SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Seasonal and topical scams...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently did a South Africa World Cup 2010 bait which eventually boiled down to nothing more than a straight 419 involving overlooked investment funds, similar to the old bank worker scam. The funds were supposedly left over from the building of the SA National Football stadium.
I know that there was a similar scam a few years back which was themed around the 2003 All Africa games and funds left over from the Abuja national stadium.

Does anyone know of any other interestingly "themed" scams which have come out of the woodwork at the time of a particular event? There must be quite a few I would have thought.

(PS, I'm not counting plane crashes, those ghouls have already started to descend on the congo crash...)

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu, have you heard about the euro 2008 contest format? I think I seen it once in one of my catcher accounts.

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
John Drake
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu, the one that annoyed me the most in recent times was when 'Croc Hunter' Steve Irwin died, and the scum came up with a 'Help Terry' claim money that was due her, but the BAD network people were defrauding her, etc...it made my blood boil!

I took GREAT pleasure in doing a LOOONG bait, promising them the moon....until they finally walked away in disgust.... Twisted Evil

"YOU GO TO HELL YOU DA FREAK GOD STRIKE YOU DEED RIT NOW HOW DARE YOU SAYE THOS THINS TO ME I AM CHRSTIAN AND DO NOT DO DOSE THINGS YOU ARE SIK SIK MAN!!!!
YOU NEVER NEVER RITE TO ME AGAN--EVAR EVAR!!! I WIL ASS GOD TO PUNISH YOU AND SEHND YOU TO HELL! YOU AR SO SIK IT MAKE ME ILL JUS THINKIN ABUT YOU SO CRAZY." -Dr Wily

Without this certificate, we are still where we are.
I can never trust you again. It will be hard for us to work together.
I have learnt so much from the disappointments i experienced from you. I can only thank you for wasting my precious time.
thanks for wasting my time all thes while. You have been a great friend, i can not deny that.
Thanks for not being there for me when it matters most. -Xu Chaofan
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course the Asian tsunami and 9/11 disasters spring immediately to mind.

No disaster is too large for these scumbags to incorporate. I'm sure there is also a 2012 London Olympic lotto scam kicking around somewhere. If not there soon will be. And if I hear of another rich cocoa merchant poisoned to death in mysterious circumstances in France by their wicked uncle<cue spooky organ music> I think I will give up the will to live. Crying or Very sad

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was one about the VA shooting a while back, if I recall. Also, there is a US Tax Refund one going around now.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah it's sad that they use shootings, plane crashes etc... very ghoulish, but I suppose it only adds to the hate factor. One of my first baits was a NOK centred around the concord plane crash, and I recently did the NOK Colin MaCrae helicopter crash where the legendary rally driver had left his millions to no-one in particular. Rolling Eyes
I'd not seen the Steve Irwin format before, at least it's original I suppose. Sad

I was wondering about less pessimistic themed scams, like the Euro 2008 that Cap mentioned and the London 2012 lotto from Tommo. Have there been many others? They don't have to be sports themed by the way! Very Happy

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
William Wankur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There were lots of California fire relief fund lads last year. I baited the crap out of as many as I could find and shut down 2 websites and a total of 6 bank accounts. Made me giggle like a little girl.

"Why are you making me feel stupid?" - Mike Tutu

$5 Million in fake checks and counting!
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ones that stand out for me were the tsunami scams. That SOB travelled from Bankok, Thailand to Delhi India to (not) meet me and receive around $62,000 cash.

JREH

Betelgeuse
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure there will be one along about the China Olympics. IIRC there were several floating about for the Sydney Olympics...

B

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Getting Started</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Request Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium Benefits</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Refer Victims Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Report Bank Acct</a> ] Mortar x25
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never seen a Sydney Olympics scam, but then I've only been around for a year. The Abuja stadium one hung around for a while I believe, because of where it was based, the lads had local knowledge and didn't have to worry about foreign names etc. You're right though, I'm waiting with bated breath for the first China Olympic stadium overlooked funds scam. It seems that sporting events seem to catch the imagination of the lads.

Fatter Siam
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadam's millions are still being discovered by various soldiers in Iraq.
I think I posted China Olympic lottery in surplus awhile back. Also, at Christmas, I got alot that opened with 'Greetings of the Season'. That made sense at the time but I don't know what season they're talking about when I get them now.

Safari Accra>Abidjan
Safari Accra>Dakar
Safari Accra>Lome
Safari Cotonou>Abidjan
Safari Cotonou>Accra
Safari Cotonou>Lome
Safari Lagos>Lome UHMMMMM OH MY GOD DADDY PLEASE SAVE MY LIFE HERE IN LOME i did not eat, take my bath nor brush my tooth
Safari #1 Lagos>Cotonou> SH Parakou, #2 Lagos>SH Abuja HE REALLY SUFFERED AS I COULDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM AGAIN

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Felix the Cat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen an increase in "Microsoft & Yahoo" lottos with the news concerning Microsoft trying to buy Yahoo.

I feel like I am between the devil and the deep blue sea. - Peter Mbeki
you should as well understand that the heart of human is full of evil. - Sir. Paul Bryant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic