SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

I won over a million US dollars?

View next topic
View previous topic

Augustus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the following in my email today. It seems to come out from the UK, and not Africa. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I think it is a scam (a big company like Carlsberg using email address of "[email protected]"?), but I cannot be sure.

Much as I wish otherwise, I doubt I won over a million US dollars (I tend to think in US$, apology to my British friends).

As I mention in my past post, I am not a scam baiter. So if any experts here in this forum can confirm with me this is a scam, please have fun with this one:

"Carlsberg Promotion Company" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients
Carlsberg UK Ltd, Jacobsen House
140 Bridge Street,
Northampton, NN1 1PZ

***PROMOTION NOTIFICATION***

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you of the Award of Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds (650,000.00 Pounds) from Carlsberg Beer &
Carlsberg Malta Company.This Promotion Award is to raise the profile of Carlsberg Beer & Carlsberg Malta Products consumer's
males / females in rural and urban Areas.

The online promotions email lists were generated from the World Wide Web. This promotion takes place annually to challenge and to take market share from the popular Dutch import beer. The tactics included live events, local campaigns and general buzz to establish the brand one neighborhood at a time in major urban / rural Areas.Your Email Ref Number falls within our European booklet representative's office in United Kingdom . In view of this, your Award of Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds Sterlings (650,000.00 Pounds Sterlings) will be released to you by our payment office in United Kingdom, Our United Kingdom Project Manager will commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him,find below the contact details.

Mr. Edward Phil
Processing Director.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 70457 24289

He will brief you on steps to be taken for due processing and remittance of your prize money. File in for your Claims by

Furnishing your Fiduciary Agent the information below.

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

1.FULL NAMES:____2.ADDRESS:____City____State____
Postcode____Country____3.SEX:____4.AGE:____5.OCCUPATION:____6.TELEPHONE NUMBER:____

Choose your claims option:
1.Courier Dilivery
2.Bank to Bank Transfer

Sincerely,
Mrs. Dianne Thompson
Online Coordinator,
Carlsberg Beer & Malta Breweries
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

100% lottery scam format. Sorry, mate Wink

Edit: Ow, and Carlsberg beer is not Duch either, I think it's Danish. Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Augustus.

Thank you for asking. As Dutchbait says, 100% scam. A few good rules of thumb- you can't win a lottery that you have never entered, and if it sounds too good to be true....well, I'm sure that you know that one. Wink

Quote:
It seems to come out from the UK, and not Africa.

Lastly, don't be mislead by that- advance fee fraud and scammers are on all of the continents, not just one.

Edit: Well, I've never seen one from Antarctica, so six of the seven.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Google search for "Carlsberg Malta Company" returns these results all of which are similar emails - there are no legitimate hits, because the company name is wrong. Also, nobody calls the UK currency sterlings, and it is illegal in the UK to levy any kind of charge or fee for claiming winnings from a lottery or competition of any kind.

Welcome to the Eater, and congrats on spotting the scam and checking it out. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Augustus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to dutchbait, Tsnerd, and Eight for confirming my suspicion. Yeh, I knew it was too good to be true. But thanks for confirming for me nevertheless.

Since I am not a scam baiter, if anyone is interested in taking a crack at wasting some of their time (ie baiting them), anyone is welcome to take up on this one.

Once again, much thanks for your support.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic