SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

We Are currently experiencing some problems

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also noticed that all my "special buttons" are missing. You know the ones I mean.

....actually everything looks fine. Will keep a sharp eye out. Thanks for the work, as always, Rover.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a process named 'Idle' slurping 97% of my CPU also .. Can you have a look at that when you're finished Rover? Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could we have some of this in a language I understand? Not more than 2 syllables in a word would help!

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup - I know about the high ascii problems - I upgraded the database. I will be upgrading it again shortly so I will only get to that issue once I have finished with all the upgrades.

You will notice another error...
Code:

Couldn't get mail server response codes

DEBUG MODE

Line : 116
File : smtp.php

Do not worry about that in the meant time. I have stopped the smtp server for a while. It will be fixed once we have all the upgrades complete.

@Began Steele - Reaper is just a shy dude - 2 posts is all he can muster. (I know I feel for his parents too... but what can you do ? ) Laughing

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
bh sterling
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i've been wanting to ask, is that ddos thing still banging at the door, or did they go away?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The SMTP error has been fixed.

@bh sterling - While the DDos has gone away - we still get "knocked" quite a bit. I.E "Scouting Machines" testing our security / system etc... just about every day. Most of it gets taken care of automatically - the rest is looked after by the mods.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
K[o]
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only thing I have noticed is that when I post I have to manually type in the codes for emoticons . Also if I want to quote something or make it bold I also have to manually type it instead of just hitting the button.

Cellphone Cellphone
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
"he/she has clearly made more than that."

Thanks for all the effort you put into eater, Rover. Very Happy

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
@rootuser - yup - I hate having stuff in there that we do not need Laughing

Yes, many distros, including Debian (I guess we're running on Debian here), load many modules that are not necessary. So in general I think it's a good idea.
Personally I like having a static kernel, as the stuff I usually put inside I need anyway. Stuff I don't need I also won't need as a module.

For those who don't understand this: It's just geek-gibberish and nothing that really is important to know for regular computer-use.

About the DDOS: Have you looked at the recent-module of IPTables? That's a really nice toy when it comes to stuff like that.
Will provide more info for a risky free MTCN... Wink

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dearest Rover,

Your mails is receipted, well understod and absorbed.

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<--- King of the technotards... now I hear members mention the DDos attack... that was well before I delivered some pizzas to this here tree fort and decided to learn the secrit hand shake. what was the DDos attack who did it, how, and what did it do, and what is it?

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a heads up - I am busy with more upgrades today - I am expecting some down time - it will be minimal though

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have two more upgrades to do that BOTH require a Linux server reboot. If the server is unavailable for five or 10 mins it will be due to this.

If you are getting any errors by this time tomorrow please report them to any mod or to me.

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm happy to announce that all the upgrades (for now) are complete.

The server is back and stable. I will be sorting out one or two minor issues over the next 24 hours!

Thank you all for your patience.

rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good job Rover.

As somebody also playing around with servers (and spending 5 hours on personal disaster-recovery last night) I know that it can sometimes be a headache.
This morning I actually feel like I've been drinking all night and had no sleep. I did sleep, and I didn't drink, so I guess killing the power from your PC while upgrading to Fedora 9 is a cheap way to feel quite wasted the next morning...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you <strike>Scotty</strike> er... Rover for giving 'er all you've got! Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Bosoman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Rover, have you considered putting a robots.txt in the root webdir on forums.419eater.com? That would prevent google from indexing these threads,
so the need to mask names and such would be less. robots.txt just needs two lines :

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

I know lads are usually too dumb to use google, but it has happened.

I just put a robots.txt on [email protected] after noticing how googlebot
kept so persistently trying to reload those darn images!

Cheers,

-B-
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See, I like the fact that I just log in to Eater and everything is just there for the reading! But I know it's just not that easy. Having recently upgraded my computer system at home all by myself (well OK all I did was hook up and configure my wife's new scanner), I've had a mild taste of what our mods/admins deal with on a daily basis.

Rover, I salute you for all the hard work you do! You might think that your efforts are like pissing yourself while wearing black (you get a warm feeling but nobody else really notices), but rest assured that you are appreciated around here!
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the kind words - although we have now completely upgraded the operating system (Now running Fedora 9 on our main server) I'm still fighting a tad with this frikken high ASCII problem that has raised it's head.

I cannot find a solution to it. If there is a mysql expert out there PM me on this one!

Apart from that issue I think everything is running just fine.

@Bosoman - we have a robots.txt (and have had one for years) - We want google to scan this text as it gets the message out on 419!

@Obi-W�n Knievel <---- I'm sorry your name looks like crap at the moment! - The moment I find a cure for it I will fix it! Laughing

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Bosoman, We want some parts of the site to be searchable (or findable)* by Google type search engines. It has helped victims of these scum to keep from getting scammed out of real dollars. It also helps some who have been scammed get support and help to get out of the cycle that scammers trap them in to extract money from them.

I am not an Admin or Mod, but I think that this answer will meet with their approval. Also, thank you for your thoughtful suggestion.

Also, Welcome!

*I kind of made up those words, but they get the point across. Real meaning, "able to be searched" and "able to be found". Very Happy

Edited to add: Drat beaten by the boss! Hi Rover. *waves*

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dont know whether this is anything to do with the server jiggery-pokery, but I cant send PM's. I would ask a Mod for assistance but - I cant PM ! They all just sit in my outbox Sad

help

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
PMs sit in your outbox until the recipient reads them. Try sending one to me, and we will see if your PMs are really broken. Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

now i just feel stupid Embarassed

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Randy Shelton
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith beat me to it.

@Rover: hope you get the � character fixed. Very Happy

Last edited by Randy Shelton on Fri May 16, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries, RM. Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic