SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Lost dog

View next topic
View previous topic

peony
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, like most of you I've received countless Nigerian scam letters, and usually I find them mildly amusing. The following is my pet pond scum:

Back in 11/2007 (the day before Thanksgiving, actually) I had two beloved dogs stolen right out of my yard! Understand this: I live on 55 acres 10 miles from the nearest neighbor, and we are deep in the woods. You'd think your dog would be safe? Wrong. They were collared and tagged, so this was no misunderstood good samaritan at work. They never roamed. They were both spayed females, and they loved it here.

I put out a large reward on posters with color photos, did all the usual searching and calling vets..yada..yada..I'll get to the point, I promise.

I listed these dogs on: LostDogdatabase.com and on DogDetective.com, and that's where the scumbags found my email last week.

I didn't see it coming. He was that good. (I'm a retired police dispatcher, btw, so I'm usually pretty suspicious to begin with.) He wrote the Admin of LostDogdatabase, and they in turn emailed me supplying me with the jerk's addy. I wrote him. He wrote back stating he'd had the dog for quite some time...it was an inconvenience...and right now he was away on business and his sister was caring for the dog. Bingo, my internal alarm went off. (Smuck me, I'd been sitting here at the keyboard crying thinking Omg, could this really be one of my dogs?)

I started asking him questions:
Which dog?
What state are you in?
Where did you find the dog?
Etc., etc.

No answers. All I get in reply is how inconvenienced he'd been, and he expected to be rewarded, and he expected shipping costs too. To which I replied "Answer my questions." "Yes, there is a reward." and "No, you will not ship the animal, as I will come get it." (Testing, one..two..)

I get the same darned reply again with NO answers. Here's where I messed up. I lost my cool when I realized this AH was playing me, and I advised him that the FBI Internet Fraud Division could obtain his IP for the fraud report I'd file. Now his Yahoo email is bouncing.

*bangs head on keyboard*

Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

I didn't know about you guys until tonight when a pal on the Maher Forum told me to check here.

Yes, I'm VERY emotional, sorry. One of these dogs kept me going when my son died suddenly. I know it sounds corny, but she kept me from blowing my freaking brains out. She was my heart.

Is there any way now I can cause this SOB grief?
peony
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you guys were a great help. Bogus board.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.

While I can certainly understand you being upset about not only losing your dogs, but also being jerked around by some unscrupulous pinhead, insulting the people you are asking for help for not responding to your post (one amongst a few hundred) within less than eight hours of posting seems a bit counter productive.

You asked us if we can help you mess the guy around, but in the same post tell us that his email is bouncing; you also didn't make it clear if this is anything other than an opportunist looking to make a quick buck.

What type of advice would you like, and what other information can you provide that would help in providing that advice?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic