SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How/Where to Report Scammer's Listing at Website?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
four9teen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I googled the 'company name', "FRANK CHRISTIAN GRANT JOBS & FABRICS COMPANY" given to me by the first scammer I want to bait, and I found the scammer's listing at Alibaba.com, a global trade listings website. See http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/100811797/Wool_Fabric.html

How and where should I report this so that someone at 419eaters who knows what to do can take action to have it removed from the website?
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well fake sites are usually taken down by the site killers in the site killing sub forum.

That is not a fake site, it is probably a scam listing on a trade site. Like someone using craigs list to post cheque mule jobs.

You could probably get the add removed if you talked to the customer service people and provided evidence that the person who posted on their site is a scammer.
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/servlet/page/static/help/contact_us_answer
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen that alibaba listing, though I haven't tried to have it removed. If you wish to do so, that would be great. I'm not sure how successful you'll be.

You might be interested and pleased to know that FRANK CHRISTIAN GRANT JOBS & FABRICS COMPANY did once have a fake website to support their scam. I found it, researched it, reported it to the host and now it's gone. One of the flags in my signature represents it. Very Happy

Edited to add: It's also how I got my tag "Tribble Herder". It was one of the many tribbles.
If you bait the scammer and he points you to a moneymule textile site, please DO let me know. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
four9teen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just finished reporting the scam listing to Alibaba. I included a link to a sample of his scam email which includes the "Frank Christian Grant Jobs & Fabrics company" name. If this Alibaba site has any integrity, I don't know how they wouldn't remove the listing. I will let you know if I get a reply, or if I notice the listing is gone.

And congrats on your flag for getting rid of the fake website by Mr. Frank $ Co.!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic