SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

UK members (BT Total Broadband Anywhere)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have any UK members upgraded to BT Total Broadband Anywhere?

I currently pay £24.99 per month for BT Broadband option 3, but if I upgrade to the Anywhere at £29.99 per month, I get this free HTC S620 Mobile Smart Phone - PDA - WiFi - BLUETOOTH - WINDOWS, I have seen the item advertised at anywhere up to around £300, although BT claim it's worth £150, so for the sake of an extra £5 a month, might be worth it.

The specifications:

http://www.htc.com/europe/product.aspx?id=15752

Quote:
Processor TI's OMAP™ 850, 201 MHz
Platform Windows Mobile® 5.0 for Smartphone
Memory ROM: 128 MB
RAM: 64 MB DDR
Dimension 111.5 mm (L) X 62.5 mm (W) X 12.8 mm (T)
Weight 130g with battery
LCD Type 2.4" TFT-LCD
320 X 240 with 65,536 colors
GSM/EDGE GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900

(Available frequency bands in which the device will operate on depend on the cellular network)
Connectivity Bluetooth® 2.0
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB and audio jack in one)
Camera 1.3 Megapixels
Audio Built-in microphone and 3-in-1 speaker
Headphone: AMR/AAC/WAV/WMA/ MP3 codec
Battery Rechargeable Li-Ion/Li-Ion polymer battery
Capacity: 960 mAh
Standby time: Up to 220 hrs
Talk time: Up to 5 hrs
Expansion Slot microSD™ memory card
AC Adapter AC input/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60Hz
DC output: 5V and 1A

Just wondering if anyone upgraded and what's the phone/PDA like, any good? I have rad reviews, but I would like to hear from someone I know/trust. rather than an unknown reviewer.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only used HTC made windows phones since the very first one came out, and now couldn't live with anything else. They are wonderful.

Having said that... ehm... how to put this? The phones deserve windows and windows deserves the phones. Every single one has had some kind of minor flaw in terms of both software and hardware.

My current one has a really irritating bug where it remembers old alarm time settings and keeps using them as well as what any new ones you've put in, and its too easy to knock the microSD memory card out by accident.

Last one had a dust behind the screen and answering machine msg notifications failing to appear / failing to go away problem.

One before that had a battery cover falling off and volume turning itself to silent without saying it had problem.

One before that had a failing to notice you've pulled the headset out and crashing frequently problem.

And etc...

But I really love them as phones, they are the ultimate in boys toys. I really couldn't live without one anymore...

I'd have a look round the forums at modaco.com to see if there's anything there on it - it's generally reliable and has info from both sides!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic