SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

The "Black Axe" lads: Some topical observations

View next topic
View previous topic

Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear baiting gurus,

As I have been researching this topic for inclusions into insult baiting, the information I came across is a bit disturbing. I searched the forums here and the last time this topic was brought up as a whole thread topic was circa 2006. Therefore, moderators, I thought a new topic would suffice since: a.) I do not want the "thread necroing" accusation and b.) some newer members might find this information interesting on both the scam baiting and ethnographic levels.

The "black axe" is a name for a confraternity loosely related to the Neo-Black Movement of Africa . From a look at the NBA's website, the organization appears on the "up and up" as the requirements for membership are:

Quote:
Qualifying criteria

* Graduate of a higher institution of learning and of good academic standing
* Be of good character and law abiding
* Are not and have never been a member of a campus confraternity
* Be of sound mind and body
* Subscribe to the ideals of the Neo Black Movement of Africa

some links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Black_Movement_of_Africa#Qualifying_criteria
http://www.nbmafrica.com/

These aforementioned attributes probably disqualify the average, undereducated cafe boy in Festac Town. Now this website I am linking you to tells a the real story of the "Black Axe:"
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/research/rir/?action=record.viewrec&gotorec=433931

Quote:
Initiation

Offiong's portrayal of Black Axe initiation ceremonies echoes a research report published in 2001. Sam O. Smah of the Centre for Development Studies at the University of Jos in Nigeria describes the ceremonies as "gruesome, bloody, and barbaric" and says that, true to their secret nature, the ceremonies take place in forests or in cemeteries, usually around a bonfire, and involve dancing, singing, drug taking, the drinking of human blood, and the rape of women (Smah May 2001, 14). Offiong adds that all fraternities initiate new members on Saturdays at midnight (Offiong 2003, 82). For some cults, initiates undergo what Offiong calls the "test of manhood," which involves being flogged, kicked, and hit with belts and sticks while stripped to the pants, before being taken to the "'island'," or initiation site (ibid.). The initiates take an oath of secrecy around a bon fire and put on their fraternity clothes; they are then given a new name and made to sign a membership scroll and provide their thumbprint in blood (ibid.). Drinking, dancing, drug taking, and drumming begin when the new members are presented to the larger group (ibid., 82-83) and end in the early hours of the morning with a procession (called the "'jolly'" by the Black Axe) to the new members' lodgings (ibid., 83).

A big difference from the Neo Black movement's official African website. Just thought I'd share some research on my journey of trying to figure out these scammers.

Cap419

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cap419kicker wrote:
I thought a new topic would suffice since: a.) I do not want the "thread necroing" accusation

Thanks, you avoided that quite nicely. Very Happy Fresh information is better anyway. Wink

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've done a little research myself into Confraternities Cap419kicker, and they often start out with honourable purposes and intentions but usually degenerate into little more than criminal street gangs, and compete with each other for the extremity of violence in attacking other Confraternities.

As you can see from my siggy line I appear to have become an honorary Norseman and have saved some useful Ladspeak passages that can be used to verify my credentials as a bona fide member.

Other gangs (which also have female only groups reputed to act as sex fodder for the male Confraternities) are the Air Lords, Pyrates and others with quite bizarre names and even weirder mythologies.

A lot of Lads will brag of being a member simply to clothe themselves in the aura of toughness it gives them. Like telling your pals that you are a 'made man'.

Top of the tree in the violence stakes are the Delta Confraternities which operate as irregular armies attacking oil installations with automatic weapons and embodying juju rituals.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Roycropper
Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Just thought I'd share some research on my journey of trying to figure out these scammers.

Sorry captain, but It disturbs me that you assume because an organization has an all black membership, and a Nigerain acedemic has cast them in a bad light, it doesn't make them ALL scammers.

Quote:
Drinking, dancing, drug taking, and drumming
See what I mean, it could be the Daily Mail at an outlaw bike club's party.

I've seen biker clubs classed as criminal organisations all my life, it ain't necessarily so.

One of my lads is a member of the axemen, but it doesn't mean they are all scammers.

I'm locking this for now, your mileage may vary with other mods.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't see anything that pops out to me in the OP that shows any connection between neo-black cofraternities and 419 scammers.

This would be like if I made a post detailing the history of the KKK -- it may be historically correct and even interesting, but it doesn't have anything to do with baiting. If you want to throw insults at lads by calling them members of certain organizations, that's fine and dandy, but again, I just don't see the relevance of your post.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic