SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can somebody help me?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fejes
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!

I was scammed a nigerian scammer took my 2249$(i ordered telephones from them). I would like to cache them, but i need help. I tracked his ip adress. I need somebody who knows everything about scammers and their methods.
Can somebody help me or tell me what to do?
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there Fejes - and it's a hell of a thing to have to say, but based on what I've read and been told, you've lost your money to those maggots.

I think there are others better at explaining this than me, so I'll leave it to them. I'm sorry you got scammed.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Fejes, welcome to the eater, I'm sorry to hear you were scammed.

Sadly, there will be no way for you to trace the scammers, they use fake names, disposable mobile phone number with unregistered sim cards, and operate out of internet cafes in places where corruption is rife, the money you have lost cannot be recovered, even if you have their IP address, you may only be able to find the country which they mailed you from, or possibly the town, if you are extremely lucky, you might be able to get it down to a particular internet cafe they used, but then you have another problem, you could not prove which person sent you the scam emails from a particular computer terminal on any given day, the scammers are pretty much completely anonymous.

Now that you have been scammed once, this leaves you vulnerable to another scam, which we call, the money recovery scam.

The money recovery scam works like this, the same people who scammed you, will contact you again using different email addresses with different names and phone numbers, they will claim to be the police or some other official anti fraud unit, even the government or FBI or EFCC in Nigeria etc, they will tell you that either they have arrested the people who scammed you, or they are about to arrest them, there is also another scam where they send out emails to random addresses in the hope of hitting on a previous victim, they will claim to be the government and that they are giving money back to victims of fraud, but mostly, they go the route of claiming to be the police, EFCC etc.

At some point after contacting you regarding getting your money back, they will ask for all the details of the scam, the names of the scammers involved, their phone number and email addresses, any documents they sent to you, and will ask for receipts of money you sent to them, all of that is done to make them appear legitimate to the victim, soon after, you will be asked to pay some sort of fee to either register your claim to get your lost money back, or they might even say they need money to pay bribes to officials, either way, if the victim pays, they have now been scammed for a second time, so you need to be aware of anyone offering to recover your money, because, it's gone, and you wont be getting it back, sorry to be blunt, but it's best said that way, rather than to give you false hope.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome, Fejes.

Sorry to read that you were scammed. Unfortunately, the chances of catching the person or persons responsible are remote as they operate anonymously from one or more internet cafes in their region. Their IP address might confirm the country from which they operate, but without any additional information, is of little use.

You should realise there is no chance of recovering your lost money but perhaps you should consider yourself fortunate as you have lost a relatively small amount (yes, I know $2249 is an unwelcome whack to the wallet, but there are victims who have lost 10 to 100 times more).

As for what to do, perhaps you would like to share your story with others at our sister site http://www.scamwarners.com/ It's a forum for scam victims and victim support. Personal accounts of being scammed are a valuable resource in convincing some of the more vulnerable members of our society that what they are involved in is, indeed, a scam.

If you are interested in baiting, spending some time perusing the site will help you decide if you wish to partake in this fine sport. You may also wish to sign up for a mentor HERE.

EDIT: Beaten by the fastest typists in the northern and southern hemispheres.

EDIT 2: Grammar

Last edited by Seven of Nine on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear you got scammed Fejes. Sadly, as the others above have said, the money has gone and the chances of catching the scammers and making any arrests are virtually zero, for the reasons stated.

We have a special forum - PHONE LAD FORUM- here.....

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45 whichyou might like to read.

The thread below explains exactly how phone scammers work and details how we exact some sort of retribution on them.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138424

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Fejes and welcome.
I'm sorry for that and surely your money's lost.
Could you post the email addresses of this scammer? You might wish to mark them "masked" and maybe someone could have a look whether this guy is well-known.

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
miscellaneoustoaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Fejes, sorry to hear about your being scammed. The fact that they are so anonymous is what makes them so difficult for not just the us, but law enforcement too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic