SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wedding photgraphy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a new plan for my lads' trophy pictures (yet), but somehow I've been talked into doing the pix for one of Hayley's workmates' (at Underworld) wedding. Shocked I can take a good picture, but I've never really took an interest in weddings.

Every wedding I've been to as a guest (and my own), I've been too hammered to notice what the photographer was up to, apart from getting stroppy when he bossed me around.

The 'semi - professional' who was doing it as a favour, suddenly wants $1,000. I said I'd work for food and a bridesmaid, but (a) Hayley said no, and (b) the bridesmaid is a Bisson Frise Pooddly thing, wearing a skirt. And I have to photograph that, too. Rolling Eyes

So just food then. Normally I'm a bit more mercenery, but they are good friends of ours too.

They said I could have a bottle of my favourite drink too, so I plumped for Glenlivet, but I might ask for a free bartab. Many years ago, a bar offered to pay me with free drinks for doing a rock disco. They never did that again, it cost them twice as much in Lowenbrau (not my usual, but the most expensive beer they had) as they normally paid the DJ. beers! I ended up putting on 'Kashmir' by Led Zep, to give me time to barf over the edge of the fire escape puke, so I'd still have time to be back for the next record.

Anyone know a webpage where I can find a guide on practical advice for the wedding photographer, as opposed to websites trying to sell me wedding photgraphy, which Google has zillions of?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very simple all i did was type into google "taking good wedding photographs" and this is one of the sites found.

www,pinkfridge.com/lal_weddings/photos
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I bookmarked it, though the comma in the url threw me.

Quote:
Unconventional poses can make the most interesting photographs. Often spontaneous, they could include anything from feeding the ducks to dancing barefoot on the tables!

I might feed the ducks, but I'm not dancing barefoot on the tables, you can get your feet cut.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
.... practical advice for the wedding photographer

try to avoid working with children....and animals Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to earn more money....photograph them when they are totally drunk. I think they call it blackmail in RL. Twisted Evil

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
but I'm not dancing barefoot on the tables, you can get your feet cut.

Depends how hungry the geusts are and how good/bad the menu is.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A wedding planner I knew used to put out a big basket of disposable cameras at weddings. the guests would grab a camera, take picts and then on the way out drop them into a basket marked "Cameras here". Otherwise most of the guests kept the cameras. She thought it was a great idea.
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@RC, I was coerced into photographing my sister's wedding on St Patrick's day last year.

A few salient points from that experience:

(0) If you don't believe that you will be able to do it, then politely decline.
(1) Know your equipment. Include an external clip on flash in your kit. Know how to use your external flash and reflectors.
(2) Hopefully you are already a confident and competent people photographer and enjoy coaxing people into nice poses. Practice informally beforehand.
(3) Wear shoes that are comfortable as you will be on your feet for 8 - 12 hours.
(4) Don't drink alcohol.
(5) Spare batteries and memory cards are very useful. Suggest 4 GiB minimum and a couple of GiB on hand and a spare battery or two. Take your charger too.
(6) Look at some contemporary and formal wedding photographs to give yourself an idea of what photos the couple would like. Speak with them well beforehand (not the afternoon before) regarding the types of photos they'd like. Ensure that you know the sequence and timing of events and are able to travel to each location in a timely manner.
(7) Disaster plan. 2nd camera body/lenses to be on hand in case of an oops. Find out if there will be another photo enthusiast guest and speak with them regarding sharing the load, especially with the candids and also to act as a backup if you need a break or if something untoward happens to you or your equipment.

A few more linky things to peruse:
A beginners guide to *war photography.
More *war photography.
The complete guide to *war photography.
* An enduring photographer's joke.

wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fight My Brute
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@RC.....I agree with everything stated by 7/9 and would add:

(1) Have a rehersal with, at least, the bride and groom and take a few shots of them in "their civvies" at agreed spots at the church and elsewhere.

(2) Be prepared for rain (or worse).

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And remember the other guests when you are taking pics outside the church, temple, whatever after the wedding. They can't go anywhere until the happy couple leave so PLEASE try to keep it as quick as possible. I spent almost 2 HOURS shivering outside a London church on a freezing November afternoon with 100 other guests while the photographer faffed around being a drama queen getting the 'perfect' pose.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou all. I too have fannied around for far too long outside a church, thanks to a fussy photographer. I don't suppose they will be too keen on holding signs or having a fish on their head.

7/9 's list sounds like good sense. I'm going to take my small Olympus as well as the big Canon SLR, just in case.

I'm going to the rehersal too. There's a no flash rule in the church, won't be a problem but I want to test the settings in there first, not find out later that all the indoor pix came out dark or with camera shake. They want the 'here comes the bride' bit and signing the register.

Avoid alcohol at a wedding? Shocked Well, not till the evening do, and they'd better be quick having that first dance. After that it'll be catching drunken silliness and kids sliding up and down the dance floor anyway. That's the free bartab out of the window then. Sad

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be sure to take a picture just as someone puts food in their mouth. That's always a winner. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be sure you know just what's expected of you!

Some years ago I was asked to make 'just a little video' of my ex gf's brother's wedding.

Started at the church at 11am - finished at the reception at 2am!

'can I finish this now?'

'well, if you can just get a few more shots of the bride/bridesmaid/groom/idiot uncle trying to rhumba/drunken best man' etc.

Managed to put the camera down for about an hour at the reception feast (Weatherfield Ramada, no less!).

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic