SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

A true douchbag! (Craigslist Escrow Scam)

View next topic
View previous topic

JanisJones
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy is willing to scam a woman out of money she needs to save her daughters life. Do these people have absolutely no conscience?

I finally bored of him... Below is his pathetic correspondence and proof of his stupidity.

----------

Date: June 10, 2008 10:28:22 AM EDT
To: Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: New Made In USA - Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel - $3500 (Downtown)
Reply-To: [email protected]

Yes it seems like my pal took a picture of another receipt.I phoned him and he understood to take a picture of the camera's receipt but he didn't know what camera.He said that he don't have the receipt anymore for the mark III canon.You can see from the tracking number and from the shipment invoice from UPS that I sent you a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel and you'll get this kind of camera.I'm sorry that I haven't payed atention on the receipt that I've sent you.Now please go and send the money, I asked you again and again and I told you that yesterday was the last day of my patience...What are you doing?Don't you really think that I'll report you and promote on google your details on fraud???I'll wait a coupple of hours more and if you won't send the money for the brand new camera that I've sent you(Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel) I'm going to UPS and do what I have to do!
I'm sorry again for the inconvenience of the receipt I sent you.
Waiting the transaction info...

--- On Tue, 6/10/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Re: New Made In USA - Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel - $3500 (Downtown)
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 11:53 AM

Carlos, I was looking at the picture of the receipt you sent me. Why does the warranty card say Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II? This is not the camera you are supposed to send me! Are you trying to scam me?? I'm interested in buying a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, not Mark II.

What is going on here?

How are you going to explain away this one?

On Jun 10, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Of course that this is a safe deal!Now please go and send the money and get back with the transaction details: sender's details, receiver's details, amount sent and MTCN.God is my withness because I have faith and I'm a serious man who also trust you!
You'll see that you'll get the brand new camera and you'll earn the money for your daughter.
Waiting the transaction details...
Thanks and I'm glad that this didn't mess down...
Best regards, I'm waiting!

--- On Mon, 6/9/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 10:15 PM

Are you sure this is not a scam? I'm leaving now to pay you. If you rip me off, I will not be able to afford my daughters operation and she may die.

Please assure me that you are for real.

On Jun 9, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
You'll see...I gived you all my trust and now you scammed me...This is the last try: are you going to send the money?Now it's day on your country and night on mine.It's not too late to send the money via Western Union to my name and address and we'll complete the deal tomorrow when I'll confirm the payment.It's your choice!
Regards...

Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 7:49 PM

How do you know my name?

On Jun 9, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Ok you'll get reported and please check your name and address on google in a few days ok?on FRAUD section...

Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 4:44 PM

So I can't see the name on the receipt, I can't see the name on your ID. You can't prove you are who you say you are, but you want me to send you $3500, right?

Just checking that this is where we are...

Too bad too, because I was all ready to send the money.

Don't contact me anymore unless you have proof of ID. Okay?

I have a seller in England that offers me just as good of a deal.

On Jun 9, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
I've blocked the name because the camera wasn't bought by me!The name which is written on the receipt is my friend's name and he told me when I talked with him about the selling of the camera that he wants his privacy and his name shouldn't appear on the receipt.Why didn't you asked me in the firts place this?I was willing to send you the copy of my ID but I've changed my mind like I told you once...So please go and send the money for the camera because today is the last day I will be a nice person!I usualy trust people and I've trusted you so if you really want the camera then send the money on my name and address.Again, I won't send you any ID copy untill you send the money.
I gived you my word that if you will send the money I'll go and take a copy of my ID and attach it to you.
Waiting your answer...Hope with the details for both's confort.
Regards

Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 12:25 PM

The picture of the receipt. I notice you block off your name. Why did you do that?

If you really want to know, that is why I want to see ID.

On Jun 9, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
I can see what the problem is...I don't know why do you want my ID and why I have to prove you that this is who I am!You have my name on all the papers from UPS, I payed the shipping charges to your address, I really don't know why you need my ID.Anyway I won't copy it to you.I was willing to send you a copy but from what you've said that you won't send the money before you have my ID copy I changed my mind.Today is the last day I'm asking you to send the money so you can get the camera and to make this deal happen.I trusted you but you didn't and you still don't!
So ARE YOU GOING TO SEND THE MONEY FOR THE CAMERA I'VE SENT YOU?I feel forced to report you at UPS and your name and address on google...EUR 175 isn't a little for me...
Please go to a Western Union Branch like we talked and send the money on my name and address and get back with the transaction details so you can get the camera.This is the last mail I'm asking you...
Wish you the best!

--- On Sun, 6/8/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 11:43 PM

I can't understand what the problem is. If you are who you say you are, this should be a simple request for you to prove your identity.

How hard is it to take a photo of your ID?

On Jun 8, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
You are a bad woman.That's why I'm explaining your problems because you just did me only bad...I've lost my time and money just trusting you!You are a bad bad bad woman!I'm asking you for the last time to send the money because I won't send you a copy of my personal ID.I really don't know what you might doing with it!
The last time, are you going to send the money?I'm going to report you and your address to UPS and if I can do something by law because I've just lost my money for you!And for nothing because probably you don't have the money for the camera and probably you might do something bad with my ID.
Waiting your final answer...

--- On Sun, 6/8/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 12:15 AM

Like I said, if you can not be bothered to buy (or borrow) something as simple as a USB cable in order to send me a picture of your identification, there is no deal.

Send it, otherwise the deal is off.

I can not send the money without proof of ID.

On Jun 7, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
It's no need for you do do nice things just to send the money so we can have the deal so we can be both satisfied.So please now go and send the money ok?I promissed you that I'll give you a copy of my personal ID and I always keep my word like you have seen before.I was prompt with the shipping and the receipt.I'm a honnest man so please go and send the money now ok?
Waiting info...

--- On Sat, 6/7/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 10:54 PM

How much does a USB cable cost?

Let's just add that to the $3500.

I will buy it for you, okay?

On Jun 7, 2008, at 6:44 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
I can't get the picture from the phone because I don't have a USB for my phone don't you understand?And I don't have a scanner home...Don't tell me that you don't want the camera anymore...Please!I payed almost EUR 150 from my pocket for nothing???Please go and send the money for the camera.I promise that I'll make a copy of my ID tomorrow or Monday and I'll send it but I can't do it now!
Please send the money...I'm waiting here for a few days, time when I could possibly find another customer for the camera but I've trusted you and now what are you doing?

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 10:13 PM

If you can't be bothered to send me a simple picture of your ID, then forget it!

You are selling a top of the line camera, am I to believe that is the only camera you own? LOL

On Jun 7, 2008, at 6:02 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
If you have the money and you really want the camera could you please go and send them over?I'm waiting for a coupple of days here for you to decide...I trust you in the first time to ship the camera and now you want my ID copy for you to be sure!I told you that I don't have an USB for my phone...Also shipping internationally a camera worthing at least $4000 isn't a small thing too so please go and send the money if you really want the camera!My name is on all the papers from UPS what more do you need?
Please I'm begging you, go and send the money for the camera because I've payed almost EUR 150 for the shipping.Please don't make me wasting my money and time...
Waiting your info...

-- On Sat, 6/7/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 9:45 PM

Listen, I have the money right here, and I'm ready to send it. Sending $3500 INTERNATIONALLY is no small thing! If you can't bother going through the TROUBLE of sending me a SIMPLE PHOTO of your ID, then I'm not sure if I want to continue this deal...

I'm not asking for you to produce the Holy Grail! Just a pic of your ID. Jeez!

On Jun 7, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Oh my God!What's this?!?Please go and send the money so you can get the camera...My name and address are on UPS's shipment invoice, where do you think it's comming from?Don't you think this is more than ridiculous???In first place I don't have an USB for my phone and second would you send to someone a copy of your ID?Anyway this isn't a problem because I see that you're finding a lot of problems during this transaction...I've sent you un-numbered proves that this is a legal and safe deal...So I'm asking you DO YOU WANT THE CAMERA OR HAVE YOU MADE ME PAY THE SHIPPING TAX AND ALL THE PAPER WORK TO UPS AND MY TIME FOR NOTHING???
Please if you are a serious buyer go and send the money for the camera...
Thanks

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 7:01 PM

You can't take a picture of your ID!? Why not?!!

On Jun 7, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Hello Jessica,
I understand that you are worried and you have your problems but I think this is a little bit ridiculous.Yes of course this is me!I can't scan my ID now.You have my full name and address how can this be a problem do you really think I'm using a false name on my camera and on where you to send the money?Please do not think this way with bad things or car crashes PLEASE!Please go and send the money on my name because here in Italy is almost evening and UPS is closing in a few hours.Please trust me because I trust you and I promise that nothing will happen with me and everything will go on exactly how I told you!Please go and send the money on my name and address and get back with the transaction details ok?
Waiting your info...

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 6:13 PM

This is you, right?

Carlos Popescu Virgiliu, Via Delle Scienza 10, 37139 Verona (VR), Italy
Do you have any identification? Obviously I'm putting a lot of trust in you, and I want to make sure you are the same person to whom I'm sending the money.
Can you take a picture of your ID (passport, drivers license, etc...)
I took the money out of the bank again and will head to the Western Union this afternoon, once you prove you are who you say you are.
Sorry to be a pain, but what if something happened to you between when you get the money and when you send notification to UPS. What if you get killed in a car accident or something?

On Jun 7, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
I have a contract at UPS that I signed so I have to pay the money so the package can start moving and if I don't pay the money I will get in front of the law.The package with the brand new camera is waiting for the payment confirmation so please go and send the money so you can get the camera.I'm still waiting for the info...
Thanks

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 2:40 PM

What is to keep you from just keeping the money and never giving it to UPS?

On Jun 7, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
After the payment will be confirmed the UPS team will start moving the package at your address.I have to deposit the money to UPS so the verified agent from there can give you the money back if you don't like the item.But I'm sure that we'll have no problem returning the money back because the camera is brand new.Ok then, please mail me with the transaction details as soon as possible ok?
Thank you very much...
Regards

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 1:39 PM

Sorry, I got off work late and the Western Union was closed. I have to run some errands this morning and I'll stop by the Western Union on my way back. Okay?

What will happen after you receive payment?

On Jun 7, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Hi Jessica,
What's going on?When do you finish working?Please go and send the money so you can get the camera on Monday.Mail me the transaction details I've asked ok?
Waiting...
Best regards

--- On Fri, 6/6/08, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Friday, June 6, 2008, 6:04 PM

Okay, cool... This looks legit. (You can't be too careful these days)

I'll send the money right after work today. How long will it take for me to get the camera??

Will I have a chance to look the camera over and return it for refund if there is something wrong with it?

Sorry for being a pain... but this is a lot of money, and I hope to shoot some weddings with this camera to help pay for my daughter who needs an operation (she has leukemia).

- Jessica

Hello,
Yes I have the best friend in the world!Look, I've went to UPS and they take a picture of the receipt from the package to see that the camera was not stollen or anything like that.I've attached the pic.Now please go and send the money so I can confirm the payment to UPS so they can give you the camera.
Please mail me with the details I've asked ok?
Waiting your info...
Thanks

--- On Thu, 6/5/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 12:29 PM

Your friend bought you an $8,000.00 camera as a gift? Wow. that either must be some friend, or this is starting to sound fishy. either way should either have or be able to get a copy of the receipt. Let me know. I want to redeposit this money, if you can't produce a copy of the reciept.

On Jun 5, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
My best friend bought it for me when he traveled the states.Please don't worry because the item isn't stolen!This is his his gift for me but like I told you I want a Sony camcorder and selling this one I can get one from here.So please go and send the money to my name and address so UPS can give you the camera ok?
Waiting info...
Kind regards

--- On Wed, 6/4/08, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 9:13 PM

Where did you buy the camera from? Can you get a copy of the receipt from them? I have the $3500 in cash on me now, but I don't want to be walking around with this kind of money on me. So I'd like to send the money ASAP.

The Western Union near me is open until 8pm. I'd like to send the money before then...

How can I go get the orignal receipt from the package?I can't open it if I already sent it...You'll receive the receipt with the package.I placed it there along with the warranty receipt.Now please go and send the money so you can get the camera from UPS.
Waiting your info...
Thanks

Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 4:18 PM

So you don't have a copy of the receipt? If you did, I could send the money this afternoon...

There is no reason for you NOT to have a copy, unless it's stolen though, in which case, I'd rather not buy it.

Oh my God, don't worry because the camera isn't stolen!You'll see the market invoice on the camera's box.But now I have to know that you've sent the money or if you will go to send them so I can confirm the payment at UPS.
Regards

Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 2:44 PM

Do you have a copy of the original receipt?

I need to be careful that the camera is not stolen...

Like I told you the camera is an US model with US warranty.I think is better to sell it here than to ripp off the US warranty and I want for myself a Sony camcorder.
So have you sent the money?Please contact me with the details so I can confirm the payment to UPS ok?
Thanks

--- On Wed, 6/4/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 12:51 PM

Can I ask why you are selling the camera?

On Jun 4, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Hello Jessica,
Have you sent the money by Western Union on my name and address?IF you didn't sent them please go and find a Western Union Branch and send the $3500 on my name and address: Carlos Popescu Virgiliu, Via Delle Scienza 10, 37139 Verona (VR), Italy.
If you sent the money please give me the transaction details so I can go to UPS to confirm the payment so you can get the camera.I need this transaction details: sender's details, receiver's details, amount sent and MTCN.
Waiting your mail with the info so I can go to UPS to confirm the payment so you can get the camera.
Thanks in advance!
Carlos

--- On Tue, 6/3/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:52 PM

Okay, so what now? When do I get the camera?

On Jun 3, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Hello there,
What's happening?Have you verified the scans and the tracking#?You have to send the money so I can confirm the payment to UPS...What's happening?
Waiting info...
Thanks in advance

--- On Tue, 6/3/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:16 AM

okay:

Lindsey Lohan
519 Hudson St.
Apt 4E
New York, NY 10014

On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Thanks for the reply.I'll pack the camera at UPS, in front of a verified agent to be sure that what I'll write on the shipment is true and not maybe a box full of stones or anything like that do you get me?The camera is new and never opened from box you'll see this from the tracking# too!First I'll send the camera to you and I'll give you the tracking number, a scan of the shipment invoice that I'll complete and sign and a copy of the label from UPS to verify the item and the details before sending any money.After that you'll have to send the money (by Western Union, because it's faster or by bank account transfer if Western Union isn't safe for you) to confirm the payment in order to get the item moving to your address.
If you are still agree please contact me with your full name, address, phone number, city, country and zip code and I'll ship the camera to you.The verified agent will call you right before he arrives at your place with the package.After you check it, if you don't like it you'll get your money back but pay the shipping tax.
So are you interested?Waiting your reply...
Kindest regards
Carlos

--- On Mon, 6/2/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 12:42 PM

Sure, this sounds great... what next?

On Jun 2, 2008, at 5:27 AM, Carlos Bd Carlos wrote:
Hello there,
I live in Italy, do you accept shipping from here by UPS?The Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel is new in box, never opened and comes with 5 years warranty by manufactured, US warranty.The price for it is $3500.Are you still interested?
Waiting your reply...
Kind regards,
Carlos

--- On Sun, 6/1/08, Lindsey Lohan <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: New Made In USA - Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III 21.1 Megapixel - $3500 (Downtown)
Date: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 7:53 PM

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

I'm interested...

------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to:   

View next topic