SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

At last.. My very first Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Terra
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what I should post here really (being a total novice) but they asked for a copy of my passport which I duly sent them.. Of course it was just the 'cover' Laughing

Now they apologised for not explaining properly, so I shall find a HUGE .dll and send that...

"DR PATRICK MAUMELA
HEAD OF OPERATIONS,ATM CARD PAYMENT SYSTEM
DEBT SETTLEMENT COMMISSION,
SOUTH AFRICAN RESERVE BANK
370 CHURCH STREET,PRETORIA,
E144QJ REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA.
EMAIL: [email protected],
[email protected]
DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER: +27-735354136,
FAX:+27-785457043

Attention Mr Tony Blythes

How are you today? I called your telephone but you were not available to pick the call,i dropped a message in your answering device.

We read through your email and got your passport but what we need is the page where your picture and the passport information appeared in your passport. This is to re-confirm your identity with the the particulars you sent to us.We are sorry we did not specify that.

Do that immediately for us to send your payment information and ATM configuration number to you.
We await your urgent response.
Yours Faithfully
Dr.Patrick Maumela."

Anyone have a fake UK passport I can borrow Laughing

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't send them a fake passport, they could use it in the future to fool potential victims. Send them a DLL, or something so blurry they can't see it, they'll tire of asking for it eventually.

My personal favourite is to tell them that i've attached the picture when I haven't.

Terra
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I'd never send them anything they can use, never worry about that Wink

I sent them a rather large .dll file that I renamed.. I now have a copy (fake) of a passport that I am going to print 'COPY' over the vital info, then resize it to about 10x10pix. Maybe 5x5!

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Gomer has some nice Passporty things in his sig line, if you can track him down.

bill mcdill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I start with sending them nothing, this is good for 3-5 emails (followed by questioning the lad's computer as to why he can't see the attachment), followed by a number of .dll's (again asking why he can't open the file when I clearly can), after this we start in on a few fuzzy .jpgs, then I go to MTCN S3cur3 and finally the new slow loading page modality. Throw in 10-20 trips to western union and the time it takes to get there and back, I would say you can string a lad on for at least 2 months. Ahhh, that is fun Wink

United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana Ivory Coast Russia United States Canada Switzerland Ukraine Netherlands Saudi Arabia Benin United Nations Australia Austria Ireland Spain Germany Italy France Malaysia Portugal Brazil South Africa Sweden Thailand China Japan Bulgeria
pyramid x4 Mortar x5
Safari J03L Akum14h - Accra to Tamale and back again (co-bait with Kurat)
"So if i may ask,who bangs you?" J03L Akum14h
"I like a chicken. I shall tell about it somehow." S4tty
"In fact, our correspondent is almost arrested by the security agent for bringing in fake information" Barrister W0ngM@rtins
"hey what fuck are u don't reply bul sheet go to heal" Mr. Samuel (a jilted love lad)
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rackham wrote:
Don't send them a fake passport, they could use it in the future to fool potential victims.

Quote:
Of course it was just the 'cover' Laughing

If it was just the cover, it can't be used against potential victims. I'm taking it that was the outside cover, not the inside of the cover.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry not nothing over lad's and their passport requests. That's often just a formality that they think makes them look more not-so-scammerish. I've sent many lads scrambled images and dll's, and so far none of them have even noticed. While it's good to ask why they need such passport (their answers are predictable but still funny), the only thing the lads accomplish when they press for a copy is causing themselves more pain.

I actually did the "we don't need no steenking badges" routine one time, and tried "you don't need to see my identification" a few other times, and the lads just accepted my explanation and moved on. Nowadays, I just ignore the topic once I've had my fun with it. They only care about the Western Onion part anyway, so they're happy to drop it and proceed to the next stage of their evil little scheme. If they knew how much trouble they were causing themselves, they'd drop that part tomorrow. Lucky for us, scammers are not the most innovative people out there.

Whether you send your lad a "passport" copy or not, don't let that stop you from asking for HIS identification! He'll fall in line: Lads love being asked for verification. Anything that adds just one more thing before he gets paid is fair game.

It looks like you've read the stickies (or at least scanned through them in great detail) and know how to bait safe, so I guess all that's left is maybe sign up for a mentor and have fun. It's good to have you aboard, and it looks like your lads are going to rue the very day they met you!

If you need me for anything, just follow the trail of empty beer cans. May the Farce be with you, and welcome to the Eater!
Terra
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If it was just the cover, it can't be used against potential victims. I'm taking it that was the outside cover, not the inside of the cover.

Oh definitely, don't worry Wink

Thanks for the offer Obi-wan, I have a mentor thank you Very Happy I may call on you sometime in the future though.

I love this!

Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>I like to send them this in the body of the email....

<passport.jpg>

not my fault they can't open it. They need to install the latest version of Windoz Vista.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic