SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a new format?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
AEarhart51
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lately, I've gotten 3 emails from lads admitting they are in Nigeria, informing me that I've been scammed by other Nigerians, but that THEY, of course, are the real deal, will set things right and will not scam me.

That information was gleaned from this bit of gibberish:

Mail: [email protected]

FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009,
Our Ref: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/0

FROM THE DESK OF
SENATOR DAVID MARK
SENATE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA

IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT/ CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009

Attn: BENEFICIARY,

On behalf of the entire members and staffs of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the senate house of Nigeria, I sincerely apologies for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences that we might have indulge you through.

However, this resulted from some minor problems with our payment system, which is inexplicable, and this have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration to devote our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign contract payments. (Pardon?)

And due to scamers and impersonators, your payment was handed over to my desk for the final release to take place this year.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's in the ballpark of an ASEM... they're half hoping that the recipient has been part of a scam before, and half thinking that even if the reipient hasn't, he'll be interested in taking money that is due to someone else.
It could also be regarded as a recovery scam, where the scammer heavily relies on the fact that the victim has been taken before.

It's kind of between the two really, it would become clearer with more of his script.

Niether are new formats, but they're certainly less common than your common or garden variety 419.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
ronco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would definitely start to bait him. Let him know that you have sent large amounts of money in the past and you don't know why it hasn't worked out. Your heart tells you that it cannot be a scam but from seeing his email they must have been. So now you are very glad that you have found someone trustworthy that you can deal with.

Hopefully, however, he should understand your cautiousness-perhaps he can join your church to show that he is indeed legit. I've heard of this TWAT that always needs new people to enter.

"JUST COME OUT STRAIGHT AND STOP BEATING BY THE BUSH, I KNOW $8000 IS A LOT OF MONEY" - Kelly-The famous zebra scammer Easter Egg 2012
AEarhart51
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't reply directly to that email, since it came in my real, ISP based email, with my real name.

Perhaps I can reply from another anonymous addy though.

I've never really baited, but this could be interesting. He'll have to prove he's legit to Amelia Earhart!
ronco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you pick up from a new email address it shouldn't be a problem at all. Just set up a simple free email (gmail is a popular one) and bait safely. Make certain to give no personal details when you sign up for the email.

Read the stickies if you haven't baited before on ideas and safe baiting. Also it would be a good idea to sign up for a mentor.

But as always have fun with it and be sure to waste their time and cause them as much frustration as possible!

"JUST COME OUT STRAIGHT AND STOP BEATING BY THE BUSH, I KNOW $8000 IS A LOT OF MONEY" - Kelly-The famous zebra scammer Easter Egg 2012
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic