SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Legalities and Arrests

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrTran
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, long time lurker and first time poster here! I've been meaning to get into baiting for ages, but only got spurred into it as a workmate's email account was stolen. I've hunted down other scams from the same IP and got into one of them to bait the guy out, and since then my workmate has recovered her account.

What I'd like to know is, since this scammer is located in Delaware, and we have evidence that he phished her account and has initiated other scams, is it possible to have him arrested if his identity can be determined? Is this possible in many countries besides US, in fact?

He's using his home PC from what I and a friend can see, so we actually have a rough street address for him already.

Thanks all,
DT
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately this is not a high priority for the police. They MAY take a report, but it is very unlikely they will do anything. ID theft and phishing are just not law enforcement priorities.

Your best bet would be taking this up with his internet provider... they might be more interested.

DrTran
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pity that. I've emailed his service provider already since this Friday, hoping to recieve a reply sometime soon.

Failing that, there's always baiting! He's using a fairly static IP so it's not too hard. Smile
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may not be top of the police list, but if you make up a dossier of causal chain evidence (IP addresses, dates, actions, which laws are being broken, and the implications of the crime, similar cases, sentences handed down, etc), you might find a cop happy that he can get a quick arrest or something - just do the hard part first for him to make it easier to say yes.

But don't forget it may be an innocent party with an open wireless router, or a proxy, so don't over-egg the cake!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic