SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What did my computer just do?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stoker Thompson wrote:
More Smurf jokes please!

Thread hijacking has gone far enough - see the Joke-of-the-day sticky instead.

Fight My Brute
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
It locked up - I couldn't get firefox to work - but could get the other programs. Then all of a sudden everything froze.

... stuff...

WTF was that?

If it hasn't done it before, or since, it's probably nothing to worry about. Could be a lot of things, at worst a hardware malfunction.

This is a wake-up call to backup any important files and squirrel them away though. Also, if you don't have a battery backup, you might want to think about getting one, just as a chicken-soup type thing.

Me? I have two identical SATA hard drives in a mirroring RAID array as my primary and system drive. Movies and stuff is on my second, slightly bigger one.

Once, I was fiddling, and accidentally unplugged power on one of the RAID drives, and the comp booted on one drive. Once I noticed, I shut down, fixed it, and rebooted.. the thing spent like over an HOUR rebuilding the RAID array. Shocked Kinda annoying.

Still, I can lose an entire hard drive, and just say "nuts", order another from newegg, and slap it in and rebuild, with 0 data loss, so it's quite worth it for peace of mind.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing In case of errors replace user and try again!

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic