SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit Card Fraud people called me

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My phone rang - it was a # I didn't know, so I screened it. The voicemail said to dail a 1800 number as my CC has been flagged for suspicious activity. So, the # that called me was a Florida area code. And then they wanted me to dial a 1800#. So, I dialed it, and I get this woman from India. She picks up the phone (I have no teleprompter to get to her) and says she's from the fraud department. I said I got the call. She starts asking me for my CC information. Then I was like - Wait a second - how do I know you REALLY ARE from the CC company? She assured me that she was, but I said, can you please hold for a second? Then I asked my dad what he thought - I got a call from a FL # and now dial a 1800 # and don't get a teleprompter and don't even have to wait - someone automatically picks up - he said it sounded like a red flag to him, too. So, I told the lady that instead of giving her my information, I was going to just call the # on the back of my CC to verify that the # she was calling me from REALLY WAS with my CC company. She encouraged me to do just that. So, I dialed the # on the back of my CC and when I pushed in the # of my account, it automatically redirected me to their fraud department. So, I found out the call was legit. I told him that I felt that there were red flags since I talked to a human so quickly. Anyway, they had deactivated my CC because I made a $450 purchase the other day and was 1,300 miles from home. Now they've activated it again. The guy said he understood why I had felt that the phone call may have not been legit but his computer did show that about 15 minutes before, they had called me and that I had called back before I made the call to him.

So, I guess you can sometimes get a real call about your CC and it's not a scammer - -but after being here, I had my tinfoil hat on tight!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Rintastic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smart thinking, Ms. Doolittle! I would have done the same-you would think these CC companies would know what behaviors will make a customer feel uncomfortable. I hope they take note of your situation and make some changes to make their customers more comfy.

Happy Sunday!

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Musicians and people who like musicians: We've started a forum for the exchange of ideas and sounds for bands around the world! Come check us out at www.oblivioninc.com!
Spear N. Magichelmet
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bank calls me all the time and says, "Can you verify your address," etc. I always tell them that I don't give out that information to people who have called me, and that I will call the bank number I have, etc.

It infuriates me that my bank does this, and I have complained about it repeatedly, because they should be encouraging people NOT to give out their bank info.

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get these calls often, especially if I do a lot of online purchases. However, I have never been asked to give my card on the phone.
That sure is a rather strange business practise, considering how neurotic banks are about cc theft.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Happened to my Dad here in Austria too a few weeks ago. He got a call from the CC company if he has been in the US a few days before. There was a transaction in the US that he didn�t really make, and the CC company found that out on their own and alerted my dad. Good job from them, I have to say Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, they can be quite on the ball about it.

My sister had her details lifted from somewhere a few months ago, they blocked all but the first transaction and notified her straight away, then they told her to highlight any fraudulent purchases and they refunded the money to her account.

Actually, i just had a e-shop email me saying the CC company had flagged my card as having incorrect details. I sent off a copy of a couple of household bills. I've used the company a few times, so it's probably not a lad trying to steal my id, but i'm gonna ring the bank just to make sure.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bank appears to do this often just for regular "how are you, how about this super feature we're promoting" calls. How is it that none of them can get it through their heads that they are making life more dangerous for their customers? If they care about security, they should either never start a call that requires absolute certainty of the customer's identity, or they should institute a set of passwords in the reverse direction.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The sad thing is, when legit companies use modalities that are so easy for scammers to replicate and then assure customers it is safe, it only makes it easier for the lads ... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm starting to get these calls on a regular basis. I like the idea and thank the people. I've heard all kinds of stories about call centers but found that (other than for airlines) the people really are helpful. I now know to notify all the card companies when I go on safari as purchases overseas and automatic payments locally seem to set off flags.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do that, too, connie. Smile

Any purchases that are outside your normal spending pattern will trigger an alert, and my CC companies are, thankfully, pretty on the ball. I'd never mind about such a call but I tend to forestall them by alerting them in advance if I am going abroad, making a large purchase, or doing something else that is unusual for my spending behaviour. It's not a bad habit to get into, inho. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@connie & eight. I really need to do that in the future!

I also think the CC needs to implement some way for us to prove who THEY are if THEY call us.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic