SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Strange Things On My Lawn...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No really. I've seen all sorts of things on my lawn... dandelions, bald patches, twitch-grass, creepy-charlie, all sorts of stuff. For the past couple of years though, this green carpet from outer space has been taking over. It's definitely a creeping weed, low-level stuff with little white-blue flowers. Any lawn care experts in the room know a) what the F this is and b) how to get rid of it?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x242/LosstJedi/C053108_1838_00.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x242/LosstJedi/C053108_1839_00.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x242/LosstJedi/C053108_1840_00.jpg

The photos are pretty crappy, but the weed doesn't look a whole lot better in reality. Get this... the stuff will stay green all winter too.
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you try smoking it?

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could have "Germander Speedwell" (Veronica chamaedrys), looked it up.

Likes damp soils, flowering period April - June

Control
Hand weeding is practical if only a few plants are present, otherwise chemical control is necessary. You must choose a selective weedkiller which contains
ioxynil as well as dicamba or mecoprop. Treat the lawn in March before the flowers have appeared; add a squeeze of washing up liquid to the weedkiller solution in the watering can. Use a grass box when mowing.

The secret is to apply it early in the season and to drench the leaves thoroughly.

Information from "The Lawn Expert" by Dr.D.G.Hessayon.

Hope this helps or its a hands and knees job, have fun. Smile
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd go with root's suggestion.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recommend Napalm! Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with root also. Razz

This is the only type of Speedwell that I know.............

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did I try smoking it? Just what kind of harebrained thrill-seeker do you think I am that I would stoop so low as to... well maybe I did just once. And I've had worse. But that's not important!

Anyway, I believe it turns out that my mystery plant from outer space is actually called common chickweed or mouse-ear. Other than the fact that it's completely taking over my lawn, it's completely harmless and in fact has many benefits. Since I can't mow it or smoke it however, I'm inclined to go with Donato on this one. It's napalm time!

See, the town I live in is secretly ruled by noisy, righteous enviro-hippies who have seen to it that any effective use of chemical weed control (ie blanket spraying) is banned. These people protest everything from red meat to clubbing baby seals to letting your car idle for 2 minutes, and every time somebody fires up a gas lawnmower they have a sit-in and chant "what about the children" while drinking dandelion tea. Strangely, they're heavily opposed to any legislation regarding drug control. Go figure. (Most of these people are our would be lad-huggers too, so I can pick on them and get away with it in here.) I'll just have to commit my chemical warfare under cover of darkness!
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chickweed is a staple diet of the good old wood pigeon

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/w/woodpigeon/index.asp

what you need to do is buy some plastic decoys and wait for some woodies
to join in and feed off the chickweed.if enough join your decoys they could
eat it all in hours.

if you choose to(i am not advocating killing the bird) shoot some of the woodies with a air rifle and eat them.

sorted

Cool

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, all that stuff in your lawn is a secret message from the aliens. Good luck decoding it.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What you've got there is one of the many varieties of Birdsfoot Trefoil, of which there are a dozen or so.
I won't continue to give you a horticulture lesson. Smile
Check it out.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I bet a goat would eat it.

Smile

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
LhardonC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess nick rootuser refers to the mimosa hostilis root, not an admin account...
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ No, it actually does refer to the admin-account. Explanation also given in that "story behind your username" thread. Wink

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well if anybody has a spare goat or a few English woody-pigeons, I guess I can keep the earth-hippies happy. Very Happy Not only is it (mostly) indestructible, but it goes nicely in salads, relieves ulcers and skin rash, and does marvelous things for the soil. I almost feel like I should like the stuff.

As it turns out, you can actually cook this stuff with a propane torch and it'll still grow. Maybe I'll harvest it and... nah I'm gonna get all apocolypse on the stuff tomorrow!
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You should sell it to those hippies you got around your place.
Do it like those "pluck your own strawberries"-farms, they pay and then are allowed to clear your garden of that stuff.
Afterwards you got rid of that crap, you have made a few bucks, you made the hippies happy and they got something to smoke...

Mortar

pony pony
Boston George
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can try my method of weed control......it works quite well.

Pictured below is a handy little item I picked up at a yard sale.

As you can see in the foreground......all my weeds are gone.

Maintaining this "clean" look only requires a light scraping once a month.

No chemicals......no back-breaking labour.......and the neighbourhood kids think it's cool when I let them ride on top of the blade. Very Happy

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Budgerigars LOVE chickweed too. A bit more ecofriendly than a nuclear holocaust but probably less practical.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ And less fun!

And since we've learned through Indiana Jones 4 that you can easily survive a nuclear blast in a fridge there's also no health-problem...

Mortar

pony pony
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You might lose a blade of grass or two though .. I do advise a bit of fertilizer afterwards ..

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic