SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm Broken!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody heard from/about/in re Bombardier? Question

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just letting you know im still alive.
A quick update, i'm still in hospital, the original problem was sorted fairly quickly however i developed an infection from a capitar being left in too long and have just got out of bed since, still feeling shitty and still can't use my left arm but hopefully will be home early next week as the antibiotics seem to be working, ironically they are being drip fed into me.
Thanks Jellyroll for you concern in PM

pony pony Mortar x18
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear. Very Happy

Have you seen any rich widows or trunkboxes on your safari? Laughing

P.S Hope you're not left handed! Shocked

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
still can't use my left arm

Bang goes your favourite hobby then.

Get well soon, mate. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
......however i developed an infection from a capitar being left in too long ......

Tnat should never have happened, even on the National Health. Not that care and sterility under the American health "plan" (what plans?) is any better, but there are many jokes about the NH. I believe my lovely wife and I even saw a movie called National Health in London, sometime in the early 1970s.

Probably a staph infections; Staphylococcus Aureus make a damned fine living in hospitals.

It's spelled catheter, by the way. I'm sure proper nomenclature is not in the 90th percentile of your concerns at the moment.

I've never had an infection, but catheters are very seductive. Getting out of the sickbed just to have a driddle is such a bother. Given a nice catheter and a morphine pump, post-surgery recovery beats real life.

II tried to write "have a pee", but there seems to be a built-in spellchecker here set to censorship mode. It changed "pee" to "passport". Pee pee pee. Driddle is a lowland Scots word; look it up.

Bombardier, unless you're a lefty, you can still bait with one hand. I'm doing it now? No, the other hand is occupied between a cup of coffee and a nice piece of toast.

You should be allowed to rest for a week before taking up the cudgel again.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All the best!
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All the best Bombadier
Will be thinking of you

Jellyroll, i cant say i've ever come across driddle.
Piddle , dribble , yes
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get well and fast, we need ya! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used the word "driddle" to explain the convenience of the catheter to a recovering patient assuming the damned thing doesn't get infected. Unfortunately, not the situation in re Bombardier where certain unwelcome bacteria have laid the poor fellow a bit low.

I attempted to use a word very like that of a small, round, green vegetable, but it was changed every time to "passport". From now on, when I leave a room, I think I'll announce "I need a passport".

The source of this word:

A Dictionary of Lowland Scotch with an Introductory Chapter on the Poetry, Humour, and Literary History of the Scottish Language and an Appendix of Scottish Proverbs

Author: Charlres McKay, LLD

Ballantyne Press, Edinburgh 1888
number 68 of a limited edition og 125 copies, signed by the author.

"Driddle: This is a word of several meanings, all more or less significant of anything done by small quantities at a time, such as to urinate often, to move with small steps, to spill a liquid by unsteady handling of the vessel which contains it. It appears to be traceable to the Gaelic drudh or druidh, too ooze, to drip, to penetrate, and drudhag, a small drop."

The next word is

"Droddum: A jocular name for the posteriors".........

See Bobby Burns' poem To a Louse:
.........."wad dress your droddum."

Some more words, then comes:

"Drumlie: Turbid or muddy (applied to water), confused, not clear; applied metaphorically to thoughts or expressions".........

Doctor McKay opines "This word would be a great acquisition to the English language."

It goes on at much greater length, as do the vast majority of the definitions.

I'd scan the page for ye, but I wish not to damage the learned tome by squishing it onto the scanner. Sounds like a mugu's excuse for not scanning something, doesn't it?

Scottish proverb: "When a ewe's drowned she's dead".

This learned tome is NOT available for loaning, and probably cannot be found on eBay, even if anybody cared.

This just in. This book was reprinted in 2003 as a paperback for 10.95 pounds sterling (or Great British Pounds according to the lads). Here's one place:

http://antiqbook.co.uk/boox/loch/002112.shtml

It would be a fertile source of very odd words with which to further confuse lads. For example, rather than complaining that the rules for picking up the courier box are unclear, one could just say something like:

"Yes, I very much want my package of money, but your directions are pure drumlie. I walk back and forth to FedEx while you just squat on your droddum."

Or something.

This would be a fresh source of the vague, as somebody in Mugutania might have caught on to Monty Python actor and character names.

Editorial: You might think someone named McKay would know that the word "Scotch" applies only to a liquid. Or were Scotsmen not quite so uppity in 1888? Is Sean Connery a member?

Well..... you asked. Laughing

Don't anybody purchase this book as gift for Bombardier, just in case he has stitches from his recent ghastly experience. You wouldn't think a scholarly work by a Doctor of Divinity living amongst the heathen (i.e., Scots) in Victorian times could be so darned amusing, would you?

I have no clue if Doctor McKay went on to document the language and culture of the Scots residing in The Highlands. But I'll find out.

Scholarly research done cheap, just $65 the first hour. Discounts available.

Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope your recovery is rapid and complete, Bombardier... it would be a shame to lose your input to the board.

And Jellyroll - if going for a leak is now announced by "I need a passport," then perhaps from now on you'll ask "Where the passport office"?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bomb, is there really internet access in NHS hospitals or are you baiting us? Shocked Laughing Seriously, sorry to hear you're still laid low, and get well soon. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^there really is internet access in an NHS hospital. Last time i was in a few years back you got 24 hours wort of telly plus internet for about £15 Shocked

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jellyroll wrote:
I've never had an infection, but catheters are very seductive. Getting out of the sickbed just to have a driddle is such a bother.

I may have read bomb's post wrong or you may have other info, jellyroll, but I got the impression that the infection was due to an IV catheter not a urinary catheter.
This bit:
bombardier wrote:
and still can't use my left arm
makes a bit more sense if the catheter in question was in the arm rather than the... ahhhh... passport delivery system Laughing Laughing

We're keeping your seat warm and your beer cold, bomb. Come back soon!

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
From experience catheter would apply to Iv or urethra
One is where they put in al ine in a vein that can used as required and one where they drain the contents of your bladder.
Both uncomfortable and both liable to infection ( personally had experience of both )
Yes you can get access to inernet, tv and radio via bedside link depending on the hospital you're in even in the NHS

In some "modern " hospitals it's the only way to watch tv.
I noticed his when my mum was in hospital
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"SlayerFaith""Jellyroll"
I may have read bomb's post wrong or you may have other info, jellyroll, but I got the impression that the infection was due to an IV catheter not a urinary catheter.
This bit:
bombardier wrote:
and still can't use my left arm
makes a bit more sense if the catheter in question was in the arm rather than the... ahhhh... passport delivery system Laughing Laughing

No, I was completely off track. It does make more sense that way. Apparently a catheter is any tube they stick somewhere it doesn't belong, even threaded through the full length of a blood vessel. The IVs I've had only penetrated the blood vessels a very short distance, and were put in at the wrist.

Not only does it make more sense, but it's a far less serious (assuming the bugs aren't the kind that eat antibiotics for lunch) than my fevered imagination had come up with. I had feared something really bad had happened, being focused on the passport apparatus as the infection site and thinking the left arm problem had a more sinister cause.

Thinking about an IV site becoming infected really inspires the cringe reflex, though.

I have absolutely no personal knowledge about Bombardier's plumbing arrangements. I swear I don't. I just hope he gets better quickly and gets back to spitting fire.

And if anybody cares: the learned tome I referenced is available as a download. The multimillionaire boys at Google have decided that good works include scanning Harvard University's library copy of Doctor McKay's book. Theirs is a lower number, but mine is signed. Take that, Harvard!

http://books.google.com/books?id=SE4OAAAAYAAJ&printsec=titlepage#PPP1,M1

A mere 19 MB download, and free at that.

Three projects going, and Mugutania is taking the week off.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get well soon, old fellow.

bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm home Razz
Still sore but home, not sure who started the NHS rumour, this all happened in a private hospital in Germany Confused
Thanks for all the well wishes.

pony pony Mortar x18
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, mate. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
numerous test which include large needles and cameras

OOoo, cameras, I've had that done. Shocked
Told em' if they find that thrupenny bit I swallowed in 1964, I wanted it back! Laughing

Get well soon bomber.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, no offence for USA citizens, but I think we Europeans have access to better medical care for a lot less cash.
I went through some surgical procedures meself, did not cost me much (and that was a bribe from me Ma) without any other charges.
And I felt so high after surgery that I was able to walk to me own hospital bed, w/o assistance. (BTW, only local anesthesia).
Anyway, it was a serious threat to me well-being, so I was out of RL for 2-3 weeks.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kabuto Sama wrote:
Sorry, no offence for USA citizens, but I think we Europeans have access to better medical care for a lot less cash.

Offence (offense)? Umbrage is more like it.

Kabuto, was you lookin' for a knock-down, drag-out fistfight with some American about this subject, or merely a reasonable exchange of discourse wherein some one of us defends the medical payment system of for-profit insurance companies?

If I find an American who believes firmly that high school graduates in low-level clerk positions should be making medical decisions, I'll send that person your way. The same holds if I find an American who believes that medical care paid for entirely by the patient should cost 2 to 3 times what insurance companies pay is a truly great idea.

I don't hang around with insurance company executives or professional politicians, so the pool of candidates to engage in a reasoned debate is shrinking rapidly.

This does not apply to those people actually practicing medicine. I, myself, will debate you about MOST OF the actual medical people, if need be. I would have been dead more than once without 'em. They are even more annoyed about for-profit insurance companies than the average US citizen.

Obviously, the important part in this discussion thread is that some medico peeked inside Bombardier, fixed the main problem, then fixed the unintended consequence of less-than-ideal care.

The second part at no charge, one would hope.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you're home Bombardier

Now you know what your stuntmen feel like Shocked

Get plenty rest, we'll all be hanging around here for a while
MyMyselfAndI
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kabuto Sama wrote:
I went through some surgical procedures meself, did not cost me much (and that was a bribe from me Ma) without any other charges.
And I felt so high after surgery that I was able to walk to me own hospital bed, w/o assistance. (BTW, only local anesthesia).
Anyway, it was a serious threat to me well-being, so I was out of RL for 2-3 weeks.

I'm not British but I've lived in the UK for five years now and I'm terrified of NHS hospitals... I've been in one once for a badly sprained ancle the care I received was fine and free but the place was pretty run down (have been to A&E in the US twice due to misc adventures and both places were top notch and my travel insurance paid for the treatment). We've got private health insurance in the UK and I think we pay about as much for that as people in the US do for their health insurance (part paid by their employer I guess). We pay about £110/month (two people, healthy, no smoking, normal BMI etc. multiply by two for US dollars) and that's obviously our choice for not wanting to deal with the NHS "in case". I'm not saying either the European system or the US system is better because it's all in the eyes of the beholder and I think both system have their perks.

Looking at cold hard statistics for e.g. cancer survival though then people in the US do better than people in most European countries. Why? I think it's because hospitals in the US are driven by making money and tend to assume a "worse possible scenario" and therefore find nasty stuff quicker than over here where the doctors seem to use a "best case scenario" and think that everything is nothing to worry about.

Sorry for the rant...

"I 4LH4JI 4N4NE C0MP0A0REU THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF F1RST B4NK OF 4FRIKA B.O.A HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS YOUR SECOND MAIL AFTER YOU INSAULTED ME WITH YOUR FORMAL MESSAGE." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 50 DOLLARS????ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR DO THINK THAT YOU ARE SELLING FOOD ITEMS IN THE MARKET OR DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A PERSONAL BANK." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Balut. He's been eating balut again.

Buck up, bomby, you goldbricker!
Smile

Here's hoping all the nursies are cuties...m

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Balut. He's been eating balut again.

Buck up, bomby, you goldbricker!
Smile

Here's hoping all the nursies are cuties...m

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic