SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Possible scammer - any info on this one?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had contact for about 3 weeks from one Jennifer Jones. Says she's from Canada on a business trip to Nigeria.

I'm real suspicious about this one for a few reasons:

- Written English is very poor
    - Uses a dynamic IP which traces back to various unrelated location
    - Will not talk on phone (most like a non-Canadian accent, or could be male)
    - Wants money for airfare to Australia
    - Photos look European, possibly Russian
    - Cell (mobile phone is definitely traceable to Nigeria

She is using email address [email protected] if anyone has come across her before. She is another one that seems to good to be true. 25 years younger than me for a start!

Anyone want to have a go? I'm new at this...
MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume this is not your real email address you are carrying on with her!?

Check romancescam.com, you can search the email address. Also google something from her script.

Not sure about the accent for Canada, don't you just have to say, "EH?" after everything?

May also want to post the pic as they maybe using one we have seen before.

If you haven't yet, ask for her passport, she can't travel without so she should have it. See what happens then.

Katya(Wow) = "today I shall go to the to parents, and I shall be come back tomorrow,
I shall remain probably with them for some days."

Chelsea on IM - YOU WILL COME BACK TO MEET THE P33 IN YOUR INBOX VERY SLOW

Ira - My heart beats like a Vulcan when I read your letters.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to eater.

You are right to be suspicious, From everything you've posted, 100% scammer. It's very typical for scammers to claim to be from a Western Country and inevitably end up in Africa on "business".

Could you please post the full headers from her email.

edit:
Here she is

http://jeniffertj.wazami.com/

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, those points you put across are all classic signs of the romance scammer. I'm not an expert at love scammers, but all of the african ones tend to claim to be from the USA / Canada but happen to be in Nigeria on business. You can usually recognise a Nigerian lad's style of writing after you've written to one for a while.
I think the guys above have pretty much proven the case, but if you have any lingering doubt you can post a sample email. Often, you can google passages of the text and they come back with hits on romance scam sites. Email addresses are not always so easily googlable (is that a word?) as the scammer will change them often.

As Lotta said, post the header from an email and we can have a shufty.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW! You guys are HOT! That is her allright - how did you know where to look? I have exacly the same pic!
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this is what you wanted. As I said, I a real newbie at this and this is the first time I've actually posted anything on here. Well done guys - you are HOT! many thanks

X-Message-Info:
Received: from n9.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com ([217.146.182.189]) by bay0-mc4-f7.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668);
Fri, 9 May 2008 07:03:53 -0700
Received: from [217.12.4.214] by n9.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 May 2008 14:03:52 -0000
Received: from [87.248.110.109] by t1.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 May 2008 14:03:52 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp214.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 May 2008 14:03:52 -0000
Received: (qmail 84603 invoked by uid 60001); 9 May 2008 14:03:52 -0000
Received: from [208.78.59.164] by web28311.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 09 May 2008 15:03:51 BST
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:03:51 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Hi again....
To: x
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 May 2008 14:03:54.0302 (UTC)

Hello John,
I saw your mail and the content is well understood..What do you take me for?Do you think am using another person's picture?Infact am so disapointed in you and i never belive you can send me that kind of mail..I want you toknow that am a beautiful woman and i don't have to beg a man to help me or marry me ..i came here to buy goods that worth thousand of dollars..am not poor ok?if you don't help god will surely help me..thanks and god bless..

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } I swore to myself that I would never talk to you again after what what you did to me, but now I want to talk again. First you have to prove to me once and for all that those photos are really you! If you can do that, I might be able to help you somehow...

I don't care how you do it, and I won't take any excuses, but I want you send me a photo of yourself holding a sign saying "I LOVE YOU JOHN". Just write the sign on a large piece of paper and hold it in front of you so that the photo shows you from the waist up with the sign across your chest.

If you do that I will talk, If you don't, I won't talk. Easy as that.

---------------------------------
Sent from Yahoo! Mail.

<div>Hello John,</div> I saw your mail and the content is well understood..What do you take me for?Do you think am using another person's picture?Infact am so disapointed in you and i never belive you can send me that kind of mail..I want you toknow that am a beautiful woman and i don't have to beg a man to help me&nbsp;or marry me ..i came here to buy goods that worth thousand of dollars..am not poor ok?if you don't help god will surely help me..thanks and god bless..</div> <div>&nbsp;</div> <div>&nbsp;</div> <BR><BR></div><B><I></I></B> <BLOCKQUOTE
class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <STYLE> .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } </STYLE> I swore to myself that I would never talk to you again after what what you did to me, but now I want to talk again. First you have to prove to me once and for all that those photos are really you! If you can do that, I might be able to help you somehow...<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I don't care how you do it, and I won't take any excuses, but I want you send me a photo of yourself holding a sign saying "I LOVE YOU JOHN". Just write the sign on a large piece of paper and hold it in front of you so that the photo shows you from the waist up with the sign across your chest.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>If you do that I will talk, If you don't, I won't talk. Easy as that.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>

Last edited by nu1g1n1 on Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's great, thanks.

Your lad is about 20 miles south east of Kaduna in Nigeria.

See this line:
Quote:
I saw your mail and the content is well understood

That's 100% lad. Scammers (and many innocent West Africans for that matter) write that as a matter of course in a lot of their emails. There's no way this person is Canadian, but I guess you knew that.

Don't you fancy having a crack at baiting him and getting some revenge?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgot to mention... I asked here for another photo of herself holding a sign saying that she loved me. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do, but she very quickly told me to f**k OFF!

Is there anything else that I should do, or can I leave it all up to you. I did try another Scam site before I found this one, but nothing showed up for her.

Also, how do I post a pic and in what forum/topic?
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, he/she just logged into msn under her yahoo address. You wanna have ago? She would probably recognise me....
MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just sent a wrong name email to her, we'll see if he bites.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry, there's no rush, "she" isn't going anywhere. I don't do IM baiting, but others do. Generally the guys here get in touch by other means first, I'm sure someone will go after her. How did this "girl" get in touch with you initially?

By the way, this is a good point at which to bring this up, please please cease any communication with this scammer if they have your real life email address. We only bait from anonymous addresses created specially for baiting.

You're welcome to have a go yourself, all you need to do is let her slip away for now, create a new addy, and then go back at her afresh as a new character. In the meantime, have a look around the general forums and start to get a feel of whether baiting is for you.
nu1g1n1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks MAD and Mugatu. He/She originally got hold of me through IM (MSN) but I can't remember how. I think I was probably hunting around a few different dating sites.

Also, I'll stop communicating with her alltogether. Should I just block her emails and delete her from my MSN contacts?
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that's the best course of action.

You can (if you like) make a fake email account and IM login, and you can send her a message in a week or two, once you've got some ideas of how to take things... your lad won't be able to resist it, whether he has contacted your new character or not.

Kick around the forums for a few days at least, I think you'd like it, and it's easy to pick up the basics. There is plenty of help at all stages too, so don't be shy, get putting the boot in! Laughing

MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Email bounced. We'll catch her next time....

Katya(Wow) = "today I shall go to the to parents, and I shall be come back tomorrow,
I shall remain probably with them for some days."

Chelsea on IM - YOU WILL COME BACK TO MEET THE P33 IN YOUR INBOX VERY SLOW

Ira - My heart beats like a Vulcan when I read your letters.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi nu1g1n1 and welcome,

As the others have said the telltale signs you posted are all very good clues that its an African love scammer.

There is a sticky towards the top of the love forum for romance baiting which should get you well under way, you can also find a link in my siggy line.

There is also a university here where live classes are run in many different aspects of baiting, past classes, many love baiting related can also be viewed in the university link, again my signature line has a link

You had asked about how to post a photo, full directions can be found in the love sticky but the simple directions are to google photobucket and go to the photobucket site, sign up, load the photo from your computer then click on the img link after the photo has loaded.

When you post here, you should be able to right click then paste the image link creating the photo.

If the photo is too big you may need to post a clicky to it, there is a quick lesson on that in the university if you care to find it.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic