SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a phone call from 702-520-1477 (They called my cell phone)

The person told me that this was the second and final phone call regarding the extended warranty on my car. I was like ok - So he said that I am still eligible for the extended warranty and that if I wanted it, they would transfer me to a supervising agent. I said - Ok

So they put me on hold.

Then a person comes on and says that he needs the make and model and year of my car - - so I lied and said it was a Toyota Camry 2004. Then he wanted to know the mileage. I said it has about 30,000. Then he wanted to know my zip code. So I gave him the zip code for the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He then asked me for my name. I told him I am Then he needed my phone number (I pretended to not realize they should have this information) So I gave them my skype # (which is a San Francisco # LOL)

So they told me to hold on a second that the computer system was slow - they put me on hold.

Then my phone dropped the call.

Damn it!!!!

Anyway - do you guys think these people were trying to scam me? Or legitimate business that I just wasted about 5 minutes of their time?

(I BSed a lot and said I had to hold on to look for papers to get the exact information - pretended to have to find my phone number since I never dial my own # - - LOL - so I wasted time....)

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's an annoying extended warranty company.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved from General Chat to Misc. Scams.

Yes, it is a scam. These people send out "warranty" postcards as well. I received one from them and I never took any kind of warranty out on my car other than the manufacturer warranty. They said that my 'extended warranty' was going to expire. Interesting...

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
horseman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it is a scam. you may like to go to www.ConsumerReports.org for their December ,2007 page 21 about extended warranties. most are worthless. this is a scam
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like a scam, especially as they claimed to be your warranty company but didn't have any of your info.

I used to work for a large communications company and got about 5/6 calls a day from customers who got calls like the one above which were completely fake! (we knew they were fake as they occasionally called new customers who only had the manufacturers warranty, and had only been customer for a few months) I always urged them to claim they couldn't talk at the time and get the companies contact details so we could mess them about.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent in a legitimate response using the details for a Chrysler product that was just about to drop out of the warranty period. Since it took 5 transmissions and controllers, 7 recalls, 2 antilock brake computers, three fuel pumps, 3 or 4 starters, a power booster pump, and all sorts of other crap to get to that mileage I figured I should check out the cost. I never received a reply.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have only gotten these in the mail. Also, soliciting over a cell phone is illegal.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yeah I get this call once A week, sometimes twice a week. From that same number and some others, like 610 area code.

I didn't know it was a scam, I just always hung up.

Next time, it's gonna be on like donkey kong! suckas! ha
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic