SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Young American woman stranded in Nigeria......

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Biff Pile-On
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this from one Becky Smith on my Myspace account. It was accompanied by the pic the hotel manager sent me. Of course on Myspace I berated the clown as there has to be somewhere that one can go without some asswipe trying to scam you. So I figured I would reply to this clown as my character, William Tell. to both her and the "hotel manager" who is holding her passport hostage.

This is the myspace profile the scammer is using. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=392705381

Quote:
my name is becky smith from usa,I am 29years. usa,new york heights 5'7fth tall single heart broken..and i lost my Both parent several years back and i am the only child of my parent. do you like to know about the recently heart broken that i had? That has made be be sucked down here in Africa Nigeria now. It's all began About 3weeks ago i met a guy on the internet promising me that he loves me and his from africa and told me to come and visit him and i pay him a visit he take me to a hotel and the next day nigth that i will wake up i cant find the guy any more he ran away with all my money and my jeweries. can you see how men are bad and the * i am is that the hotel we lunch at am holding the hotel money hotel bill of $750 and the hotel do not want to release my document and passport coz am holding the hotel bill and i will be glad if you can help me out will like to hear from.i will be happy if we really get into relationship, but i hope you understand that i am stucked in a hotel in this unknown country and if can be help to me to call the hotel and help me get out of here i will be pleased and i will never make you regret helping me cos i need someone truthfull like you are in my life. I promise if U can get me out of here by helping me talk to the Hotel management on how U are gonna help me pay the bills i have encured here to the Hotel Management i will surely pay back when i get back home o.k. and hopefully i will then accept that i've found a new life with U o.k. So it's up to U to decide oin what U wanna do with me concerning these issues o.k.. The telephone number for the Hotel Manager is with the secretary if U wish to speak with him concerning this issues and verify this things i have said,Here are the Contact details to the Hotel.
[email protected]
Phone # 0112348032324774.

I am in room 138 of the Hotel and my regestry name is becky smith ,I will be happy if you can do This for me and i promise you that you will never regret if you do help me out of here.You can email me direct to my email box if you would love to assist me at [email protected]
Thanks
becky

I replied with

Quote:
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]

Hello,

I am writing regarding the bill of Becky Smith.

I would like to help her. What do you require to release her passport?

William

From the hotel manager.

Quote:

HELLO MR WILLIAM,

THIS FROM THE DESK OF MR WALE MOSES THE EXECUTIVE MANAGER OF VAMACA HOTEL & SUIT. WELL MISS BECKY SMITH HAS BEEN IN OUR HOTEL FOR COUPLES OF WEEKS NOW AND SHE IS OWNING THE HOTEL MANAGEMENTS THE BILL OF 750 USD DUE TO THIS THE HOTEL MANAGEMENTS HAD SEIZE UP HER TRAVELING DOCUMENTS AND WILL BE RELEASE AS SOON AS SHE CAN PAY FOR OUR HER BILL, NOW THAT YOU WANNA HELP HER WITH HER BILL ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO SEND THE MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION TO OUR ACCOUNTING DEPT. THROUGH THE FOLLOWING IN FORMATIONS :-
RECEIVER'S NAME .... SAMUEL BLESSING
COUNTRY.... NIGERIA
STATE... LAGOS
ZIPCODE..23401
SECURITY QUESTION... TO WHO
SECURITY ANSWER..... BECKY SMITH
BILLED AMOUNT.... 750 USD

N:B :- AS SOON AS YOU HAVE GET THE MONEY SENT PLEASE DON'T FAIL TO NOTIFY US WITH THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND ALONG WITH THE WESTERN UNION MTCN # AS SO CONFIRM THE TRANSACTION AND PAYMENTS FOR MISS BECKY SMITH HOTEL BILL AS SOON AS ALL THESE IS DONE I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE AVAILABLE HER TRAVELING DOCUMENTS AND SHE WILL BE FREE LEAVE OUR HOTEL PREMISES AND COME BACK TO AMERICA WHERE SHE CAME FROM. UNTIL WE HEAR BACK FROM YOU.

BEST REGARDS.

EXECUTIVE MANAGER
VAMACA HOTEL & SUIT INTERNATIONAL..

and this from "Becky."

Quote:

Oh great to hear from you, how ever i like the tune of your mail and i will be so glad if you really can help me out here..i promise i will make it up to you as soon as i can get ou t of here... will check back for your mail the hotel manager just sent for me.ttyl

bye

She seems to like the tune of my mail. Apparently it has a good beat. So I replied to the "hotel manager" with.....

Quote:
To: "VAMACA HOTEL" [email protected]

Dear Sir,

I am willing to help Ms. Smith, but I will require some proof that she is who she says she is. After all, I don't just send money out to just anyone. I am a businessman, not a bank. However, I will help people as I am on the board of my church's charity. My church is the Holy Church of the bread and fishes, and we have a fund for helping refugees. Ms. Smith does fall within that category and I feel that we can help her.

In order for me to get the money approved. I will need a photograph of Ms. Smith to show the board who we are helping. Our charity is well funded and we have sponsored many refugees and brought them to the US. If you can provide a picture of Ms. Smith, or a scan of her passport I am sure that we can get the funds to you very quickly.

Sincerely,

William Tell

I replied to Becky with...

Quote:

Ms. Smith,

I have informed the hotel manager that I am going to help you. I am on the board of directors of my church's charity and we have helped many refugees from Africa to get to the US and live very successful lives. As you are now in a refugee status, I think we can also help you.

I will require some proof as to who you are before I can get the board to approve the funds. I will need you to send me a scan of your passport or a picture of yourself so that the board can see who we are helping.

Sincerely,

William Tell

So what do I get in return? Pictures of two different women....the hotel manager sends me this.

Quote:

Message contains attachments
becky1.jpg (18KB)

AM SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONGTIME TO REPLY YOUR EMAIL JUST THAT I WAS HAVING A LOT OF THINGS TO DO DOWN HERE AND I ASK HER IF SHE HAD A PICTURE IN HER BOX AND SHE GIVE ME THIS ONE AM SENDING TO YOU AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
BEST REGARDS.
EXECUTIVE MANAGER
VAMACA HOTEL & SUIT INTERNATIONAL..

Becky sends me this.....

Quote:

becky3.jpg (46KB)

thanks for your caring and i want to know one thing from you is that are just helping me out of here or you want me to be your love because i was thinking about that and i think that you are a good and caring man that i will love to have in my life but am going to send you my pic and i hope to hear from you soon

So what is a charity board member to do? I don't want to lose the guy, but it may be too late. So I decide to slap them a tad bit and also provide a rational explanation at the same time with a carrot thrown in for good measure....

Quote:
To: "VAMACA HOTEL" [email protected]

becky1.jpg (18KB), becky3.jpg (46KB)

Dear Sir,

You sent me a picture of Ms. Smith and she sent me a picture as well. As you can see, the pictures are not of the same girl.

As I don't know which girl is the real Ms. Smith, I can only assume that she is trying to hide her identity due to the embarrassment of running out of money.

I may need more proof of her identity to show the board in order to get the required funds. I will let you know as soon as I am able to meet with them tomorrow.

William

Then to Becky.....

Quote:
To: "becky smith" [email protected]>

Hi Becky,

You are welcome. I am working with the hotel manager for the release of your passport.

However, he sent me a picture of you that does not match the picture you sent me. I contacted another member of our charity board and he and I both feel that before we send any money to you we will require more proof of your identity. We both have agreed that a scan of your passport should be enough to persuade the other 3 members of the board. $750 seems like a small amount of money. We routinely donate several thousand dollars to needy refugees desiring our assistance. Both myself and the other board member I have mentioned feel that since you were left stranded by this immoral miscreant that it is only fair that we set things right.

How much do you think you will need to pay off the hotel bill and arrange a first-class flight back to the US? If you also need any other incidentals such as clothing and toiletries you may include the cost of those into your flight cost. I would only require an itemized list of each item and the cost for our bookkeeper for the annual taxes.

I hope this comes as good news for you. I have taken steps that I would not normally take as I feel a personal connection with you.

Sincerely,

William Tell

So we shall see where this goes. I have given this clown the green light to seek greater funds and at the same time given him a task that he may or may not be able to pull off. Maybe I will get a badly photoshopped passport and at least have caused him some grief at sending me two different pictures.

Time will tell and as today is Sunday, the cafe may well be closed.

Warm Regards

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU

NB: Please get back to me as soon as you receive this mail because i know that very soon, i will pass on.

AM A LITTLE BUSY HERE BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF COSTUMER ON HERE - MR WALE MOSES
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic