SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Twist on a 419?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wtriker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have I stumbled on a new twist (at least to me) in the standard 419 scam? I received an email offering employment that is obviously bogus (it seems to originate in China). Interestingly it wants me to use my PayPal account to handle transactions for them. There are several links in the email but the one that claims to be the application is the interesting part. Here is the link:

http://bestpaysolutions.info/vacancy.php.htm

Note the "Working Tasks?" section. Does that not sound like a 419ish set up?

I can post the entire email body if someone thinks they can go somewhere with this. Thanks.

Closed lad accounts x5

"I AM JUST IN RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL BUT I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED TO YOUR REACTION, I GUESS YOU ARE A MATURED MAN UNDERMINING WHAT EVER CIRCUMSTANCE, AT LEAST I DESERVES A RESPECT AS HUMAN BEING..." MR ABDEL SAMIR
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Application sent for
This is a new twist for me too, I'm interested to hear what others have to say. I put on the prelim ap that I don't have a paypal mail yet.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find wtriker!

This looks like a job check scam to me. You will probably be asked to cash checks, wire most of the money back, and keep a commission for yourself. Or it's an attempt to phish your paypal account. Or both.

Please post that link in the fake banks forum. It should be killed.

Read the stickies there before posting. Very Happy

If you kill it, you can claim a flag.

Last edited by luckey on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
HANS MOLEMAN
Master of Master Baiters

Location: Halfway between the stubble jumpers and the big rocks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like a variation of the check/job scam with a twist. Plus probably a phising tactic thrown in to boot.

(edit: Luckey beat me to it)

"what is going on is that soon i am going to kill you , because you eat my money " - Malaysian hitlad

Click here to support 419Eater.com
bill mcdill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find!

United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana Ivory Coast Russia United States Canada Switzerland Ukraine Netherlands Saudi Arabia Benin United Nations Australia Austria Ireland Spain Germany Italy France Malaysia Portugal Brazil South Africa Sweden Thailand China Japan Bulgeria
pyramid x4 Mortar x5
Safari J03L Akum14h - Accra to Tamale and back again (co-bait with Kurat)
"So if i may ask,who bangs you?" J03L Akum14h
"I like a chicken. I shall tell about it somehow." S4tty
"In fact, our correspondent is almost arrested by the security agent for bringing in fake information" Barrister W0ngM@rtins
"hey what fuck are u don't reply bul sheet go to heal" Mr. Samuel (a jilted love lad)
bill mcdill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find! The lad who spent all that time developing that site will cry when it gets zapped Wink

United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana Ivory Coast Russia United States Canada Switzerland Ukraine Netherlands Saudi Arabia Benin United Nations Australia Austria Ireland Spain Germany Italy France Malaysia Portugal Brazil South Africa Sweden Thailand China Japan Bulgeria
pyramid x4 Mortar x5
Safari J03L Akum14h - Accra to Tamale and back again (co-bait with Kurat)
"So if i may ask,who bangs you?" J03L Akum14h
"I like a chicken. I shall tell about it somehow." S4tty
"In fact, our correspondent is almost arrested by the security agent for bringing in fake information" Barrister W0ngM@rtins
"hey what fuck are u don't reply bul sheet go to heal" Mr. Samuel (a jilted love lad)
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

May not be normal type lad

Would suggest take possibly extreme caution with baiting interchange with this one.

One of documents is from Latvia.

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vLads perhaps? I took a look... I'm not touching it with a ten-foot pole.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I'd wear protection before visiting that site, but shutting it down should be harmless enough. Baiting with the usual precautions should be fine too.

(I know that's probably what you meant. Wink)

Mucs Remmacs
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This site is legitimate , if you read the FAQ on the web page you will see this

Quote:
Q. Can I be sure that money isn�t fake?
A. Yes. All operations are reviewed by our anti-fraud team.

If your still not convinced

Quote:
Q. Is your company legal?
A. Yes, it is. See it here.

Quote:
Q. Would all activities in which I would be involved be legal in the US and elsewhere?
A. Yes of course.

How much more proof do you skeptics want! Smile

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square whole and can be voguish for that

INFACT YOU HAVE UPSET ME SO MUCH
419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've received a couple of those myself. Mother f*(&er$ don't know when to stop

It is written in the scripture that " thou shall not suffer a witch to
live"
-Cpt Br1@n to Fr W1ll1@m C00per, expressing frustration that a fellow lad had chopped his dollar.
Felix the Cat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it possible to send a fake PayPal payment?

If it's not, the scam modalities are rather limited and strained...

...they require advance fees to sign up for the job?

...they require you to send your part of the transfer (to them) before supposedly receiving the payment?

...they use you for money laundering? Pay you via stolen credit card, receive clean payment from you. (Most likely situation.)

I feel like I am between the devil and the deep blue sea. - Peter Mbeki
you should as well understand that the heart of human is full of evil. - Sir. Paul Bryant
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ What luckey said. They send you fake or stolen cheques, allegedly payments from their clients. You send them most of the money drawn on the fake cheques via your paypal account, keeping a percentage as "commission". Some time later, the bank finds out the cheques are bad, and you get the criminal investigation and the debt. Paypal's been their preferred method of getting the money to them in more and more cases recently. Maybe they've been finding Western Union unreliable Wink

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Felix the Cat wrote:
Is it possible to send a fake PayPal payment?

Well, yes... but that probably isn't what is happening here

The vlads in question might shift to a fake cheque type deal somewhere along the line, but that might not be the goal here. Many of them have access to compromised paypal accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards; so money laundering is most likely how this scam will go down. A bit risky, depending on the source of the funds, but it could very well work for a short time- esp if the compromised accounts belong to a business rather than an individual.

Don't forget that this type of scam is "hard and fast", as the scammer is well aware that a clock starts ticking as soon as his victim cashes the first cheque/makes the first transfer. He knows that his vic will eventually either be arrested for fraud or have his/her bank account(s) frozen. His goal is to suck every last dollar he can out of his victim before the bank(s) and LEO combine to make the vic's life a living hell. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I applied for a couple of 'jobs' exactly like these last week. It's cheques. Incidentally, the WHOIS for the site suggests getting it closed down is a bit of a non-starter. Sad
Quote:
inetnum: 58.22.100.0 - 58.22.103.255
netname: CNCGROUP-FJ-FUZHOU-IDC
descr: Fuzhou city, fujian provincial network of CNCGROUP
admin-c: FZ165-AP
tech-c: FZ165-AP
changed: [email protected] 20071008
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-FJ
mnt-lower: MAINT-CN-FZ28
source: APNIC

route: 58.22.0.0/15
descr: CNCGroup CHINA169 FuJian province network
origin: AS4837
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: [email protected] 20060330

route: 58.22.0.0/15
descr: CNCGroup FuJian province network
origin: AS9929
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: [email protected] 20050504

person: FU ZHOU
nic-hdl: FZ165-AP
e-mail: [email protected]
address: Fuzhou city, Fujian province, China
phone: +86-591-28363728
fax-no: +86-591-28363716
changed: [email protected] 20060509
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-FJ

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Felix the Cat wrote:
...they require advance fees to sign up for the job?

I've seen some of these that require up front payments to register, or whatever. Usually, it is quite low, and highly negotiable. They probably do that to filter out "jokers" and to lend a sense of legitamacy to the scam.

Advance fee revenue generally isn't the goal. They know that a lot of their victims are broke and need jobs. They count on that. That's what makes these scams so damaging. To get started, you don't need much cash, if any. In the first few weeks or months, you suddenly see some income and believe you have found an easy job. Then it all goes to hell and the next thing you know, you owe huge sums of money to the bank, and you're in a world of legal trouble. Evil or Very Mad

wtriker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why wouldn't PayPal and/or LEOs be willing to work with someone in a sting operation? Has anyone tried to contact PayPal on this since they are using PayPal to legitimize their activities? Are LEOs just not interested?

Closed lad accounts x5

"I AM JUST IN RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL BUT I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED TO YOUR REACTION, I GUESS YOU ARE A MATURED MAN UNDERMINING WHAT EVER CIRCUMSTANCE, AT LEAST I DESERVES A RESPECT AS HUMAN BEING..." MR ABDEL SAMIR
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I reported it to PayPal. They will probably take an interest.

BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since this involves PayPal, this is not a fake checks scam.

You will be sent payments funded by a stolen credit card, or a phished PayPal account. You'll withdraw the funds, WU the excess.

When the credit card victim finds out his card or Paypal Account was being used fraudulently, he/she will charge back to PayPal. PayPal will then come after you for the fraudulent charges.

At the least, your PayPal account is gone. They may even press charges against you for wire fraud. They're pretty nasty about people involved with fraud.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
I applied for a couple of 'jobs' exactly like these last week. It's cheques.

Seriously. They wanted to send me cheques, and wire the money drawn on them via paypal. There's no one size fits all. These were vlads 'based in Hong Kong' too. What the heck, it's an employment scam, the same old thing.

There's often a tendency for us to state what the scammer's plan 'is' rather than what, in our opinion, it is likely to be, and this leaves the original poster more confused than he was with his own assessment of it. We can only post our own take on it, based on personal observations of similar things in the past.

Last edited by PsycheDelia_Smith on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
guruofwireless
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm game. I have an address in another town that I can use, and the name of my late father in law to use...

You all want to find out? I'll apply for the job...

PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most people here would agree that using an address that's connected to you in any way is a big no-no. An address that'll ever be occupied by anyone else would be bad too.

wtriker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The full email is posted in the Surplus 419 forum.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134252

Closed lad accounts x5

luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ guruofwireless: Be careful about addresses in other towns etc. Whoever is at that address now, or used to be at that address, or is at that address next, could be at risk.

The safest way to receive checks is to a drop box. The easiest way to get access to a drop box is to become a premium member. Several members here run them with all of the necessary precautions.

Edit: What PsycheDelia_Smith said, only not as quickly.

guruofwireless
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah... My father in law had a very common name. Almost as good as "Jim Smith".

And yes, the mailing address IS a box Smile

And no information will be given out about the box except to law enforcement... I know that for certain. So, it's my intention to find out what the hey they do, and also anything I get to help Law Enforcement will be done, of course.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic