VERY tall. I'd post pictures, but I did not take any.

So who cares? Well I live outside the city limits so there is no ordinance that covers how high your grass can get (I checked with the local government).

In the US in a subdivision it is often customary to have rules that you agree to abide by when you buy the house. These often cover mowing the lawn and the like. Our subdivision does not have any (both a blessing and a curse).

So short of spraying grass killer all over their lawn does anyone have any ideas of how I get them to mow?

They are not the most sociable people. They don't even wave back when you wave at them when you drive by. I have not seen them out and about for a while, but the car keeps moving positions in the drive so someone is coming and going.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8

Last edited by The Man on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe you could try going over and asking them to mow it? Laughing

Does it border your yard without a fence? If so, you could do what I do with my slack neighbors and mow further and further into their yard so that it looks like I'm stealing it and guilts them into mowing theirs.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Practice crop circles.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Use Photoshop, knock up a fake document from the local government, that talks about new rules concerning people who let their gardens get out of hand, and that their garden has been spotted by new garden wardens whos job it is to find overgrown gardens, say that it needs cutting back before legal action is taken, and if they do not comply, local government gardeners will visit their home, if they are out and get no answer, they will commence work there and then and bill them for it, print out and stick it in their mail box Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Find an article about snakes living in tall grasses, then mail it anonymously. Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima:

Tried to go over and ask them to mow, repeatedly. No one answers the door.

I am writing a letter to them advising that they need to mow or they will be "Reported". Not saying to WHO (since there is no legal body with authority to make them mow).

As for mowing, the property line is a row of pine trees (their trees not mine) so no option to just mow an extra couple more feet each week until I hit their house Sad

Snerd: Crop circles with weed/grass killer it might have to be Twisted Evil I have a friend who is a farmer so I could get the really strong stuff that will make sure the grass does not grow back for a good long while.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know about the US but in the UK, a lot of birdseed has seeds of a certain Mary Jane in them, so get sewing. Shame if your neighbours were growing a crop of this in their front lawn. I'm sure your local constabulary would be interested. Twisted Evil

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's tough, no rules and they don't want to do what you want, so you can't make them do it. Do they wash their car often enough or is that dirty too? Wink
Living close together doesn't make things easy, but you bought the house so close to a neighbor with his own opinion about gardening.

Easiest solution is not killing the grass, that's destroying property and would set any cop or judge on his wrong foot. (plus give you lots of weeds that now can't survive in the grass.

Go talk and if you really can't live with it, mow it yourself with their permission. Else there's not much you can do then to going in to politics and make a new local law and get it approved. He might have moved out by then though Laughing

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahaha. I had a neighbor like that once. They grew their lawn to about 3 feet I think. (No idea why.) It was hilarious.

Just let it go... I mean, yea it might be annoying, but their bad choices of lawn care won't have a negative reflection on you. If anything, if you keep your grass really nicely trimmed, it will make you look much better.

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agent orange Twisted Evil

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The funny thing is I am not the neighborhood lawn nazi. The neighbors on the other side have grass that looks like a freaking golf course green they keep it so well trimmed.

I am just frustrated at driving past it every day and seeing how BAD the lawn (and frankly the rest of the house) looks.

Our county government does not give a rat about it. The problem is it most certainly causes a decline in property value. Not that I am looking to sell right at the moment, but it is better to nip a problem in the bud as it were.

I would be happy to offer to mow it for them every now and again, but they won't/don't answer the door when I knock. By all accounts there are a couple of women living there and they appear to be able bodied. They mowed frequently last summer, but now not so much.

Now as for Ms. Mary Jane, that is not something you would find in grass seed in the US, but I think I might know where I could find some Wink

Mortar x8
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's always the possibility that they've been unwell or had some other crisis especially if they'd kept the place fairly neat up 'til recently.
Perhaps a freindly note saying you'd be willing to mow the lawn?

As for the Mj I had a pointy leaf plant growing under the bird feeder. I thought, purely in the intrests of science, that i'd see how big it would get.
It vanished one night, perhaps it was a triffid all along and wandered off.
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like you, I chose to live outside of code enforcement jurisdiction, without a homeowners' association. I do know what it's like to look at a neighbor's eyesore. But that's part of living where I live. It's more of a blessing than a curse to me because I have the freedom to do a lot of things that homeowners' associations and/or the city typically forbid.

If a neighbor's grass bothers you this much, then you might just relocate. You'd probably be happier living someplace where a committee, or the city, has authority over lawn care, among other things.

---

Edited to add:

If the neighbors *were* mowing regularly, but aren't now, then they're probably having some sort of problem. You can look able bodied but have a major illness. Or have non-physical problems that make lawn care either impossible, or just very, very low on your list of priorities.

That being the likely case: I'd feel bad about posting a "You'll be reported" letter. It's likely that they're already having troubles. I'd hate to add to the burden.

Maybe, instead, a note along the lines of, "I've noticed that you haven't been mowing lately. Please let me help you"? You could post it on their door. They might really appreciate a nice gesture, instead of an empty threat that nobody can enforce. Smile

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony

Last edited by RoyalFlush on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny's idea placed inside a friendly greeting card, and expanded to include an offer to help otherwise if you can might get them to open up. I also agree that illness or something major might have happened to where they no longer care about the lawn, or it isn't their first priority.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Buy a goat or some sheep and sort of let them wander onto their property. Ooops, are my silly sheep out again?!

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe they want a wildlife sanctuary in the midst of all your neatly mown lawns.

Ours got pretty bad the last couple of years as i was at uni and the mower blew up. I'll leave it there, you can make your own story involving those two facts.

Actual, the only wildlife that enjoyed our less than pristine lawn were the cats who thought it was a litter tray. That was not a fun lawn to mow when i got home for summer. Crap spraying everywhere. Watch out for that if you do mow their lawn.
voltar2008
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i am sorry. I will try to do better. It is hard to get to because I spend all my time staring at you mowing your lawn. I find sweat such a turn on..... unless of course its my sweat Wink

you are a very foolish idiot.bastard - Paul L0ck3tt

Your are the most worst beast i have ever come across i don't know who gave you acess to internet.motha fucker. - P4tr1ck S4mb0

I thought fools like you are no more in existence, what on earth did your mum leave to you? You are worst fool on mother earth. anyaway, no need talking much on this. Come suck my p***y. - l1ND4

Linda
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh sure make me feel bad for having written (but not posted) the letter.... you all are probably right. Whilst their lawn care was not up to my other neighbor's standards, it was not BAD last summer. I'll TRY to be the voice of reason.

Then send them a letter when that does not work.

Maybe I can get a lad to write and post the letter for me?

Mortar x8
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some folks in our friendly neighborhood have slowed down mowing because of the cost of gasoline.

Small comfort, but you could count yourself lucky you don't live here in the Twin Cities, where there is an inspector whose only job is to drive around with a little ruler and actually measure the length of your grass. If you are over a certain length you can get cited. I am not making this up.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@boh: I understand about the cost of gas. It takes me about 1 gallon to mow the lawn, and my neighbor has about the same size lawn so I guess about the same for them.

So I could understand if they went from once a week to every other or something.

If you want to have REALLY nice grass where I am (like my other neighbors) you have to mow twice a week this time of year. The stuff is growing that fast.

*sigh* I guess I'll be neighborly when I get home.

Mortar x8
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ honey catches more flies... Wink

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The nice/helpful approach is probably best, but I do like Snerd's crop circle suggestion, it would be sad to let this idea go to waste. Confused

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd tie up some goats in their front yard. Wink

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd try a friendly approach too. It's not worth sparking a potential neighbour dispute over some long grass. These things have a nasy habit of escalating...

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I went and knocked on their door on the way home from work but no answer. I know they are "around" as the car was not in the same place as it was when I went to work today, and there was another car in the drive as well.

Maybe to keep Snerd's ideas I'll MOW crop circles into their yard (then spray it with Agent Orange)....

The plot thickens, but now you all have me worried for their safety/health.

Mortar x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic