SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Google is my friend

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a reply back on my first ever Love Scammer. Found an interesting bit in it and googled it (like I had read here to do, and what do you know, found it word for word and even from the same person - Valya.

<a href="http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=5220">Letter 2</a> is the one to read on that page. Word for word what I received.

Thanks for the tip to google part of it. Lets me know she? is definately a scammer and on script. It also tells me this is not a translation scam, so I am guessing a Visa/Ticket scam.

I am thinking of writing her back asking some innocuous questions and maybe starting to fill out my character (a traveling salesman).

Looked at the Gmail Header and it had "X-Mailer: The Bat! (v3.60.07) Professional".

I had heard about the Bat and i am assuming this is what everyone was talking about, a mass mailer program.

Thanks for all the good info posted here, it is already helping.

MAD

(Missing A Deritative)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's M.A.D.D. Mothers Against Drunk Driving here Smile

Now put your "friends" IP# or name or phone or addy in here and you might see his whole work http://www.urgentmessage.org/IPfreely/_i?filter=
Also a handy gadget when you lost a "friend" and want to bait him again, bookmark it.

Cheers

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The company that produce the Bat! mail client claim it has a lot of vital benefits and useful features that make your email experience simple and convenient, obviously they mean for the sender and not always the recipient!!!

The blurb
The Sorting Office is a powerful filtering system that not only sorts incoming, outgoing, read, and replied messages to folders, but also can auto-respond; reply with a custom template; forward, redirect, print, or export messages; send reading confirmations; run an external program and more. With just a few minutes for setting sorting rules, you forget about drag-and-dropping messages from folder to folder.
In addition to the signatures, The Bat! allows users to create the message templates that are using special macros. Any mailbox, folder or entry in the Address Book can have a set of templates for the new message, reply or forward. These templates, it is stated, will greatly expedite the process of message composition, especially when the message has some standard or common text.

Once the bait is over IMHO you should publish in an open forum or even when you have a few generic mass mails that cant identify your baiting persona -

Prevent the scammer making $$ from victims and that is a real victory, every single thank you from a victim your post alerts preventing a scammer making $$ should be considered a trophy too!!!

One such place is
http://www.romancescam.com

They have sections on Vlads and Lads

Any contact details or links I post are an open invitation to readers to jump on in and write to them
Mortar x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic