SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Home-school families & Educators... Assistance Needed

View next topic
View previous topic

bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are involved in education, or if your family home-schools, I need your assistance (for information, not money I know how this sounds).

A friend of mine is graduating high school as a home-schooler. Her father recently lost his job, and the family is living off of what was the kids' college fund.

I know there are programs out there to help students in this situation with funds to go to college but I don't know where to find them and I am sure all of you here can imagine what happens when you try to search for legitimate things such as this on the internet. Loans, grants, scholarships... anything that you may have information on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recommend having the parents/student visit the guidance department (or whatever they call it now) at the local high school. The front of the office is usually full of pamphlets/information regarding scholarships and grants.

Edit: Also, look here: http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/index.jsp

and here: http://www.ed.gov/index.jhtml

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IB hit it right on the head. Here's a direct link to the federal aid site.
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Don't pay anyone for any forms. Don't pay for seminars. Where is this person going to attend? The school that the student will attend will also have financial aid departments. Is the graduation this year or next? Community colleges are great for both vocational training and transfer to accredited 4 year institutions. Federal aid is also available to community college students.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been said, fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Make sure they go to www.fafsa.ed.gov, not any .com sites. The commercial sites charge quite a hefty fee. Plug in the exact numbers as directed, but also have your friend explain the job loss situation to the financial aid administrator.

If the school is on this list, then they are involved in the federal aid program. If not, call the school and check if they are or not. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet;jsessionid=0001DL3mS_2UebFhfuGGfRRDH3P:11efeurh7

I assume that you and your friend are both in Texas, from the location in your profile. Here is the info on how to get Texas state aid:

Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
P.O. Box 12788, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711
(800) 242-3062
http://www.thecb.state.tx.us

Have your friend check with the financial aid department at the college to find out when the state aid and school aid deadlines are. Many of them have passed already.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic