SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

beware new type of western union scam!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
imsohungry
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i have not fallen for it, however a regular visit to the gumtree accomodation forums and youll see many people have fallen for a very clever trick
yes its the old western union scam however its done in a completly different way:

I understand you quite okay.I will get the contract ready for you to sign if you like to take the Flat after viewing and the keys will be handed over to you immediately after contract has been signed.
Also,Receipt of payment will be issued to you after which you have sign the lease agreement form.However,i do not want to stand on promise of paying me cash or cheque when we meet because i have met with time wasters this few days.
I was discussing with my colleague about the idea on how i will be so sure that i will not be coming down to London on a futile exercise and she advised that we can work out something via Western Union Transfer to make it easy.
She made me to understand that she has used it a couple of times for renting out her Flat.She said that western union can actually hold the money as an evidence and surety that her tenant will pay her at least for the first month and deposit.She explained that you can visit any Western union outlet and transfer the money IN YOUR PARTNER NAME as the SENDER and RECEIVER will be in YOUR NAME.-You will use his/her name as the SENDER and AFTER viewing and you are okay with the flat,we both can go back to withdraw your money from western union close to my flat as she said she has done transactions this way before.

I do not want you to have the feeling that i am asking for money BEFORE you see what you are renting because i know that payment is meant to be done AFTER you have seen the Flat and okay with it.-The reason why you have to be receiver is basically to give you the confidence that your money is still in your name and to make sure that your money is still safe since you are the Receiver and not anyone else which you will collect with your valid ID,maybe with a passport or drivers license.
So in order for me to also be on a good side,you can go ahead and make the transfer since you have the money ready,let me know immediately you do the transfer so that i can know how to squeeze out time to come and meet you.But i will have to rely on your honesty and truth that you have actually make the transaction before i leave here to come down to London to meet you.What evidence will you give me so that I can be sure that you have made the payment? I was made to understand that you can Send me the (Scanned copy of the trasaction Receipt)to confirm here online on www.westernunion.com if its there before making my way.
I was also made to understand that western union takes some charges for the transfer and i am telling you that i will return back to you the full transfer charges whether you decide to rent the flat or not when we meet,ok?After doing the transfer,then i will have to leave here and be with you if we can agree on a perfect time to meet up for viewing.
Please,understand that i am NOT asking you to pay me BEFORE you view the flat as payment is done AFTER viewing and Signing of contracts.
I only want to be sure that i am not going to waste my time this time around and i think that with this condition,both of us can be sure we are not wasting our times.Let me know if you are okay with this so that we can proceed.Thanks so much while i will be waiting to read from you and i am looking forward to meet you and be great friends eventually.
PS:I am sorry for the lengthy mail.I only want to explain myself better

Lillian

-------------------------------------------

(link to original post is
http://forums.gumtree.com/about158350.html)
however there are thousands of posts like it on gumtree
its really easy for some1 to fall for it, even more so if he doesnt know how it works because hed be convinced that he hasnt sent any money,
really really crafty isnt it.
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
... will not be coming down to London on a futile exercise and she advised that we can work out something via Western Union Transfer to make it easy. ...

Some truth in that part, but only partly true.
"will not be coming down to London" - I'm sure they wont
"via Western Union Transfer to make it easy" - to get the money.

Tell the people in gumtree accomodation forums to ask western Union about the 'offer' & if they provide the service of - 'hold the money as an evidence and surety'

_______
Trying to use Western Union as an escrow service. Rolling Eyes

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic