SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Infiltration help needed - Mugu wants a partner

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bluedavidg1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is a Craigslist scammer. He pretends that he is selling a car through a fake Ebay escrow account. He doesn't have a fake ebay website, just an "official" looking Ebay Protection Service email.

I baited him through several different accounts and eventually admitted it and became his friend. He was impressed with my perseverance and skills.

We have chatted on gmail for a while now and he wants me to find Americans to cash moneygrams - he says to use college kids or homeless people who will not lead directly to me - and i give them $100 and I keep 30%. He says he is in Canada but needs contacts in the US.

I've been baiting for a while, but this is new territory. Any advice or ideas how I should handle this?

I FEEL A LOT OF PAIN THAT MY PRECIOUS TIME HAS BEEN WASTED. TELL ME THE MOTIVE BEHIND ALL THIS. ARE YOU AN AGENT? - Mr. Raem
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My immediate (admittedly inexperienced) reaction:

Put the scammer down now.

Walk away from the scammer.

But, then, I'm not that good a baiter.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiters engage these guys from time to time.

One way is to recruit other fellow baiters as mules for this guy to send checks to and they then do their best to tie this guy in knots. However, if he's an accomplished check lad, he may not put up with much foolishness.

If you have his relevant information and don't mind sharing, please PM me -- we may be able to use it in more practical ways.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
bluedavidg1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is not check lad. He only accepts WU or MG on his fake Ebay email.

I FEEL A LOT OF PAIN THAT MY PRECIOUS TIME HAS BEEN WASTED. TELL ME THE MOTIVE BEHIND ALL THIS. ARE YOU AN AGENT? - Mr. Raem
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh, right you are -- sorry, misread that. In any event, that makes things a bit easier. You round up 3-4 baiters to act as victims and they each run him in circles.

Then, if you want, you could turn the tables on him and start running your own "jobs" and tell him you're getting rich, etc.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I think he wants bluedavidg1976 to find him cash mules to visit MG for him. bluedavidg1976 pays them a fee, keeps a percentage and sends the rest to the lad. bluedavidg1976 would be the mule in the middle in these transactions.

That's how I read it, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd say tell him you found a few mules, think of some nice names and addresses for them, and say you're ready to go.

Of course the MG payments of the lad's successful scams will never be collected due to all kinds of unpredictable circumstances, Twisted Evil and I hope you won't be too concerned loosing this 'friend' in the end .. Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
bluedavidg1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why does he need me to find people to collect? Can't he collect the money himself, or is that a risk that some scammers won't take? Is he scared that the police will bust him at Moneygram if he went there personally?

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yep he knows the money is dirty and wants to launder it through mules to make tracing him harder - that's how I read it anyway.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic