SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

moneygram scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
doe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whats the deal with getting ur friend to do a transfer in ur name? DO they
then fake my details to collect the transfer?

Quote:
Our company will be honored to have you like guest to London. Also it will be no problem to come to our show-room see the car, make a drive-test and pay us in cash, but to start preparing the car papers ( temporarly insurance of the car + export registration number plates ) and to keep the car for you until you will be to London we request the following steps to be completed :

- You have to go to any MoneyGram (www.moneygram.com) office in your city with a person (wife , brother , friend etc....)
- You must complete a Money Sending Paper where you must write :
* Sender of the money information ( this will be your wife or brother or friend information) * Receiver of the money information ( this will be your information )
* On the receiver of the money city and country you must write London/United Kingdom so you can be able to pick-up the money from here
* Amount of the money 3000 EURO
- You will give the money to the MoneyGram agent and he will give you the paper of transfer ( receipt of transfer )
- You send us the scan paper of transfer

Be aware that you will not transfer us any money. We will not be the receiver of them. You will be the only one who can pickup the money from United Kingdom.

You will come to London , see the car and if you will like it we will go with you to MoneyGram office and you will pick-up the money that your friend or wife wired and pay us in cash. Also the rest of the money you can pay in cash or international check , money order etc...
In this way you are protect because we can't pick-up the money because we are not the receiver of it and also you are 100% sure that we will keep the car for you until you will come and also the most important you will not come for nothing.

We hope that you understand the process

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't seen that one before but I would think that's the most likely scenario - either that or they show you a car that isn't theirs and then you hand over the money - probably more risky so I'd go with the first option.
I really don't know - maybe someone else has seen it before?
Option 2 does seem a bit pointless as you could just draw the money out of the bank.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't seen this one either, but I get a few things out of it.

Quote:
Be aware that you will not transfer us any money. We will not be the receiver of them. You will be the only one who can pickup the money from United Kingdom.

Step one to relax the victim and lay the groundwork to steer his mind away from "scam." Since the scammer won't be picking up the money from MG as scammers usually do, this looks like a distraction of the victim's possible attention to detail.

Quote:
You will come to London , see the car and if you will like it we will go with you to MoneyGram office and you will pick-up the money that your friend or wife wired and pay us in cash. Also the rest of the money you can pay in cash or international check , money order etc...

Again reassuring the victim that everything is above board. If it is actually above board, why harp on it? Step two to reassure the victim and pave the road for the actual scam to take place.

Quote:
In this way you are protect because we can't pick-up the money because we are not the receiver of it and also you are 100% sure that we will keep the car for you until you will come and also the most important you will not come for nothing.

Reassuring yet again that no money will be wired that would signal that a scam is taking place. I see this as a variation of the usual "send the payment for the car by MG" modality, and is designed to groom the victim instead of put him or guard. It's kind of like setting off a grenade on the other side of town to distract LE, then robbing a store while they are tied up at the grenade blast. This actually happened in one California town that I lived in.

Total distraction from what was really going on.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
doe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think its the same as the craiglist post, http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137902

I have had a few of these off www.mobile.de
The cars are priced cheap. But all the emails are the same and lead me to believe there must have a way of making collection. I think i will provide my next victim with WU receipt.

Quote:
hello,
You have to go to any Western Union office in your city with a person (wife , brother , friend etc....)- You must complete a Money Sending Paper where you must write :* Sender of the money information ( this will be your wife or brother or friend information) * Receiver of the money information ( this will be your information )* On the receiver of the money city and country you must write London/United Kingdom so you can be able to pick-up the money from here* You will give the money to the WesternUnion agent and he will give you the paper of transfer ( receipt of transfer)
You send me the scan paper of transfer Be aware that you will not transfer us any money. We will not be the receiver of them. You will be the only one who can pickup the money from United Kingdom. You will come to London , see the car and if you will like it we will go with you to WesternUnion office and you will pick-up the money that your friend or wife wired and pay us in cash. Also the rest of the money you can pay in cash or international check , money order etc...In this way you are protect because we can't pick-up the money because we are not the receiver of it and also you are 100% sure that we will keep the car for you until you will come and also the most important you will not come for nothing. We hope that you understand the process . We wait for your e-mail.
Thank you and you have nice day

And another

Quote:
Hello,

Look how we can make this deal , because I have tried to find the best
solution for the both of us. It's very hard for me to take a break from
my work,
but look how we can make this deal: I think that the best solution is
that you will come here in UK and we can make the deal face to face, in
person.
I think this is the best solution for the both of us. But to be sure
that you are a serious person and I will come in UK at home for a real
deal,
you will have to show me that you really have the money for this car and
you are a serious person, and you will come in UK to see the car, and I
will
not take the break from my work for nothing. To show me that you have
the money and you are coming in London even to get your money back, you
will have
to go with a friend at Western Union Service in your city.Your friend
will send the money from his name to your name, in London,UK.
This way you can be sure about your money, because only you can pick it
up, in UK(and when you are here, it's simple, because you can take the
money
from Western Union, here in UK, and pay me for the car, in person, with
cash).Please understand that when you will make the
transfer via western union they don't allow you to send the money from
your name to your name in London,United Kingdom(to use the same name as
the sender and the receiver)
because may cause some problems and maybe we will have also problems
when you will be in London and we will pick up the money from their
office and this is the reason that
you must take a friend or relative with you and he will send the money
from his name to your name in London,United Kingdom.The transfer must to
be like this:

sender name : your friend's or your relative's name
sender address : address of your friend or relative
receiver name : here will be your name
receiver address : London , United Kingdom

After you have made the payment by Western Union, you will send me the
scanned receipt ( paper ) they will give you. If the money are OK and
you are the
receiver, in Western Union, in UK, I will take a break from my work, we
will arrange to meet together and you will be able to see the car.
You must to understand my point, because I want to be sure that you will
come in United Kingdom and we can have a real deal, not just words.
When you will be here in UK, you will see the car , verify the papers
with the Police in London and you can see that is everything is OK.
After you see that the car is OK and you decide you want to buy it, we
will make the sale contract and the car will be on your name. After we
have made
the contract, we will go together at Western Union, you will take the
money, since the money are sent to your name and only you can take it,
you will give
me the rest of the money for the car in cash, like I have told you. I
hope that everything is clear and you can make a trip to United Kingdom
so we can
have a real deal. Probably this payment method it is not very familiar
to you, but I have to admit that it is most efficient process to go
through.
I need to tell you something and I hope you can understand me; if you
don't like the car, I will give you back the money for the plane
tickets, and also
I will give you back the fees that you have paid for the transfer by
Western Union.Please consider that Western Union has fees and if you are
bothered by those
I will deduct them from the price of the car.So please reply me soon,
and tell me if we can make the deal!My experience in the sale business
proved to me that quality is the key element to have a successful
business. Good faith and passion for winning has always
been my top priority and my most valued business approach.If you don't
know where you can find Western Union, in your city, please tell me your
city name, and I can find for you a location, where you can go and
arrange the payment. Please reply me soon!

Respectfully Yours,
Peter James Crumm
23 Old Gloucester Street, London, , WC1N 3AF

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure that it's quite the same as there's no mention of the 100% risky free escrow service (i.e., no web site). I still think they're aiming to collect your money themselves - it will be interesting to see how it turns out

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The scam is simple. They'll come to the MG and use fake ID's to pick up the money in your name.

Perhaps this can be baitable by 3m-t33-c33-3n s3c00re Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic