SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

They tried to get me......

View next topic
View previous topic

jewhitlow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay I put my car for sale on Craigslist.com (which is a wonderful site and I highly recommend everyone to check it out) It was my 1996 4x4 Blazer I was selling for $1,900.00 or best offer. Two days later I got excited to see this email and then nervous. I had that gut feeling that something wasn’t right..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Item to buy
Date: June 25, 2008

Hello seller,
I saw your advert on craiglist and am willing and interested to buy the item.Get back to me via my email ([email protected]) if still available for sale.
Are you the owner???
State its condition.
What is your last offer????
I look forward to read from you soonest.
Best regard.

Okay, at first I was like wow I just might have this POS sold….Then that little voice said “If it sounds to good to be true..it is” Thanks DAD.
I wrote back letting John know everything there was about the Blazer. I am honest and would never lie about a business transaction.

Subject: Hello
Date: June 25, 2008

As of now the 1996 4x4 Blazer is still for sale. My husband is the owner, we hold the title and it's free and clear of any liens. The condition of it is FAIR. The outside looks good, on the drivers side there is a long wavey scratch, fixable. The trans only has 50,000 miles on it and was just looked and is in GREAT condition, same with the engine. It has no oil build up and runs Perfect. The Blazer was sitting for a year so it needs some TLC. KBB.com stated at FAIR condition its worth just under $2,400.00 I'm asking $1,900.00 because it does need a new windshield, and the AC needs charged. Now the inside of it looks bad! We have been scrubbing it and like I stated it would be a perfect work truck or get it detailed. The Blazer has newer tires on it. It will need a oil change and probably a tune up (spark plugs, Walmart sells them for a few dollars) I can't think of anything else to add. Right now I have another guy wanting it for $2000.00 but he's in CA i'm not to sure what to make of that. Any other questions please ask.
Thanks,
xxxxx
[email protected]

What’s funny about that is the other guy from CA is trying the same BS with me now at this point I knew something weird is going on so I contacted our DMV in va and asked if we could sell a car without having the buyer present and how would we go about making sure that once the truck leaves its no longer or responsibility. So got some helpful info and still thought I could sell it.

Subject: n/a
Date: June 26, 2008

Hello,
Thanks for your fast response. I'm very glad to read your mail i will buy the truck from you ,I would have like to come to your lacation to take a look before making payment but i'm always working from home and time doesn't permit me to show up because i'm busy
type.? I will be very happy if you can send me your full name-------------address-------- and your telephone numbe so that i can send you the payment, as soon as possible i know you have been contacted by various buyers..I'm interested i will be adding
extra $10 to the actual amount about the shippment i haveshipper that will take
care of the shippment to my house in NJ, i will like you to get back to me as soon as possible.
Regard.

Okay I’m still biting. Like a retard I gave him my real address….and phone number

Subject: info

xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
If you don't mind may I get your name and phone # as well.
Thanks

Date: June 27, 2008

Hello xxxxx, thanks for getting back to me quickly.... I called you immediatly i got your mail but know one pick up the phone .. I will get the payment to you latest by 9th of of this month and the shipper will be picking up immediatly you comfirm to me that you have recieve the payment.....

I saw this number call but I screen them

Subject: missed call

Hello again, sorry I missed your call. When the truck gets picked up, will you have somene driving it? If so you'll need to get tags, i'll be turning mine in after i recieve payment. I have your number as 540-**2-5*45. Thanks!

Hello xxxxx,

Yes i was trying to call you that i got the payment information and i will forward it to my client to issue a certified bank check to you and send it to you via UPS or FEDEX......I will then get back to you tommorrow with the tracking number so that you can know exact time of delivery on tuesday morning...I hope you can understand me.

Regards

Mr. Helton.

I did some reseach and came across my new favorite site 419eater.com and the tables have turned!!!!!

Subject: Hello friend

Dear John Helton.
I was just confirming that the payment was sent off, I do have others interested in the Blazer. Please let me know by tomorrow morning.
I will be away for a few days on a business trip. I'm expanding my business to N.Y. and need to quickly find new talent for the scholarship money/grant money. I have over $750,000.00 in scholarship money to give away within the next 4 weeks.
If you know anyone with artistic talent and want to start a career painting have them email my partner at [email protected]
Her name is xxxxx.

Again thanks so much,
xxxxx.
Artist Treasures and Scholarship Foundation

The game is on…………
Laughing

Mod edit - edited to remove your name and email addresses, along with your partially xxx out postal address - SP
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved from Surplus to Main for better response.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jxxxxxr, Welcome. I would suggest you xxxx Out your email addy as it looks real and you probably don't want the attention you might get because we often have scammers stop by.

Just a thought. Very Happy

I'd also consider asking a Mod (like sheboppe, one of my favs, or Ima Baeder) to change your user ID because I think I know your name now. Confused

Edit to add, "If you are using your real life email to bait with, we don't consider that safe baiting. Drop him and re-bait from a safe address."

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks to me like the guy was going to give you a fake cheque to pay for the truck. Well done for spotting it.

Like Paranoid said, best to use a fake email addy, like gmail or yahoo with fake details when baiting. Also, you should probably xxx out more of your personal info.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Lord Ba'al
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I want to know how Fed Ex or UPS would pick up the truck. I don't think it would fit in their van.

Closed lad accounts x1
Nanny Ogg
"Bruce"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they have your real name and details I'd drop them.
Remember these are criminals you are dealing with.
Ignore all calls and emails.
Read the stckies, get a mentor etc etc see my sig line for links.

You can always rebait from another new email ie gmail that strips ip info.
Or go into surplus and pick one from there to bait.
Sadly there's plenty of scammers out there Sad

Roycropper
Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You need a user name change, please pm me or another mod with a name you havent used anywhere else on the net. I cant change it now as I'd just lock you out.

I liked the trippy pix you bought though Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*bump*

Gosh, I didn't meant to slight Roy with my post above. By all means, ask Roycropper to change your user ID! Very Happy

I hope the camera worked out okay too. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic