SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Strange message from ebay in my catcher

View next topic
View previous topic

K[o]
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact is I have nothing on ebay and this catcher account is 48 hours old and the only people I have contacted with it are known scammers. It came the same time as one of those halmark cards. does anyone know if this could be from one of my lads, or just a freaky mistake. I haven't clicked on the links because I am unsure.

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing:
http;//listings.ebay.com.au/dahlw0QQfrom4QQsacategoryZQsocmdbLis488956764588554
because the intellectual property rights owner notified us, under penalty of perjury, that your listing or the item itself infringes their copyright,trademark, or other rights.
We have temporarily suspended activity on your account in order to allow us to investigate this matter further.
If you believe that this action may have been taken in error, or, if you feel that your account may have been tampered with, please contact our Live Help team so that we can provide additional information and work with you to resolve this issue.
We have credited any associated fees to your account.We have also notified the bidders that the listing(s) was removed, and that they are not obligated to complete the transaction.
If you believe your listing was ended in error, or have questions regarding the removal of this listing, please click here or contact the intellectual property rights owner
directly at: Entertainment Software Association

eBay is available to answer questions, but since it is the rights owner that requested the removal of your listing(s), we encourage you to contact them first.
For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners through the VeRO Program, and a list of rights owners that have created About Me pages, please visit:

http;//pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html
Thank you for your cooperation.
Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc
Y8R965289 http;//pages.ebay.com/help/com
Go to Site

Search the Web

Cellphone Cellphone
Juan Freizwidatt
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a mistake, just a variaton on a standard phishing scam, trying to scare eBayers worried that they're in trouble. Don't click the links, these phishing sites are notorious for malware.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

"please if you want your funds just pay me,!! pay me!! pay me!!"

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Bullwinkle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's from a scammer. Forward it - with full headers - to [email protected]
K[o]
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will do thanks for the info.

Cellphone Cellphone

Jump to:   

View next topic