SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bank/ funds of the deceaced type thing

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phenakism
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there Scambaiters! I must've signed up to the wrong mailing list or something, because I'm currently being flooded with spam. Including this, which made me think lovingly of you guys.

Quote:
I am Mr. Peter Wong Executive Director of the Hang SengBank Ltd,hong kong
I have a deceased client funds in my bank and i need you to front
as beneficiary,your benefit is 50%,
my email: [email protected]
Sincerely
Mr.Peter Wong
if intrested pls send your details to such as 1. YOUR NAME 2. YOUR RESIDENT ADDRESS 3. YOUR OCCUPATION 4. YOUR PHONE NUMBER 5. DATE OF BIRTH 6. COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE to [email protected].
Sincerely,
Mr.peter wong

It reeks of scamminess, but I rather think he's failed by not telling me how much money I'm getting, why I need to be a beneficiary, or why he's decided to contact me by email - all that stuff. Idiot. I have seen another version floating about with that information, though.

Anyway, I'm not sure I feel ready to bait scammers, and I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, so if you guys want to go for it, then be my guest. Very Happy

Oh, the email it was sent from is [email protected] . It came in on Hotmail and it won't let me view the header tags unless I get this "Windows Live Mail" nonsense.

Mod edit - email address xxxxx out as it doesn't appear to belong to a scammer - SP
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have edited your post to remove one of the email addies, as I don't believe it belongs to a scammer, despite it apparently showing as being sent from that address.

The person who owns that email addy is from the Netherlands, see the second post down on this translated brass band page link that has an icon with their addy below their post:

Long Url

This was their original post in Dutch:

Quote:
Rutger Veldhuijsen

Geschreven op: Mon 29 Oct 2007 10:53:12 CET

Hoi,

Helaas moet ik mij aansluiten bij Leendert. Alhoewel ik gisteren de toeter van zolder heb gehaald om mijn dochter te helpen met haar alt-sax (ook es dus). Ik kan het nog en dat na jaren niet of nauwelijks spelen.

Ik probeer nog steeds een keer jullie te beluisteren. Hopelijk bij het optreden in november.

Rutger Veldhuijsen

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Phenakism
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My apologies. The last thing I'd want to do is hassle an innocent guy - I sought only to provide as much info as I could. I'll be more vigilant next time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic