SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone up for the Web Scam-bait Olympics

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone up for the Web Scam-bait Olympics

I have been scam-baiting for years although I am new to this site and I have also had my fair-share of of scam emails over the years.

Usually I delete them, but then this site inspired me not too and so now I engage the scammer in pointless dialogue with no possible outcome at all.

To that end I wondered what people thought of the idea of having an official "Scam-bait" Olympics.

Point would be awarded for the longest scam or the silliest thing that we can get a scammer to do.

I am willing to listen to all such ideas and as this site correctly points out, whilst we are wasting their time, they are not ripping off somesingle mother of her life-savings.

If anyone might be interested please let me know and see if we can get a judging comittee together or something.

Funny how the the internet has a way of regulating iteself doesn't it ?

cheers John

Last edited by johnmwwarks on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hullo & welcome to the site. There are already regular trophy challenges, posted in the stickies at the top of this forum http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Also, I suggest to read some of the stickies re. baiting tips and not signing your posts with your company name - otherwise we're having lad Olympics in Bristol next Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the concept and idea... It could be fun!

Welcome!

Take Luther's advice first and remove your company name, as a scammer easily has your address and mobile number which could prove useful Confused

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater! Very Happy

Interestingly, this is the name of the company that one of my lads has asked me to send money into a bank account for:

Quote:
More computer Solutions Ltd.
Shocked Shocked

Ray, is that you??? Shocked

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod Edit: Full requote of previous post removed. See it ^^^^

No it's not me mate i'm John and have been operating my company for around 20 years. I believe there are a lot of us with the same name though in different areas of the country. Thanks for the welcome. I just had another 419 contender from "Suleman Zubari" I had this one the other day too now to get down to bating the idiot !!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I should have used a laughing emoticon at the end of my post to let you know I was kidding. If I thought my lad had really showed up here, I'd be hitting the "report this post" button and asking the mods to hide the thread about him. Laughing

Welcome again, enjoy your baiting. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yes nearly forgot I may have a publisher who is warming to the idea of publishing something relating to Scams and Bating etc. I am not giving to many details at the moment but if any of you have some interesting submissions send me an email and I will add it to my own collection for publishing at some point in the future.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah yes, scambaiting books. We like scambaiting books, because unlike the website, I can read them in bed Wink Well, actually, I could using my iPod, but the screen's very small Sad
There is, of course, already this book and that book and then, there is also this e-book, which was published by another member of this site shortly after he joined up.
Like with lads, competition is the spice of life, though...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well hopefully if the person I am currently talking too says anything that might sound like a possible yes, you may well see personalised 419 loo-paper or tissues etc - watch this space
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

johnmwwarks wrote:
. . . . watch this space

Hi there johnmwwarks,
We'll ensure that our current membership of 22741 registered users 'watch this space'.
Since Eater started we've been waiting for someone to pop in with great ideas that we just hadn't thought about.

Welcome aboard, matey.
We await your publishing ideas with 'baited' breath. Wink

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - unnecessary full quote of post directly above has been removed, no need to quote it, we can see it just up there ^^^ - SP (edited to put this back in, someone removed my edit text, do not remove mod edits!)

Well nothing is certain yet but a couple of letter have been sent to a humour type publisher and a few calls made. The response was pretty good and there was quite a bit of laughing, especially at the thought of SCAM 419 loo-roll - 365 things to read on the loo. They liked it, so thats a start
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, John. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
johnmwwarks
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - unnecessary full quote of post directly above has been removed, no need to quote it, we can see it just up there ^^^ - SP

Thank you very much indeed ! Laughing
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Johnmwwarks, you removed my edit from your post above, which told you not to quote posts directly above your post, another mod also edited one of your earlier posts for the same thing, and now for the third time, you have quoted Sheboppes post in your post above, which has also been edited to remove the quote.

1) Do not removed mod edits

2) Do not keep quoting posts deliberatley in the style of a troll, do it again and you are gone!

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic