SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad's curse stroketh me!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's start with the beginning:
Monday, day off from job, sunny morning. Then about midday the sky got cloudy. By 1 PM it was raining cats and dogs. By 13:45 (EET, GMT+2) the heavy rain transformed into hail.
And Then The Lord Smote The Unbeliever (Me Shocked ) with several lightning bolts that missed their intended target but fell in the neighbourhood (0,5-1 Km).
And then a spike in the electricity network.
And my computer was dead. Display worked. Speakers worked. Computer NO. Since it's case is always open, I touched it and I got a shock. Got my trusty multimeter and measured 120 V into the case and CPU radiator. No wonder I got shocked. I'm glad I didn't get the full 220 V.
Then grief and despair and anxiety until I got to the friendly computer store and back with a new power supply. Rolling Eyes
Oh joy! Only my power supply was busted. And I feared for the worse... (like my HDD was fried Crying or Very sad)
So I guess I'll vent me anger on some s3n3gal lads that infected some dating sites from my country.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to see you survived!

When I was about 10, somewhere very close to where I was at the time got hit by lighting. There was a flash of light and then... the weirdest, strangest, most frightening force you could ever imagine took hold of us (I was with a friend at the time) and basically it was like some sort of mini convulsion. I was conscious but it was like I was just a mind in a body that was being thrown (or throwing itself) around the room. Horrifying, especially being so young when it happened.
When he got control of his own motor-system back, my friend was out of the door of my house before I had time to even realize what might have happened! It was very very frightening, and I still don't know what happened... was it lightning that struck the house? Or further away? Did we get the full force of the strike or was that just a peripheral effect? Or... ? I don't know, but it was an experience and a half!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Otterfan
Laughing In my native language (Romanian) there is a saying: "Have you ever seen a dead devil/demon?" Very Happy
I have shocked myself several times on 220 V (never intended, just accidents). It's not as bad as people imagine.
And about thunderstrikes... There was a night... scary... 15-18 years ago...
The lightnings fell at 100 meters. The thunders shocked the apartment complex. There was the flash and the boom. Simultaneously.

But to come back at me original, twas a lad's voodoo! It damaged my finances! Laughing

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is why people say to unplug things during t-storms.

Also, battery backups might help (might not, but hey, if lightning wants to kill your comp, it will kill your comp).

Backups are nice because the power can cut out without killing whatever you're working on, plus it's one more layer between the outside worlds voltage and your expensive toys.

Computer: $2000 worth of components.
Moderate battery backup: $100-200.

IMO, that's worth it.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years ago I left my computer on and went out. A lighning strike took the roof of a house not far away and also took out my computer. Luckily, the computer was still within it's twelve month initial guarantee. I took it back, didn't tell them what exactly had happened (Act of God and all that) and got an exchange.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kabuto Sama wrote:
I'm glad I didn't get the full 220 V.

Wow! Shocked

I perform close to 20 hi-pot tests on high-volume telecommunications equipment, per night. I don't know what's being run through the boards, and I don't want to find out the hard way.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my 13 years of using PC compatibles this is the second PS that dies on me. First time (5 years ago) I had an older PC (It was obsolete by that time).
Had a streak of bad luck then, first a graphic card fried (ATI Mach64, 2 Mb), then my General MIDI soundcard (Yamaha SW-20PC), then a FDD and then the Pentium 1 motherboard. And then, when I was playing old DOS games on the 486 I build with some spare components I had (In the same case and same PS, mind you), the PS went out; in noise and smoke.
That's why I suspect all those failures were because of the PS.
The 486 survived, still have the MB around.

harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

otterfan -
Just before lightening discharges depending on how close the leaders are there can be an effect caused by the air ionizing, you can hear it and feel it. Then bang the discharge. It's very surreal. I have even experienced the effect on a really dry day when the kids are playing on the trampoline and creating 2inch or 50mm sparks to the frame. Great thing there is the kids think it's great fun and have a blast zapping you if you come to close.

I have also had to repair major damage to electronic equipment done by lightening . One of my old haunts I would take a complete fire alarm system from a military base to my workshop, replace 2-300 transistors test the entire system and reinstall 3 or 4 days later, only to see the storm building in my rear view mirror on my way home. I would turn my pager off and go home.

So yes if there is lightening about unplug everything from the power and phone lines you don't want destroyed. The chances are low however it will pay to be sure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic