SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

janet jones anyone?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
snakebite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one contacted me through a dating site saying I was very handsome. While this is no lie I doubt a 26 YO would think so. We swapped a few emails through the site and wound up chatting on MSN IM. I tried the "what time is it, my clock is screwed up" trick but she didn't fall for it. Instead she asked me where I was which gave her all she needed. She claims to be from a rinky dink town in the outback of Ohio (very doubtful) her email is justluvup@hotmail etc. I tried tracing her email but I really dont know what I'm looking at. Btw, her English is perfect American usage.[/img]
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Snakebite. You should probably start with her email headers and copy and paste them in the box on this page here: http://headertool.apelord.com/

The last IP is usually where the sender is located. If it's anywhere else but where she says she is, it's probably a scam. Other than that, you haven't given much to go on for us to tell if she's a scammer.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
snakebite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for the tip. I tried what you suggested and I got no IP's. I had to break up the source doc into pieces cause it was too large but it said there are no valid IP addy's.

Here's the text of "her" email

"Hello Good Morning,How was your Nite? Hope you sleep well and dreamed of me. When I saw you for the first time on CS, so handsome and secure, I was amazed that my heart could still beat that hard, you were the most handsome gentleman my heart had laid eyes on in a very long time. Before being with you, I had heard of passion and love and seen it in movies; never dreamed that kind of emotion would ever come to me.After spending time chatting with you, I now know how real passion and love can be. You have opened my heart, and opened the gate to a new world for me. Did you know you had such a power?I must tell you it was so nice talking to you yesterday and i wish to talk to you more today.take good care of yourself and have a wonderful time ahead.Janet"

As you can see she is not your typical lad or at least whoever wrote that bit of prose isn't. Who knows, maybe she's legit. Do you think I should propose? Laughing
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You must not have gotten the full header. What email provider do you use? There are different ways of getting the header, depending on the service.

Also, it does seem very 'laddish'. No capitalizations on the I's and no spaces between sentences. They very often copy text originally written by an English speaker/writer, from all over the net, even emails sent to them.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Duckmeister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just ASEM'd to see if I get a rsponse.

Quote:
Hello.

I don't know how it happened, but I have your email address in my in-box??
My name is Grant, I am 35 years old - could you be looking for someone else and I got your address by mistake?
If so, I apologise for bothering you! If not - would you like to write to me, please? I work on an oil platform in the North Sea and apart from 130+ other men, I am lonely:)Smile

Sorry if I got this wrong.

If I get a reply, I'll do some checking Smile

Nigeria Benin United Kingdom Australia Malaysia Mortar x5

YOU WIL NEVER TOUCH MONEY AGAIN BITCH SEEUM THIS IS YOUR LAST MONEY UNTIL 2010, WATCH ... the erudite Barbara Johns0n, Bank Manager.

YOU AND YOUR FATHER AND FAMILY GO DIE FOR SUFFER , YOU GO DIE FOR CAR ACCIDNT BASTARD THIEF , YOU WANT TO USE THIS SYSTEM TO STEAL FROM DR D*****N ,
YOU GO DIE FOR POVERTY -Prince ben Oma

I THINK YOU DON SPOIL MY KOREA MAN WHEY WANT TO PAY ME 2,000$ WAIT FOR YOUR REWARD . NA SO NIGERIA PEOPLE DEY HUSTLE ? . I GO GET YOU DOWN , LET US WAIT AND SEE - Prince ben Omar (again)
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Snakebite, could you post the headers here for us to take a look at?

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

janet jones and "justluvup" get a quite a few hits as a scammer.
It's very typical of them to claim to be from a Western Country but will inevitably end up in Africa on business or to tend a sick parent.

is this her?

From Dayton Ohio? Laughing

http://www.mingles.com/justluvup

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
snakebite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No. "My" janet is black! I have 2 pics she sent me but I don't know how to post them sorry I'm not familiar with this site yet.

Mod edit - body of post snipped to fix major forum blowout. Most of it was HTML and useless code - SB
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked

That's not a header.. In your hotmail inbox, right click on the email you want to check. A small drop down menu appears. At the bottom is an option "View source". Click on that and the email will open in a new window with the header displayed.
Have a go and get back to us. Just shout if you need any other help.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Lotta Did you check out the "looking for" section? Laughing

# Age:30 to 99
# Max Distance From Me:20000 miles
# Marital Status:Divorced, Widowed or Separated
# Ethnicity:Caucasian or African American
# Religion:Christian, Muslim or Agnostic

When I have time I have got to try out a "Divorced, widowed and seperated enraged Agnostic Muslim of mixed parentage" modality . . . .
bobby kaye
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a Google search on some of the phrases, and came up with this from Lovingyou.com's library section

Quote:
My dearest Lawrence,

When I saw you for the first time, sitting in the pub, so handsome and secure, I was amazed that my heart could still beat that hard, you were the most handsome gentleman my heart had laid eyes on in a very long time. Before being with you, I had heard of passion and love and seen it in movies; never dreamed that kind of emotion would ever come to me.

Also used by a lad from Lagos, B3ck3r And3rs0n:

Quote:
Hi Princess.
Leslie, When I saw your profile on singlesnet.com for the first time, it was so pretty and secure, although beauty wasnt what I was searching for, I was amazed that my heart could still beat that hard, you were the most pretty woman my heart had laid eyes on in a very long time. Before knowing you, I had heard of passion and love and seen it in movies; never dreamed that kind of emotion would ever come to me.I still remember the way you made me feel the first day that we talk with your lovely and honest words

"HEY, WHAT THE HELL IS F**KINGLY WRONG WITH YOU...... Shen 'Hitman'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic