SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Garden

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you’re thinking…not another my garden thread. This one is different, I promise. For years I have been trying to hatch praying mantids for my yard. Every year I buy some egg sacks but I don’t think they ever hatched. The instructions say it needs to be 75 degrees or greater for up to 4 weeks. Even though I live in Southern California that is a tall order because there are days when there is overcast so I assumed that was the problem.

This year however, I came up with the genius idea to hatch them inside the house. No, this thread isn’t going where it sounds. I may be dumb but I am only as dumb as my wife allows me to be Smile

I placed the eggs inside a paper bag and put it in the kitchen window seal. Ha, three days later…I have babies. Take a look. Aren't they cute? Look at their little faces.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

These are the babies about three weeks later Smile Most are turning a very pretty shade of green.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

So far I have hatched six egg casings so they are in both my front and backyard. My 7 year old calls them “pray mites” Laughing

They are very friendly and don’t seem bothered at all by people being around. Some are more then happy to jump on your hand and just stare at you. If you spray a mist of water they will drink right off your hand.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Love the pics Ghost, you'll be aphid and insect free if they all survive there.

Well done on getting them to hatch!

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope they will be okay. It has been super hot lately. Usually in the 90's. Even now it's 3 AM and it's in the high 60's.

The eggs are sold at greenthumb which is a local store and the eggs are imported from the next town over.

The main thing I am worried about are the birds. So I turned into a crazy man who yells at the birds to stay away from his babies Laughing

Over the years I have seen a couple of large ones in the neighborhood but I assumed they came from the fields that were near by.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I have already bought and planted additional hedges and long leaved plants so they will have more places to make homes and find food.

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Baek Ðu San
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I know what you’re thinking…not another my garden thread.

Shocked I thought, that it was going to be another garden thread with pretty flowers! and what do I find lurking inside? praying mantises! O.O
...maybe it should say something about insects... @_@
Quote:
...Take a look. Aren't they cute?...If you spray a mist of water they will drink right off your hand.

puke puke

(◦_°●)O---('~' )o<sup><strike>419 四百十九</strike>!!!</sup>

백두산, 白頭山.
詐欺師との戦い!
Yay! I finally got a pony! ...Now, if I could only catch it! (⊃゚ヮ゚)⊃ pony

Closed lad accounts X13 x10 Senegal Senegal Senegal Nigeria Columbia Spain United Arab Emirates Canada United Kingdom United Kingdom United States x 12
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked
Quote:
you'll be aphid and insect free if they all survive there...

What are those things if they're not insects? Tiny green prancing ponies? Smile

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are actually surprisingly sweet little things. In a very predatory way. Smile They will eat good insects as well as bad, though, won't they?

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
They're cannibals, too, right? Cute as......

EDIT: Eeuurrgghh

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where is your shed?

A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Amazing Very Happy Very Happy

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is very cool.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaasvaak wrote:
Where is your shed?

Laughing
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonderful Ghost! I usually have some in the garden but have noticed there's not too many this year.. They are such a great natural pest control, that I'll certainly try the eggs.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice. I once keep two egg pods in the house for three weeks and then hung one in my back yard and one at my parent's place on the coast. I thought of doing what you did but heard that they would eat each other so I made sure that the trees that I hung them to were very tall and infected with aphids. My Mum called me the next year to tell of her babies all over the tree. Four years later, I brushed against my tree and picked up a 4 inch hitch hiker on my back.

You can tell if the eggs have hatched by looking very carefully at the tiny flaps on the pods. They look like scales.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, if you hatch them in a bag you have to check them everyday or they will start eating each other. You also need to poke several pin size holes in the bag for air.

Two more egg casings hatched today and the wife took them out to the backyard, gave them a drink of water then set them free in a large hedge.

So far I would estimate about 50% of all we hatched decided to stick around.
Eight wrote:

They will eat good insects as well as bad, though, won't they?

Yes. They will eat whatever they can catch. If they are big enough they will even eat baby mice.

Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Okay, maybe not so cute after all. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Watch the below video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhtHDK2K73A&NR=1

Don't worry it has a happy ending Smile I wouldn't post it other wise.

Shocked I doubt the one's I have will grow that large but I have let loose well over 800 babies in my yard.

These are the ones I have... Click and I don't care what any of you naysayers say. They are very cute Laughing

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great video!!

But the comments are even better:

Quote:

U GO MANTIS PWN THAT LITTLE BASTARD

I bet you the snake said, "HA HA! Nice try asshole!"

i wonder if a praying mantis wud win against a shoe...

mantis claws are incredibly strong. i reckon a mantis the size of a rhino could pick up a car

I am getting about 100 mantises for X-mas i am going to have them fight to the death

i wanna see that shit take on an anaconda

can a mantis take on a bug spray????
beat dat stupid mantis.....

Wow, thats just awesome. I so want one as a pet now, screw having a cat

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Don't worry it has a happy ending Smile

I doubt the mantis shares your view, having been denied its dinner. Laughing I can see, though, why you like them.

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mantises are way cooler than that crappy ant farm I had as a kid.
They look like aliens from another galaxy, man! Cool

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I grew up outside of the Bay Area- we had plenty of Manti when I was a kid.

My mom often let me bring them into the house and turn them loose....well, actually, she didn't notice them until they would start roaming around and then she would hunt them all down and return them outside, while mumbling about me under her breath.

She preferred them to the King Snakes, though. Laughing

By far, I think that they are one of the more useful and neat insects to have around...doodle bugs are pretty neat, too, though.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic